“nice hotel if you like rabbits”

Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I hate this hotel i blame them for me putting on two stone as i am now hooked on waffles bacon and maple syrup since staying at this hotel, gosh but its so good, anyways yes the rooms were a good size and very well maintaind you now my opinion on the breakfast good stuff.it is a bit of a strange place i thougt for a hotel, i suppose it good for the airport,i felt it was in the middle of a shopping senter. but we found lots to do out and about, loved all the bunnys running around i was lead to believe people have let there tame bunnys lose thay have gone wild don't now if that is true. And what a nice jesture as the coach party was leaving i think it was the manager and a member of staff came to the coach to say fair well and hand out apples to us all.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while on a group tour. You mentioned the rabbits which were an unexpected attraction for our guests for a few years but they have now been gone for a couple of years.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the yummy self cooked waffles, syrup and bacon. We went away from the waffles, but are now bringing them back due to popular demand.

Thanks again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed a couple of times here in the last couple of months.

After I checked in first time I was told to drive around the building to the back entrance in order to quickly access my room!? Actually I got a room in the rear part of the hotel, in a 2-storey building which you can enter or through the back door, or by zig-zag walking through the hotel and then the non-fenced hotel yard. During the second night of our stay my friend's registration plate was stolen from her vehicle (sic!) while parked in the back of the hotel. Also, during the day I could see the bums lurking around in search for "quick gains". (Scary!)

Second time I stayed in the tower (recommended). The room was better and felt newer. The bathroom also was better in the tower. I think that the rate was marginally higher in the tower room, but the difference is worth every cent.

The rooms were very clean on both occasions, including the bathrooms. Tower room has a better shower (glass cube) than a room in the back.

Surprisingly, the bed and the pillows were better than the rest of the room: I had a very good sleep every night, which I usually have a trouble with in a lower priced hotel rooms. (I've heard from the receptionist that the mattresses have been recently changed in the whole hotel).

We got the vouchers for the breakfast, included in price. Tried hard to eat there, but it didn't work. (The food served couldn't be cheaper: they serve omelets, but they don't have eggs! They use that yellow stuff which at the end reminds of scrambled eggs). Go elsewhere, there are a lot of places around. If you have five minutes to spare drive to downtown (I recommend Bohemia - cheap, fast and good enough for two consequent breakfasts, with excellent cigar store across the street!).

Now, for the hotel class and price range - i would give it overall 8 or 9 out of 10. However, when I compare it to the higher level hotels a cannot give it more than 6/10 (or 3/5).

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room only, and higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jadrija
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and tips about the hotel from your past couple of stays. I am really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay as much when staying in our courtyard rooms, which are very current but we do have different levels of rooms. Our property is unique in that it's a horseshoe shape with a grass courtyard in the middle. There is easy access to these rooms walking past the swimming pool but also using our North Entry. Our driveway circles the property completely so there is easy access. My apologies if there were "bums" lurking at some point - they can walk through the parking lots and carry on towards the shops. Our security certainly watches for any problems and are quick to ask them to move along if necessary.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed the Tower accommodation but based on the description of the glass cube shower, you stayed in an Executive room which are definitely more spacious than the standard tower rooms (bathrooms as well). I'm so pleased to hear that you've enjoyed your sleeps in our new bed sets as well.

My apologies for the breakfast. The Hotel is moving the breakfast back into the Atrium (off the lobby area) which is bright and spacious. We will be doing a slightly different but extensive breakfast with 2 egg options, bacon, sausages, waffles, many cold items including fruit, yogurts and hard boiled eggs. Unfortunately, we are unable to maintain the "omelet station" as the backlog on this is too long during busy days. Our new buffet should all be in place in the later part of May.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. We will hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Flying in or out of Kelowna or just hitting the malls, we always book a room here for the convenience and the ambience of the Best Western Plus. Comfortable beds and good sized rooms with a choice of being in the tower or in a courtyard wing, all fit us to a tee.

We also use our accululated points for staying here when travelling to other cities which is a nice reward for staying where we would have anyway. The dining room has a nice selection in the wine menu and offers up a good assortment of appys before dinner while also providing a location for the all inclusive breakfast.

My grandson loves the pool which is convenient and close to the jacuzzi. I would reccomend this hotel which is about 15 minutes from the airport and close to all the city venues including concerts at the Kelowna Community Theatre or Prospera Place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your great review! I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our facility many times over and apparently know a few of the room types well. We do have so many options of rooms, whether standard, deluxe, kitchen suite, wet bar suites, executive, adjoining rooms, wheelchair accessible...we have something to suit almost every need.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with our property and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Best Western Plus. The room was nice and clean, hotel was quiet and peaceful and employees very courteous and helpful. We had a ground floor room with a sliding glass door and great little patio complete with chairs. Very nice, we would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the terrific review of not only the property and amenities but also the team services. I am very pleased to hear that all aspects were excellent and I'll take great pleasure in passing this along to my team!

Thank you again and we'll look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Reviewed 27 March 2013

We have stayed at this Best Western for years now, starting back before 2000. I have to say that the rooms are big, very clean and so comfortable. The bedding is to die for and the rooms and view are so quiet. They have wonderful rooms in the tower, with decks and have a beautiful view and a jacuzzi that looks out over the city. Floor to ceiling , wall to wall windows so while relaxing in the jaccuiz you can have the curtains open and gaze out at the city lights, and in the morning look out over the city and see Lake Okanagan in the distance. The staff is so fanatistic and I don't think I have had staff that is so caring and nice any where else as the folks who work here. I can't say enough about them. I would like to add that we have also stayed in the regular rooms and they too are large and have little kitchenettes, with a fridge and coffee machines. All the rooms have ironing boards, laundry services. They have a wonderful buffet like breakfast that is included with each night stay. I can't say enough about this Best Western. I am so greatful for finding this hotel many years ago. And when I was there for medical issues and surguries we had the the disable room which was so nice. And the staff went out of my way to make me feel as comfortable as possible. Last year I lost both my mother and father and they gave us the tower room with the jacuzzi at a bearevement rate, they had put flowers in our room, gave 2 bottles of wine and room service all one their own and everyone at the desk came forth giving me hugs and asked every day if there was anything else that they could do to make me feel better. Sincere and so conciderate, they actually make you feel like you are walking into a a family members home. Try it, I know you will love it!! It is just 1st class all the way!

Room Tip: I love the tower rooms because of the views looking over the city at night and have taken some wonde...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Oh my...thank you for writing such a wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that our team is so caring and thoughtful. It has always been our goal to make our guests feel as if they're at home here; I am very pleased we were able to made a difference for you. I will enjoy sharing your review with my team!

Thank you again and we'll look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is a top notch hotel. From the road it didn't look like much but my room on the top floor was exceptional. Streaming sunlight through floor to cieling glass onto a great bed. I travel a lot for work, and rarely do I enjoy hanging out in my room after work. This was the exception...I made tea, lounged on the bed in the sun and when it got dark ventured outside to enjoy an outdoor hot tub in the snow...perfect! Felt like a vacation and not another work trip. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely review and allowing our readers to see yet another view point about our accommodation and facility. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the comfort of your room.

Thank you again and we'll hope to welcome you back again whether it be for business or pleasure!