I needed a place to stay for one night in a 32 hr marathon trip to Kelowna and back (to Edmonton). After checking the usual websites for a deal I ended up booking directly when the price was the same.
Check in was a breeze. There were a number of teenagers floating around and I was told there were a bunch of "teams" booked in. I jokingly asked if we would be upgraded for the inconvenience. The clerk asked if I would take an Executive Suite which only had a pullout for my co-pilot. She explained this would actually help a lot for how busy they were. I accepted based on the name alone plus I wasn't the one on the pullout.
The room was nothing fancy right off the elevator but was very clean. It had a small living area and a bedroom divided by a wall. The usual bathroom but with an extra door to make it an ensuite for the king (me).
I was able to check out the outdoor pool and hot tub but didn't use it due to the rain. Not very big and there were a number of things (leaves?) swirling around in the hot tub. The area around the pools was clean so the weather may have been a factor.
The front desk girl was very friendly and once checked in provided us with a few places to get some food and a number of drinks. She sent us to exactly the type of place we asked for. That being, good food and atmosphere that wasn't sketchy. It turned out to be about a $25 cab ride to the waterfront.
After returning to the room for a very comfortable sleep I was back on the road. My friend stated the pullout was "actually not that bad." Check out was a breeze with only one person ahead of me. The tub was slow to drain and when I advised the desk she made a note immediately for maintenance. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are in Kelowna for business or pleasure, Days Inn Kelowna welsomces you. We are located just minutes from Kelowna International Airport and popular local attractions. Explore the city or enjoy outdoor activities such as skiing, golfing, swimming or even a winery tour. You’ll start your day off right with our free Daybreak Café breakfast full of tasty choices. After a long day of travelling or play, refresh yourself in our heated outdoor pool, or relax and unwind in our outdoor heated whirlpool. Days Inn Kelowna is your one stop destination for everything the Okanagan Valley has to offer. You will appreciate our friendly service, relaxing atmosphere and our clean, comfortable guest rooms. Our knowledgeable staff can help you plan any number of excursions to make your stay a memorable one. Days Inn Kelowna is the Best Value under the Valley Sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Kelowna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Kelowna Hotel Kelowna
- Kelowna Days Inn
- Days Inn Kelowna Okanagan Valley, Canada