“Big improvments to rooms and customer service”

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Revelstoke, Canada
“Big improvments to rooms and customer service”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been avoiding this hotel over the past few years because of previous bad experiences.

I am pleased to advise they have dramatically improved not only their rooms, but also their customer service.

Rooms are tastefully redecorated. They preserved original assets such as tiles and counter tops.

Free breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Stayed in 4th floor overlooking pool. Very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RevyAdventure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

A girlfriend and I flew into Kelowna Saturday morning to do a wine tour, then stay the night and fly out early. We decided on the Capri as it seemed to meet our requirements. Balcony and bar.
Yes, we are easy to please type girls! :)

So after checking in we went to the room, small, but very clean, balcony was small but worked, view was okay if you looked straight ahead and ignored the parking lot below. But once again, I just needed a place for a drink and a smoke, wasn't looking for a CIBC Calendar moment from the balcony.

We went and had lunch in the bar, and regretted not bringing our swim suits as the pool looked lovely. Lunch was excellent. We were seated by the fire place and the food was amazing. We got cleaned up and did our wine tour (Went with OKwinetours - with dinner and Quail's Nest - tour: excellent - dinner: meh...)

We came back, crashed and left at 5:00 AM for the airport. A very short, but nice stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Polo789
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

A year or so back this property suffered a fire. Rather than rush through sloppy renovations they decided to take their time and do things right. Last night I pleasure of staying in one of their newly renovated rooms. It was a delight, they did a wonderful job on the renovations the decorating is fantastic.
I do a lot of traveling in the transportation business and stay at a number of hotels. This hotel by far has the most pleasant staff to deal with. I should add that the morning buffet is very very good.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RNPapp
Pearl City
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I checked trip advisors before booking this hotel. Went with the recommendations and made my booking. Very nice hotel for business. The hotel provides airport shuttle service to and from the hotel. By doing so, you save $25 to $35 for taxi/shuttle. Great staff at the front desk. i arrived quite early and didnt expect my room to be ready. The front desk staff surprised me with a "Mr. Dailey your room is ready". And that was without hesitation. That's always nice to hear after a long red eye flight with no sleep..

The housekeeping staff did an excellent job. The person cleaning my room would not accept my tip and said it was part of her job.. Wow.. Talk about pride in work and dedication. The rooms are very comfortable. My only displeasure with the room was the size. For 2 night stay, it wasn't a problem. The desk chair is quite big. You end up bumping into the bed.

Breakfast was included with my room. You can't complain when the food is included... The restaurant was awesome.. You have to try their prime rib burger. The sauce is unbelievable. They do an incredible spaghetti and meatballs too...

Take my word for it.. This is a very nice hotel with staff that take pride in what they do. The location is good. If you're in Kelowna, try out the Coast Capri Hotel...

Aloha...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here recently for business and had a very pleasant experience. My colleague researched and booked the hotel, so I really had no idea what to expect.

The rooms were very large, well appointed, and recently renovated. I especially liked the large bottles of shampoo, lotion, etc in the washroom - really helps reduce waste. Another perk, the towels were HUGE and soft, nothing skimpy like some hotels I've been to. My only complaint - the view (as it's on the main strip) is really nothing to write home about. However, this in mind, it is very conveiniant & close to everything.

Staffing was great, and with breakfast & parking included, the rate was also decent. The breakfast staff were very cheerful and helpful - a very nice thing when tired from travel/work.

I would definately stay/recommend this hotel for others to use.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SCF2010
Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed a the Coast Capri for several nights recently while in Kelowna on business. My company booked the room, and upon reading some of the reviews prior to arrival, I wasn't completely looking forward to it. I was very pleasantly surprised. Staff were without exception friendly and helpful. We were put in the newly-renovated rooms, which were very pleasant - spotless, nice little fridge/coffee setup, excellent wireless, big room, good desk with lots of electrical outlets, decent view. The hotel was very quiet at night. The breakfast was quite good, and we had an excellent dinner at the Vintage Room. I also had a very solid meal at the Poolside Grill. The pool area is actually very nice and I was wishing I had brought my suit. True enough, the hotel is in a mall (which is situated amongst other strip malls sprawled along the highway), but I can certainly recommend it if you're in the area on business (particularly the renovated rooms).

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Fort Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel was acceptable. Confusing to get in and out of, but that was minor. Room was fair, clean, older and could have some work done. Very small room, a back in back out room. Overall was ok, not sure I would stay again, if did would ask for a larger room for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple