“Decent for the money”

Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Calgary, Canada
“Decent for the money”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We booked three nights last minute through Booking.com for around $100. per night in August and were pleasantly surprised. The property is very dated but staff are friendly, rooms are clean and the grounds well maintained. The best part by far are the comfortable beds (we had two queens) that rival any Hilton. The worst part were the ants around our picnic table outside our patio door. Also, we brought our dog and there was no real place for dog walks near this property. All in all, this property is good value for the money we paid. We would return should we find ourselves in need of last minute accomodations in Kelowna.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is actually not a bad hotel, its just really dated. The grounds and pool are immaculate. The staff are extra friendly and helpful but the rooms and equipment are very dated. I was traveling alone and stayed for 2 nights. This is not an ideal place for the solo traveler, i had a few security concerns, however they seem to be well equipped for larger groups. With a great pool, large outdoor space, and all the amenities for a great party.

Room Tip: Avoid the back parking area. Ask for a room that looks out onto the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband booked us in here for 2 nights. We had a suite with a bedroom seperate from the living amd kitchen area. I have to say that for the money we spent we were less than impressed. Our bill for 2 nights with taxes was over $500. Now i do not mind paying this kind of money but for the price i was expecting a clean well kept room. It was neither. From the moment we walked in we were horrified at the price for what we were getting.

The room smelled like wet dog. I understand that people travel with their pets but why not just choose a couple of rooms strictly for that purpose. Not everyone likes the smell of dogs. There was white dog hair embedded in the carpets, chairs, and sofa. This is a big problem for me i dont like pet hair. It is just as gross as finding human hair everywhere. There were food crumbs in the seams on the chair. The screen on the door was coming apart, free to let the bugs in. There were stains on the carpets. The grout in the tile looked like it hadnt been cleaned properly in a very long time. The microwave was so small that i couldnt even pop popcorn for my kids. And it was hung underneath the cupboard very poorly with i dpnt even know what. The tv was old, very old. It had a terrible cable cord that badly needed to be replaced and not very many channels unless they werent programmed in. And no sort of guide to know what channel is what. And i was shocked there was only one and not another in the bedroom area. All in all i was very unhappy here. It made me want to cancel our vacation and go home. But because you have to cancel 24 hrs before you want to check out we were stuck being miserable and over paying for an unclean rundown room.

The grounds looked very clean and well kept. But unfortunately we didnt go to kelowna to use a hotel pool and barbeque. My advice to management would be to reserve pet rooms strictly for pets. I dont have pets for a reason. I dont like dog hair or cat hair all over everything and all over my clothing. And it is really just as bad as not telling someone they are getting a smoking room. People have allergies to pets as well and some ppl like myself just find pet hair unclean and disgusting. And please get your housekeeping staff proper vacuums with powerheads I noticed there are none on their vacuums and this would definately be beneficial in removing pet hair. I dont know if the housekeepers are given too many rooms each day or what the problems is there but either way it falls on management.

I honestly do not find this to be good value. We travel alot and rent suites when we travel with our children and for the price i was not impressed at all and i left very glad to never have to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
GM_okseasons, General Manager at Okanagan Seasons Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your honest review. These reviews are a valuable tool in our efforts to continually improve our guest's satisfation.
You are absolutely correct in your comments & I apologize for your poor experience. We do accept small dogs in some of our rooms & there is an increasing demand for pet friendly hotels. Yes, we are an older, unique property, but we are continually updating our facilities. We are replacing all carpet with laminate flooring, but due to some supply & labor problems only about half of our rooms were renovated this past winter season. The rest are on schedule to be done before the summer season of 2014. Having said that, there is no excuse for poor housekeeping service. We do provide portable vacuums with special hair removal attachments & also "Stichy" rollers which are effective for this task. Every room is to be inspected after cleaning by our housekeeping supervisor. Obviously, for whatever reason, this was not done in this case. I do wish that you had brought this to our attention upon check-in so that we could have provided a different room that met with your approval. As you can see from our reviews this is an isolated circumstance & I will certainly be meeting with my staff to ensure it does not happen again.
Please accept my most sincere apologies.
Glen.

Travellers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Bicester oxfordshire U.K.
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I arrived here having manfully at my age tried to link my mobile phone to the internet. Not only did the girl in reception book me in with a dazzling smile she took the phone from me linked me in, then showed me patiently how to do it in future then directed me to where I would get a good meal. All part of the service there is seems. A shame they were full for the next night at the price I had paid otherwise I would have stayed here for a couple of nights. The room was spotless. The breakfast was basic but once again cleanliness was obvious. I recommend this place

Room Tip: The rooms are situated round a central area with outside tables and chairs. I avoided these only bec...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Merewoodman
Vancouver
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We booked several rooms for a tournament after a recommendation from a friend and all of the families were very impressed with the property and price once they got there. Although it appears dated you can tell that alot of care is taken to maintain the pool, grounds and rooms. Rooms felt very clean and we really enjoyed the open space and bbq area. The staff were all friendly and the night security did a good job of making sure people respected the other guests. Location is off the highway but we could not hear it from our room. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the courtyard seem quieter but the rooms facing the pool are great for families wit...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RaeVancouver
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel was wonderful. As others have stated not a modern hotel. Its an oasis on the corner of Hwy 97 and Hwy 33. We stayed here for a soccer tournament and the boys and us adults had a great time. Its straight out of 70's but has all the amenities and more, a large grassy area, barbecues, fenced in outdoor swimming pool, workout room, indoor pool, volleyball area, badminton, basketball hoop, putting green and excellent grassy areas to play bocci on. The staff is friendly and courteous and very helpful. We will all be coming back next year, because its the type of motel that brings people and families together. GREAT PLACE AND GREAT STAY!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tab41
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This hotel is awesome. Very clean in and out!! They have everything u need,Gym, Indoor pool,Hot tub and more. Close to all stores. And the staff is really friendly and Its also was a cheaper rate then the other hotels I recommend it highly to everyone who needs a place to stay I will be staying here anytime I'm in town and the are pet friendly as well they charge $10 where the others charge $20 for your pet which is ridiculous

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business