“Great room & value”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Barrie, Canada
“Great room & value”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Big room with a loft comfortable only missed a microwave for that hot cup a chai

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayed here for four nights and it was an awesome deal for what we paid ($75/night). I've stayed in hundreds of motels in my life and most are plain, cold, sterile and bare-bones... The room we had here was none of those things. The walls were a warm cream color and the door to the room was kind of a french door. We were on the second floor and our room had a table and chairs outside of it. This was the smoking area, which was pretty handy for us, but might be a nuissance to others. The motor inn is about a 15 minute walk to downtown Kelowna.

The TV in our room was a nice new-ish flatscreen 32 inches (I think). I only went swimming once but the pool was nice. The ice machine is in its own little room so it doesn't make noise in the middle of the night. There was coin laundry and free internet access in the lobby, 24-7. The coffee was good (Wolfgang Puck). The staff were friendly and helpful and there are loads of free maps and brochures in the lobby. I would NOT recommend the Chinese food next door however.

All in all I LOVE this little motel and me and my partner have vowed to stay here the next time we're in town.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
ontario
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Our stay was pleasant here. Our first time to Kelowna and the staff made us feel welcome and provided us with lots of information on what to do and how to get there.
The rooms were spacious and nicely appointed. Didn't get to try the pool, but it looked nice too.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Alberta
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We came and stayed with our four kids for three nights and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was a loft with two queen beds on the lower floor and a queen bed in the loft. The room was very nice, had lots of room with a little kitchen. We used the pool every day which was very nice and clean, the kids loved it. The guest laundry was also very nice. The location is good as this motel is near downtown and the City Park. Everything with our stay was very good, the hotel staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful with everything we asked. The only bad thing I would have to say about our stay would be that the housekeeping in our room was a little questionable. It was clean, but the first day the chambermaid made the beds weird so the blankets only came up to your waste. And the second day the chambermaid did not bother to clean up the kitchen like she did the first day. We did hear our neighbors both nights, but nothing major and we never heard traffic noise.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Castlegar
Reviewed 19 August 2008

property is okay. recommend a room at the back of hotel so as not facing main road in town (busy) AND on top (2nd) floor. we stayed 2 nights recently and were awakened by the noise from the room directly above us at 3:00am BOTH nights! although we (along with our two young kids) were allowed to move to another room in the wee hours of the morning, the manager we discussed this with somehow made us feel it was our fault this had happened in the first place. You see the first evening when it happened I didn't bother to call the front desk to complain since I didn't want to be a bother plus the noise stopped after about 30 minutes (if it had gone on longer I would have called though). The next night it happened again and this time after about 15 minutes we called to complain. 30 minutes later still was noisy and we'd had enough so I went down to the front desk to ask in person to be moved. Anyways, rather than just apologizing for our inconvenience, the manager told me that we should have called the first night because likely the noisy guests didn't think they were being noisy since we didn't complain that first night. While that may be somewhat true, the manner and tone in which I was treated left me wondering how some people get ahead in a service related business. Anyhow, this hotel is okay overall but hopefully if you stay there you don't have any issues you need addressed by the particular manager I had to deal with...

• Liked — location and pool/hot tub
  • Disliked — indifferent/difficult day manager I attempted to discuss our problems with during checkout
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank RogerCarlson
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Booked two nights here after a web search. We were given a loft room which had the bedroom in the upper level with bathroom and seating area below. A nice touch that you don't often see in motels. The pool, hot tub and steam room were also welcome after a long journey. The room was clean and reasonably equipped and there was free wireless internet access in the room.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2008

This place was nice, up to date furnishings, clean and quite comfortable. The location is relatively close to downtown. The staff is very helpful and the internet terminal in the lobby is a nice touch. My only complaint is that the $130 I paid for a 1 Queen bed room was a bit excessive for a motel.

• Liked — It was quite confortable, the AC was running before I got to the room
  • Disliked — The price. I paid more than the average, I think it was raised for the long weekend.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo