My boyfriend and I stayed here on the last night of a 9 day vacation from Calgary, AB to Victoria, BC and back. At the end of the trip and the end of a long day of driving, this hotel had absolute comfort and quality and the most accommodating, friendly, helpful front desk staff of any hotel I've ever visited, and there have been many. When booking our hotel online we had requested a quieter room since we would be tired after driving, and also for a comfortable bed due to my chronic back injury which was also exacerbated by driving. When we arrived, the incredibly awesome attendant at the front desk said that he had received our request and was sad to inform us that the hotel was hosting a large group of school age children and their parents who were in town for a sports event, so that they would do our best to get a quiet room. He then escorted us upstairs where he wanted to give us the choice between two rooms, to see which location suited us best for our need for peace and quiet. We felt that this was totally unnecessary but very much appreciated!! He also made sure to inform us of the scheduled outings and events for the sports group in hopes of giving us an idea when the hotel would be quietest, what time the continental breakfast area would be quietest, etc.
The rooms appeared brand new, beautifully outfitted and modern, with two queen beds. My boyfriend and I even each enjoyed stretching out in a bed after our long week of varying hotel bed quality and the drive!! The bathroom was clean, modern, well-kept and well-stocked with toiletries. I really can't say enough about how impressed we were! We also had a balcony with a great view of the Mission Hill winery.
The only aspect of this hotel which was perfect for us but might not be suitable for everyone is that it is located just off the highway in the Westbank area of Kelowna, so it is about a 10 minute drive from downtown Kelowna. We personally thought the location was perfect for visiting our relatives who live in the Westbank, but if you are new to Kelowna and interested in the downtown and the waterfront scene, you may choose something closer to there. However, let it be known that the Best Western had extremely good value for the cost, and if you have a car or rental, it should not be a problem to get downtown!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- National Environmental Award Winner! 176 Rooms & suites. Private patios or balconies, many overlooking our 1 acre garden courtyard Restaurant, Pub, Fitness Room. Indoor/Outdoor heated pool, 2 outdoor hot tubs, Wellness Spa, FREE Hot Breakfast Buffet served in the restaurant, FREE internet access in all guest rooms and in our Business Centre. Conference / Meeting Rooms. Centrally located, close to great shopping, award winning wineries and championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel Kelowna
- Best Western Hotel Kelowna
- Best Western Kelowna
- Kelowna Best Western
- Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites Okanagan Valley, Canada