“A perfect 1 night stay”

Holiday Inn Express Kelowna
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed for 1 night this week and was extremely impressed with the spaciaous suite and level of service that we received. I will definitely make this my place to stay when travelling to Kelowna in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mbcampol
Meghan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff take great pride in our service to our guests, and we are pleased that you received great service from us. Please let us know when you are ready to make your next reservation with us, we will be happy to assist you with your booking.
Sincerely

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Best hotel of our whole trip! We were in town for a wedding and this hotel was perfect for our family! Two nice sized water slides, clean pool area and the Lifeguard was a pleasure to speak to. In fact EVERY single staff member that we encountered during our two day stay was an absolute delight. The people at this hotel clearly love their jobs and take a great deal of pride in the job they do! Warm upbeat friendly staff around every corner. My husband who is VERY particular about cleanliness was blown away with the condition of our guest room! It is not the newest hotel in the area, but everything was so clean, fresh and well maintained that it certainly had the feel of a new property. The breakfast was fantastic! We really appreciated the healthy breakfast options, and again, the breakfast bar attendant, an absolute delight who not only did not mind, but seemed pleased to answer our 110 questions about the local area. One employee in particular stands out in my mind, I believe his name was Mark, he worked the night shift on the Front Desk. He gave us the warmest welcome at the desk, and he was SO considerate! He took the time to let us know that there was a group in house and to let him know right away if we had any trouble with noise- we had NO trouble with noise whatsoever! Geez, I really hope his name was Mark, he made our first impression so comfortable, warm, informative and friendly. Overall a memorable experience that left a lasting impression :) Thank you SO much for everything we will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I am thoroughly pleased to know that you had a good time while staying with us and on behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for your kind words of encouragement. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your comments about our hotel, staff and location. Not sure if you are aware but the world’s first Holiday Inn was opened on August 1, 1952 by Kemmons Wilson and in 1990 started into a new adventure the Holiday Inn Express. He was offering family oriented, predictable, convenience and “inexpensive luxury.

We are forever committed in providing our patrons with the best service and amenities and this is a promise we intend to keep.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have stayed in most the hotels in Kelowna, as I go there often for business. This one is the best I have tried. Although it is not too near downtown, there are lots of restaurants across the street for lunch and dinner. The rooms are big and clean and new-looking, and the the breakfast buffet is quite good. It is not the lackluster continental breakfast you often get in hotels, but includes decent eggs and sausage/bacon. The hotel's service was very good, and the conference rooms and large with good lighting (not the windowless interior rooms one often gets stuck in during these all-day business events). The pool looked good too - great for kids.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Meghan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear KMC 1971,
We would like to thank you for preferring our hotel while visiting Kelowna.
We always strive to provide our entire guest with the best comfort and service and we are happy to know that we offered you exactly that. I hope you will try to visit us again in July, or August, when the weather is spectacular!
We work hard to ensure that you will always have a magnificent stay at hour hotel and will look forward to have you at our hotel again.
We do hope to see you again. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email myself and I will be happy to help meghanmcconnell@fortisproperties.com

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Perfectly located in Kelowna with a few nice eateries within walking distance, pool & waterslides, free breakfast are all good but the staff are outstanding expecially the front desk. Not sure about the hotels original rooms but ask for or book the tower wich has rooms that exceed HI hotels standards in every way.

I do stay here frequently and recently checked in and was givin a pair of tickets to that eveings hockey game which was a really nice gesture.

My platinum benefits are always recognized and I don't have to fight for an upgrade all combined to make my stay a guaranteed good one.

Keep up the good work HIX Kelowna!

Room Tip: Book a tower room, they are huge, clean and very contemporary.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for choosing our Hotel for your Travel needs. Its a great pleasure to provide you with a great location and wonderful breakfast. I'm glad the staff were able to accommodate you with the things you needed while you were on vacation. We love our loyal guests, and glad you were able to enjoy a Hockey game while in town. We appreciate your platinum status, and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna Conference Centre.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Not a bad hotel but could use better training in cleaning and the front desk. I would like to say 'Thank You' to my fellow travelers that stayed so quiet each night I was there. Never heard a thing! Beds were too soft and dipping in the middle which made it hard to find a non rolling spot. Overall: I would probably stay again but will have a chat with reservations and front counter when I do to arrange a better room.

Room Tip: ask for a firmer bed without the pillow top if you have aches and pains
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Meghan M, Reservation and Group Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Arrowlakesgirl
We would like to thank you for preferring our hotel while visiting Kelowna.
Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel and giving us the chance to improve. I do apologize for the few inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Myself and 2 sisters made an unexpected trip to Kelowna due to our father being in the hospital. The hospital provided us a list of local hotels that offered "Medical" rates. I'm not sure if the list was dated but we first tried the Best Western across the street and they would not honour the rates. The Holiday Inn on the other hand was very accommodating and did honour the rates even though it was lower than their normal amount.

The staff was very friendly, the hotel was very clean, had comfortable beds and a generous breakfast. If I'm in Kelowna again and need a place to stay, it will be the first place I look. I didn't have an opportunity to check out the pool or other hotel amenities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Meghan M, Reservations and Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed there for the one night. I was on the 4th floor, view is great in the morning! Really comfortable room/beds. Free parking is a plus! Staff was great and very helpful about what to do, where to go, good recommendations! Only wish that the breakfast would be until later then 9:30am.. and the wifi would only work for like 5 minutes then go off.. I'll come back for sure anyway, I really like this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Meghan M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear LysChill,