“Lovely Staff And Facilities.”

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Windsor, Canada
“Lovely Staff And Facilities.”
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I found my greatest help was the 'Maintenance Man Brad' He was very friendly and polite. His knowledge of the local area was a great help to me. Actually, I'd have to add that everyone was so polite and there to answer my questions on what would be the hot stop on Saturday night and such. Rooms were nice and clean and all in all I had a comfortable and relaxing stay. Thank-You Everyone that helped me find where things were and if I were to return would love to stay here again. Sincerely: Windsorite Ont.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I am a regular traveller and find this location consistent and accomodating. The service has always been excellent, the reception staff have always been friendly, professional and enthusiastic. I find the facilities well maintained, clean, and comfortable.
I always look forward to coming back here because there are few surprises - the service is always great - the little welcoming gestures are very appreciated after being on the road and they always deliver. I've found over the years after visiting other locations the staff at other hotels don't really want to know you, and with all the cut backs they don't want to give you any perks if they can help it. But that's not the case here. They have maintained all the little services and perks which I have come to appreciate from the beginning - like express check-ins/ outs, daily complete room maintainance and restoration of supplies, and arrival acknowledgements are all reasons I will continue to be a patron of this well known Kelowna establishment.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2011

We've never before stayed in Kelowna, but were attending/pouring at a recent Wine event. Our rooms were large and very clean, with well maintained and comfortable bedding & furniture (the exception was the cling-to-you thin fabric shower curtain which drove me mad).

Our Event rooms were spacious, attractive and well-supplied. The food at the Consumer event (catered by the hotel) was outstanding - unexpectedly sophisticated for this type of event (beef tartare, salmon mousse 'lollipops') - as was the quick meal we grabbed between events in the intimate Vintage dining room.

All the service we encountered was good to very good, with the exception of the rude and unwelcoming person at the check-in desk when we arrived at 9:40 pm. We had just endured a horrible drive on the Coquihalla in late evening darkness, snow, dense fog, icy road surfaces and maniac big-rig drivers, and were seriously looking forward to a quick check-in and room comfort. The person at the front desk (her name tag read 'Sandy') was unwelcoming and full of complaints about her late evening stint. An example of her general attitude: When she handed me, whithout explanation, a parking tag along with my room keycard envelope, I asked if I should go out and put it on my car dash immediately. She looked at me disdainfully and asked, "What do you think?"

I would recommend this hotel, especially for the great food, excellent in-town location and comfortable rooms, but I sincerely hope I never encounter Sandy-type "service' again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Betty08Vancouver_BC
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Room was lovely as I had a suite and it didn’t cost any extra! I stayed in the tower section which feels spacious as there are less occupants on each floor. Balcony overlooking the outdoor pool which might be noisy when it is warmer – January not so much use! Excellent staff – they are always very accommodating and helpful. Room service was good although I would prefer a larger menu selection – again great staff. I would say the thing that makes me continue to use Coast Hotels is the client service focus which is consistent in all the locations I visit.

They also provide shuttle service which is great if you do not rent a car - I never do as they drop me off for my meeting in the mornings.

My only complaint would be the temperature – there is either heating or cooling and in January they really heat the place up. The fan was pushing heat so I could not adjust down as much as I would like. I believe non tower rooms have better heat control.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Hotel is average run of the mill. Nothing special. All around dated in its decor. Room was quiet and comfortable, but had some cleanliness issues (i.e. coffee maker dirty, stain on the bedding). Vintage Room restaurant was just that ...vintage. Menu looked promising, but was just as tired and boring as the surroundings. Actually heard someone yelling at the wait staff in the back. Had a better dining experience in the front bar/restaurant. Will definitely stay at another hotel in the future. For that reason, would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DJM70
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Due to renovations being done to where we live, we needed to go to a local hotel over the holidays. The many large &
beautifully decorated Christmas trees in the lobby and elsewhere, as well as the friendly front desk staff, set the tone for an enjoyable stay. Very quiet at night, and the balcony off the room overlooked the pool & courtyard. Friendly staff with quick room service. The best French toast & sausages ever -with real maple syrup. Excellent restaurant (Vintage)- delicious Angus steak sandwich, salmon etc. A white haired gentlemen who serves the meals makes you feel like royalty. Daily Globe & Mail at the door each morning. Very comfy queen size bed with white cotton bed linen & no pre-used bedspread. They are willing to help you with Internet access. Housekeepers respect the door-knob sign so you chose when they will clean. The room had a useful small fridge, desk, arm chair, & recycle bucket. Lots of towels & toiletries (hairdryer etc.) & a long terry-cotton bathrobe. Short walk to the Capri Mall to shop at Winners (discounted name brand clothing & sundries).

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rnwdixon
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2010

The building and many of the amenities are old and tired (i.e. hot tub) yet the convenient location combined with the great people working there overcome the place's shortcomings. Gym is small but well equipped for a hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business