“2 night stay”

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Fauquier, BC
“2 night stay”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Not a bad hotel but could use better training in cleaning and the front desk. I would like to say 'Thank You' to my fellow travelers that stayed so quiet each night I was there. Never heard a thing! Beds were too soft and dipping in the middle which made it hard to find a non rolling spot. Overall: I would probably stay again but will have a chat with reservations and front counter when I do to arrange a better room.

Room Tip: ask for a firmer bed without the pillow top if you have aches and pains
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Meghan M, Reservation and Group Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Arrowlakesgirl
We would like to thank you for preferring our hotel while visiting Kelowna.
We always strive to provide our entire guest with the best comfort and service and we are happy to know that we offered you exactly that.
We work hard to ensure that you will always have a magnificent stay at hour hotel and will look forward to have you at our hotel again.
Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel and giving us the chance to improve. I do apologize for the few inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay.
We do hope to see you again. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email myself and I will be happy to help meghanmcconnell@fortisproperties.com

Holiday Inn Express Kelowna Conference Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Edmonton
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Myself and 2 sisters made an unexpected trip to Kelowna due to our father being in the hospital. The hospital provided us a list of local hotels that offered "Medical" rates. I'm not sure if the list was dated but we first tried the Best Western across the street and they would not honour the rates. The Holiday Inn on the other hand was very accommodating and did honour the rates even though it was lower than their normal amount.

The staff was very friendly, the hotel was very clean, had comfortable beds and a generous breakfast. If I'm in Kelowna again and need a place to stay, it will be the first place I look. I didn't have an opportunity to check out the pool or other hotel amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Meghan M, Reservations and Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
We are forever committed in providing our patrons with the best service and amenities and this is a promise we intend to keep.
Warm regards,

Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed there for the one night. I was on the 4th floor, view is great in the morning! Really comfortable room/beds. Free parking is a plus! Staff was great and very helpful about what to do, where to go, good recommendations! Only wish that the breakfast would be until later then 9:30am.. and the wifi would only work for like 5 minutes then go off.. I'll come back for sure anyway, I really like this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Meghan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
We would like to thank you for preferring our hotel while visiting Kelowna.
Dear LysChill,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights during the Labour Day long weekend, as I was in town attending a wedding. Booked the hotel on Hotwire, so I got a pretty great rate, but of course the name of the hotel was hidden until I purchased. Was pretty happy with the reveal, given the user ratings on tripadvisor and other sites.

Check in was quick and painless - and the front desk staff was very friendly. Parking is free at this hotel (huge perk) - but it's a popular hotel, so sometimes that can be a challenge if you're the last to arrive at night. I had a room on the second floor in the main building, it was clean and comfortable - pretty standard HI Express issue. The Air Conditioning worked almost too well, came into my room a few times and it felt like an icebox. Better than having inadequate A/C in my opinion. The bed was comfortable, but given that the hotel prides itself on a pillow "menu" - I wasn't impressed by the quality or the size of the pillows. They felt overused and lumpy.

The bathroom was pretty standard. One of my biggest complaints with the chain hotels is the quality of lighting they tend to use in hotel rooms. The lighting should be warm and inviting throughout - not cold and institutional. Nonetheless, many hotels still insist on using CFL bulbs in a cool white shade. The fluorescent tubes they used in the washroom also felt this way - it felt chilly whenever I'd step out of the shower, and the lighting always made you look washed out in the mirror. I know it's picky - but these things would greatly enhance room comfort in my opinion. Speaking of the shower - it wasn't great. The shower head was in dire need of replacement - the stream of water wasn't very strong, and on the last night and morning of my stay - the water wasn't hot. I alerted front desk staff when I checked out, and they were unaware of the issue and said they'd look into it. Hopefully this wasn't a widespread problem.

I didn't get to check out the pool facilities - but my cousin and her family were staying in the hotel as well, and they said it was a lot of fun. One of the best parts of staying at a HI Express is the free breakfast in the morning. It's very well-appointed with lots to choose from. I was very satisfied, especially considering that it's a free breakfast!

Biggest opportunities in this hotel: Pillows, lighting, and the showers.
Biggest benefits of this hotel: Free breakfast, very friendly staff (5/5 for them), location, value and free parking!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Express & Conference Centre Kelowna for your recent stay.

Dear joecdn,
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we truly appreciate your comments about the inconvenience you were faced with. I hope you will try to visit us again in July, or August when the weather is spectacular!
Once again, I appreciate your kind words and look forward to your return visit.

Regards

Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have stayed at this property before and it remains the same: clean, well maintained, friendly staff. Rooms are spacious.
My only issue is with the chain in general: they need to upgrade their towels to something larger and less industrial.
Coming from an area where there is NO shopping this hotel felt like Nirvana to me: so many places to shop (and eat) within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Heather P,
We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Conference Centre for your recent stay.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your comments about our hotel, and location. With being in the heart of Kelowna, anything you might need while on vacation it is within a short distance.
We would like to see you again soon and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email myself and I will be happy to help meghanmcconnell@fortisproperties.com.

Regards

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Love the location. Close to the airport and right on the main thoroughfare to all of Kelowna. Basic rooms. Tv could be better. Great convenient breakfast. A real plus. Would recommend. Good parking and pleasant staff. Really like the Globe and Mail at the door first thing in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank JGDcanada
Dear JGDcanadaThank you so much for choosing our Hotel for your Travel needs. Its a great pleasure to provide you with a great location and wonderful breakfast. I'm glad the staff were able to accommodate you with the things you needed while you were on vacation We look forward to seeing you again and thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna Conference Centre

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were just visiting Kelowna overnight and did not have a hotel reservation. We walked into the Holiday Inn Express and the desk clerk was happy to accommodate. He quoted a rate that was not exactly reasonable and with a little negotiating, we secured a king sized room at what was probably the going rate for the season. He let us believe we actually got a good price but when I overheard him on the phone with another client, he quoted that same rate, which at peak season, was not so bad for an HIE.
The room was clean, linens and towels fresh. You could be in any HIE anywhere in the world, that is what makes them comfortable and reliable. The only downfall was the extremely noisy AC rooftop fan right outside our window. It meant that we couldn't keep the windows open and even then the noise was bothersome.
The morning breakfast was very satisfactory, typical Holiday Inn fare with no surprises. Staff were friendly and the room was spotless. They gym was small but adequate for a quick morning workout. The hotel is on the highway heading toward the airport from the city; a good location for almost anyone's needs.
The complimentary breakfast, internet, bottled water, cookies and snacks are what make Holiday Inn Express a great place to stay no matter where in the world you may be.

Room Tip: Stay away from the centre of the hotel at the rear. That is where the noisy fan is located.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Molly 59,
I am thoroughly pleased to know that you had a good time while staying with us and on behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for your kind words of encouragement. To go back on what you had said “what make Holiday Inn Express a great place to stay no matter where in the world you may be” Not sure if you are aware but the world’s first Holiday Inn was opened on August 1, 1952 by Kemmons Wilson and in 1990 entered into a new market opening Holiday Inn Express. He was offering family oriented, predictable, convenience and “inexpensive luxury.

Warm regards,