“So so - that's all I can say.”

Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
St. Albert
“So so - that's all I can say.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for what was planned to be a two night stay in Kelowna. The staff were friendly. The lobby is drab, we got a spacious room on the second floor, thanks to the friendly desk personnel. Beds were super comfy!!
The shower sounded like someone was drilling underneath us when we turned on the water but it still worked so I guess I can't complain too much about that.
The pool area is in major need of a renovation. Cement everywhere it's not very inviting. Seems dingy..:.The water was murky in the pool too.
I'd recommend spending a little extra and going elsewhere. That said - If you're just going for the room, it's just fine! Also, the continental breakfast ends at 9:30am, we missed it - just as I brought my kids down they were closing up. Seems early to me, and this was part of the reason we booked at BW. We are headed to another hotel for our second night in Kelowna because overall we were 100% happy with our experience.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank yummiest_mommy
Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments with our readers. I understand that you were somewhat disappointed with your stay and I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, our lobby and Atrium have polished concrete flooring in keeping with our environmental practices and the area surrounding the pool continues with this theme. The pool however, was fully tiled this past January and is bright and airy with glass walls on 3 sides, in fact on wall lifts and opens to the patio outside.

During the summer only, our breakfast is running from 6:30 - 10am, 7 days per week (normally 6:30-9:30am). We did change this from 9:30am at the beginning of July due to demand. I regret that my wooden sign still reflects 9:30am on it, but staff have been advising guests at check-in and we are ensuring food is still readily available. I'm sorry that you missed this or it was just prior to us changing our times. My apologies.

Thank you again for your comments.
Rosemary Paterson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were accommodating, helpful and friendly. The room was fabulous! As the original type of room we reserved was not available when we arrived, the check-in staff immediately upgraded our room. It was an extremely hot week in Kelowna, and when we got to our room, it had been cooled beautifully. We made use of the spa at the hotel as well.

2 Thank Charlene F
Thank you very much for your terrific review. I am so pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this July....and yes, we've had some super and very hot, weather. I am happy that you found the staff to be welcoming and helpful throughout your stay.

Thanks again for sharing your comments. We'll hope to welcome you back in the near future.
edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in July and we really liked it. Our room was beautiful, we had lots of space and the staff was great. The pool was small and not very deep, but not a deal breaker. Breakfast was good. It was so hot in Kelowna while we were there that our air conditioner in the room couldn't keep up, but that wasn't the hotels fault. We would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank kmanning
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to enjoy some of our hotel amenities during our mini Okanagan heat wave!

Fort Mcmurray
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my husband and my dog. The rooms are massive, and the pet friendly rooms are fully tiled, with a patio accessible from the room with trees, grass and flowers for puppy to run around. Upon check-in, they had a gift bag for my dog with some treats and a tennis ball (my dog went NUTS when he saw it and insisted on carrying his own gift bag to the room). They provide sheets for the pets if they are sleeping on the bed. My dog never sleeps on hotel beds, but we couldn't seem to get him off the bed in the room (They were THAT comfortable). He lay sprawled out on his back, happy as can be. The breakfast buffet was full and amazing with everything you could even think of. The mineral pool and hot tubs were amazing and made my skin so soft. Everything was clean and each room even had its own doorbell! It think this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and must say that you've provided the TA readers with a terrific overview of our facility and pet friendly rooms. Thank you! We have specific pet friendly rooms in the standard, deluxe and kitchen suites room types and encourage guests to call the hotel directly to book these rooms to avoid disappointment.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. We will hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Sherwood Park, AB, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were totally satisfied with the facilities and services at this hotel. Everything was perfect! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms and halls were impecably clean, everything worked like it was supposed to, There was nothing that we would have changed. Oh, I forgot to mention -- the bed was superb. We had an excellent, restful, sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you kindly for your wonderful review! I am so pleased that you had terrific sleeps (in our comfy beds :) ) and an overall great stay! My team will be very pleased to know their efforts are being appreciated....thank you for saying so!

We hope that you're coming back to visit Kelowna in the near future and will look forward to welcoming you again!
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was treated with courtesy from all staff. Hotel gives free parking while travelling out of town. Shuttle service to nearby airport is offered at reduced rate, Free WiFi was much appreciate. The front desk was very helpful in giving detailed information about Kelowna.

Green Features: Free parking for air travellers plus reduced shuttle price.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kajbar2
Thank you very much for your very kind review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and received excellent service from our team! That is great to know and I'll be pleased to share that with my team.

Thank you again for your comments. We'll hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Rosemary
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Overall a nice hotel along Kelowna, close to all the attractions in Kelowna. The size of the rooms are generous in square footage compared to some newer hotels. This hotel appears to be best suited for families and or sports teams as they have a common court yard and breakfast area where the team players can meet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rosemary P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for your great review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel does accommodate many different market segments but they are seasonal. We have many corporate and government travelers year round, sports teams at varying times of the year, families during the summer primarily, international tours in the Spring and Fall....all which make a lovely mix of guests! Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet can get very busy during the weekends, especially when we're at peak occupancy, but that's because it is so good that everyone partakes of it! :)

Thanks again for your wonderful comments. We'll hope to welcome you back again in the future.