“Toastmaster Spring Convention 2014”

Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wow - excellent job, especially considering there were two conferences/conventions being held on the same weekend. Every detail was taken care of with meticulous care. Meeting rooms were completely set up, the meals were delicious and the décor, professional yet warmly inviting. Good job, folks!

Room Tip: Not applicable - didn't have a room there
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Coast Capri last week when we were there for a convention, we found every aspect of the hotel to our liking...I feel I need to say that because i am in the hotel and tourism industry in my city and when I see how this place is operated I know what we need to do better, the rooms were well appointed comfy and clean, the front staff was super friendly and efficient and the housekeeping was very professional. The pool was clean and the gym was well equipped we didn't eat in the restraint but the menu looked amazing we just had other plans...well Done!

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was welcomed by Dale, who was super helpful. It had been a long day & I felt like I had come home.
The hotel is central so I went out for a walk to the lake. I checked out the fitness room, too.
My room was updated, super clean, comfy bed & easy access to wireless internet. My whole experience as top notch. Check in was fast. Checkout was a choice of express or front desk, so I made it outside in record time. Sweet young man even offered to carry my luggage out & load it for me! How nice!

Room Tip: choose a lake view room in the tower. GREAT VIEW to wake up too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked with Expedia... and requested a "dog" room, and in the end didn't bring the dog, so they asked if we'd change to a one bedroom room. It felt cramped for two, so I requested switching back to the "dog" room as it had two beds. The girl said the hotel was full so I felt lucky we got the "dog" room. The "dog" room was all carpet and it opened up to a concrete patio (no grass?) with a view of the wall of the restaurant about ten feet away.. and the noise of the restaurant, which we drowned out by watching a movie so around 11-11:30 the movie was over, and the restaurant was quiet, so it was lights out!
Next door, guys were arriving back to the room making lots of noise, carrying on laughing and being crude and we had to listen to them it sounded like they were in our room. It continued getting louder and more vulgar... obviously they had drank too much. Called the front desk, two times, and they called security, two times, but the noise continued. Staff offered us another room so sometime between 2:30-3:00 a.m. we accepted the staffs offer of go to another room. The staff were apologetic, and there were 4 security guys trying to help out! So we left our belongings in the room, and headed into a tower room which was quiet and we both woke up around 7:30...to the sound of traffic. Probably good for the city, but we are spoiled with peaceful quiet where we live.
So...we weren't charged for our sleep in the tower room....Which was nice, thank you. :-)
But we were charged for our "doggy" room because we booked through Expedia. Nothing the hotel can do about that.....Heads up to folks...I had no idea....the girl at the desk said she'd get her manager to contact us so I am confidant we will be looked after fairly.
Breakfast was included. I feel that the staff did the best they could do in a lousy situation...so in all fairness I hope to go back there one day, and give them a much higher rating!

Room Tip: Ask if there are any conventions going on and if so, use caution! Hockey players like to party...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Spent the Easter long weekend in Kelowna and stayed with The Coast Capri. It was a great choice. Coasts are always nice but this is one of the nicest, with a great pool side eatery serving light appies and drinks alike.

I had to extend my stay from 2 to 3 nights just a day before I arrived and Rick at the Desk was very accommodating. At check in Rick was again there and recalled our interaction immediately making me feel valued as a customer.

I would definitely stay here again when in Kelowna

Room Tip: Appear as if 1st floor rooms ending in even numbers are along the pool area so if you're interes...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BCPedalPusher
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel in middle of renovation (stay in tower for newer rooms) but overall good value, decent rooms if a bit small. Service very helpful and pleasant. Good breakfast included in room rate. Nice pool. Centrally located on main drag. Rooms were about $110 when I visited.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I frequently visit Kelowna for business and have stayed at the Capri multiple times. Form the front desk to the restaurant I always find the the service to be personable (they use your name) and friendly.

The breakfast buffet is definitely a must to try. This particular trip we visited the bar and were served by a great bartender named Charles who made great local one suggestions.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Kelowna area as it's close by to many different places to shop and a short trip downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business