“Great experience!”

Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Oliver, Canada
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed here the night before I was to catch my 6 am flight. The young woman who checked me in was friendly as well as efficient.I got to the airport next morning at 4 am to be told the kennel my dog was going to travel in, was not up to Alaskair's regulations.It was the same kennel my dog had traveled in when we last traveled on their airline.Back to the Days Inn I had to go.The night clerk was good and gave me back my same room without any problems. In the later morning when I was going to find a new kennel for my dog,the young lady working the desk was awesome. I was stressed and upset. She told me to bring my dog up to reception and she would look after her there instead of locking my dog in her kennel.When I got back and told her I would like to donate the kennel I had to leave behind to the local RSPCA she said they would keep it there until it could be picked up or one of their staff would take it to them. Apparently they donate all their recyclables to the RSPCA and a staff member drops it off to them.It all fell into place and took the stress from me. Days Inn in Kelowna allows your dog and asks only a $10 fee to have them stay.My room was clean and comfortable. I would recommend staying with them.
THANK YOU DAYS INN,KELOWNA ,BC. JA White

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here the night before an early flight, was upgraded to a suite and impressed. Clean rooms and good coffee. Would have loved to have some Pay-Per-View but the tv was good. The bed was comfy as was the couch for a good nap!
Would have liked to know that there wasnt an attached restaurant but was happy with the overall experience!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

What a relief, after our stay at the super 8 in Kamloops this hotel was heaven sent! We booked before 6 so it was only $72 a night! And when we realized we had to stay another night we immediately booked again with them.
The room was clean and beautiful, the bedding was soft and smelt fresh, lots off pillows made it the best sleep since we started our vacation a week prior...
Ya the TV was an old 27 inch console but it worked great! It came with refrigerator and microwave which enabled us to store our groceries and beverages.
The sink was outside the bathroom which meant i could get ready while hubby had a shower, the bathroom was a little small but it's not like we asked for the honeymoon sweet.
Since we are smokers and alot of the hotels in Kelowna are smoke free they gave us a room with outdoor access to allow us easy access to go have a smoke and our vehicle was right outside our door...
Don't get me started on the reception, one word Amazing!!! Kind and respectful, dressed appropriately they provided me with free toothpaste... since i had forgotten some... oops
Only downside i guess was the continental breakfast, it was minuscule and smelt like burnt toast but considering the price we were able to purchase Timmy's with our savings!
For any worried about noise levels, great news it was quiet! No disturbances from other guests, no sounds from the traffic just peace and quiet...
I highly recommend this hotel for reasonable rates and service!

• Stayed December 2012
KelownaOperator, Front Desk at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are very glad that you chose to stay with us at the Days Inn Kelowna and that your expectations were met! As a Days Inn property we provide complimentry toiletries for most if not all of your needs. We also pride ourselves on our friendly service and clean, comfortable rooms and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for chosing us. We look foward to seeing you in the future.
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2012

They say the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and in this case it was true!
I had actually pulled into the parking lot of another motel right next door to get a room for the night but judging from the outside of the other place lets just say I had a real uneasy feeling about it. So that's when I noticed Days Inn and walked over to see if they had a room...they did and I moved my car into their parking lot...what a relief! The gentleman behind the desk was very professional and helpful...in fact he was one of the best front line representatives of any hotel I stayed at on my 7 week road trip across Canada & the U.S. My room was clean, comfortable, and next morning the breakfast got me going back on my adventure. One thing I did find strange and it has nothing to do with the hotel is the fact that you have to turn right exiting the lot but the Boston Pizza I wanted to go to that night was left of the hotel so I had no choice but to go right and go a long way out of my way to get to it for supper. I hate one way streets that go in the opposite direction I want to go!!! What they should do is build another Boston Pizza next door to Days Inn after bulldozing the other motel into the ground...problem solved!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike H
KelownaOperator, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kelowna, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are very glad that you chose to stay with us at the Days Inn Kelowna and that your expectations were met! We pride ourselves on our friendly service and clean, comfortable rooms and I am happy that enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for chosing us and we look foward to seeing you again soon.