“Surprisingly pleased as opposed to the exterior impression.”
Review of Days Inn Kelowna

Days Inn Kelowna
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
“Surprisingly pleased as opposed to the exterior impression.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to stay for one night in a 32 hr marathon trip to Kelowna and back (to Edmonton). After checking the usual websites for a deal I ended up booking directly when the price was the same.

Check in was a breeze. There were a number of teenagers floating around and I was told there were a bunch of "teams" booked in. I jokingly asked if we would be upgraded for the inconvenience. The clerk asked if I would take an Executive Suite which only had a pullout for my co-pilot. She explained this would actually help a lot for how busy they were. I accepted based on the name alone plus I wasn't the one on the pullout.

The room was nothing fancy right off the elevator but was very clean. It had a small living area and a bedroom divided by a wall. The usual bathroom but with an extra door to make it an ensuite for the king (me).

I was able to check out the outdoor pool and hot tub but didn't use it due to the rain. Not very big and there were a number of things (leaves?) swirling around in the hot tub. The area around the pools was clean so the weather may have been a factor.

The front desk girl was very friendly and once checked in provided us with a few places to get some food and a number of drinks. She sent us to exactly the type of place we asked for. That being, good food and atmosphere that wasn't sketchy. It turned out to be about a $25 cab ride to the waterfront.

After returning to the room for a very comfortable sleep I was back on the road. My friend stated the pullout was "actually not that bad." Check out was a breeze with only one person ahead of me. The tub was slow to drain and when I advised the desk she made a note immediately for maintenance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Steve M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Grand Forks, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a very nice place for the money spent. The room was clean & quiet, the bed was great although the pillows are pretty firm. They have the best continental breakfast I have had in ages, with lots of goodies to choose from! It's close to Costco & many other stores and it's a direct shot to downtown in only a few minutes. The staff at the front desk are friendly & very helpful. I WILL stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are super quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
flyswa58
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The hotel was close to everything and was a very good price. I would stay there again. The hotel had a breakfast but I had to leave by 6am and didn't get to try it. The room was clean and the price was a good deal.

• Stayed April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed overnight with our two dogs. Room was small but clean and the bedding was fresh and comfortable. Didn't get a chance to try the continental breakfast, unfortunately. We would totally stay here again. The location was convenient to many restaurants and stores.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple