“Excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Williams Lake
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

The room was excellent as always. We have never had a bad experience staying at best westerns. If anything, we have always been pleasantly surprised either with the decorating of room and or the hot breakfasts. Love it

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments! It is always great to hear that our efforts are being recognized by our guests and I will be very pleased to share this with my team.

Thank you again and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Rosemary Paterson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nanaimo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

The front desk service is very good. Rooms are nicely appointed and equipped. If you need anything extra all you have to do is ask. The location is close to major shopping and entertainment. The on site breakfast facility while not fancy is adequate.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank ELGIN M
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the excellent service provided by the Front Desk team and that all your expectations were met or exceeded. We appreciate the feedback and I will be pleased to share this with our team!

Thank you again and we hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

We stayed here based on the ratings and we were somewhat disappointed.
Pros: Good size rooms (we stayed in a King in the Tower), location, property very clean and the staff were excellent.

Cons: There is some road noise if you are a light sleeper. While the room and all of the property were clean the balcony was not with matches and butts on the floor. The beds are very firm/hard. The breakfast in ORA was basic and the bread and pastries were stale. The wi fi and the business centre had poor/slow service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank birtleman
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments with our readers. I am pleased to address your comments as we have some changes forthcoming which will be helpful.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our Tower rooms as they are very attractive and comfortable. We are updating our mattresses this January and will have pillow top mattresses. While our current mattresses are still very comfortable, I believe that many consumers have softer mattresses or pillow tops at home and therefore, the consumer is less comfortable with firm mattresses. Also, you mention that you could hear the traffic noise which can rise up to the tower and be heard if you are a light sleeper. However, please know that we do have many other rooms to accommodate our guests in other areas which are extremely quiet with no street noise.

I sincerely apologize that there were butts on the balconies. This is a regular area for cleaning but must have been overlooked by the housekeeping staff and this will be addressed. I also regret that you found the bread and pastries stale. There is new product on the buffet on a daily basis so I am surprised however, I will address this with the restaurant. I also regret that you had slow wifi service in the business centre. This is unusual and should have been looked at immediately with the tech service to determine the problem.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we do hope that you will choose our property again on a future stay.
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

We spent 38 nights here because of a flood in our home. The staff here are very caring and amazing. We would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a place to stay in Kelowna. The breakfast is great, the pool and hot tubs clean. Beds are comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments. I am pleased that your enjoyed your lengthy stay with us and that you found the hotel team members to be "caring and amazing". I will be happy to share your review with our team as it is good to hear the positive comments and know that there efforts are appreciated!

Thank you again!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

My second time here in the last couple of months. I love their suites, the kitchen is small but very useable and a great value for a family with a couple of kids. Only three minor complaints:
1) I was told when I checked in that they dont give you Best Western Rewards points when you book through Expedia because the rate you pay is too low. What kind of Rewards Club is that? If I pay more you'll give me points? Why would I do that? So you are rewarding suckers who don't know how to book the best price? Seems unfair and not worthwhile. DItch the rewards club. Sorry suckers, but apparently if you didn't use expedia you paid too much.

2) The breakfast is normally quite a good deal here with hot pancakes, bacon, eggs, and made to order omelettes. But on the Saturday they ran out of coffee (quickly replaced though), milk (not replaced), yoghurt, fruit, and the orange and apple juice both tasted funny and were cloudy....too much time in the containers out of the fridge I guess. Tough to maintain a breakfast like that with hit and miss attendance during the shoulder season I suppose. I think staffing is always an issue too...I couldn't see anyone at the restaurant that looked over 20 years old working there. The next day however, breakfast was much better and almost all items were there and didn't taste funny. The kids working there tried the best they knew how.

3. I asked for an extra blanket and a pillow when I booked as a special request on the on-line booking form. They weren't there when I checked in. I called the front desk and I got them. Minor item, but if you want 5 out of 5, make sure all special requests are looked after. Did you hear the story of the Fairmont in Toronto where a guest put down "pillow fort", the staff complied, and the story went viral on social media. Give it a try.
I will stay again, and I am sure the manager of this hotel will research and improve on these minor items where possible.
Strangely enough, the first item bothered me more than the others. Probably because that seems misleading. I have been a BW Rewards member for many years and that is the first time I was told that my stay was ineligible for rewards points. Just give me a couple of points and I'll be happy.
J

Room Tip: I love the ground floor courtyard kitchen suites.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I appreciate the feedback and am very pleased that you are happy with our hotel facility and details of the rooms etc. I would like to review a few of the points you noted for better clarification.

The Best Western Rewards program and other programs through Holiday Inn or Marriott etc, extend the same message that most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate are not eligible for points. This may be one reason why there are sometimes deeper discounts with the 3rd party websites. As always, for anybody that books through 3rd party sites, I strongly recommend that you contact the hotel to ensure the information on your reservation is correct and that you have the right room type and number of guests etc. It is better to deal with this in advance then upon arrival when the hotel may be full. Special requests do not always show on the 3rd party reservation forms nor if you're changing from 2 to 4 people so we may not have received the request for extra pillows and blankets. Our apologies for that, but I'm glad that you received them as soon as you requested.

Thank you for your comments on the breakfast. I have reviewed these with ORA and they have been addressed with the team and leaders.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share these comments and I review them with focused consideration on how to improve the services and amenities. I hope that you will be joining us for another stay in the not too distant future.

cranbrook
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I highly recommend the Kelowna Best Western Plus Hotel and Suites BUT caution travelers to check which Kelowna Best Western Plus they choose. I wanted a hotel near the airport, and checked out the Best Western Plus Hotel and Suites but made the mistake of selecting the Kelowna Best Western Plus Wine Country. This second property, which is NOT near the airport refused to switch my reservation to the correct hotel AND charged me full price for cancelling the reservation by 4:00 pm. They will not return my calls and overall portrayed a very negative customer service.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about this incident. I have researched this stay and spoken with the GM of the other Best Western to ensure she follows up with you. It is important to understand that when one books through a 3rd-party booking site (such as expedia or booking,com) that there are rules and restrictions that both the guest and the hotel must adhere to. The hotel does not have any control over these restrictions, and can't do same day cancellations or changes per the 3rd-party rules. This was the case with the West Kelowna Best Western Plus Wine Country property. I apologize for this frustration. As a general suggestion to all who use these sites, I do recommend that after making your booking through a 3rd-party site for any hotel/location, that you then phone the hotel to ensure that all the details are correct, such as number of people, number of beds, pet friendly etc. It saves a lot of grief and frustration at time of check-in.

And thank you for your positive rating of our Hotel in Kelowna. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, located in the centre of Kelowna proper.

We will hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.