“Good hotel but parking sucks” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Royal Anne Hotel

The Royal Anne Hotel
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Calgary, Canada
“Good hotel but parking sucks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I don't really know how to rate this hotel.. Poor on certain points, very good on other ones... that's why I rated "average".
Very good points: Hotel super clean, newly renovated, location is 2 blocks from the marina, right on one of the main streets with pubs and stores.

Average points: The "continental" breakfast was a little bit cheap. Bagels were hard as rocks, one morning their muffins were dry but the next morning they were fresher. Variety is so so. There is a terrace/patio area with nice little tables, we tried to find a way to get to this area to finally found out that it's only for the guests on the 2nd floor (?!?). The balconies (if we can call that a balcony) on every rooms are what I can call VERY small. I even thought it was just a decoration at first, like a "looks like the room as a balcony from the outside but it doesn't" but we found out that there is actually a patio door so we figured that we can stand on it (by the way, you have to be very small to fit on it) Also, I booked our hotel many weeks in advance and I reserved through the phone. The guy gave me the price over the phone and a reference number. I chose to pay when I show up at the hotel. Well, I should've paid when I reserved because the price he gave me was cheaper that what I've been charged at the end of my 3 nights. The lady at the front desk said it's because of the weekend rate (?!?) I guess the guy knew it was a weekend when he quoted me... But I had nothing, no email to prove the price I've been given.

Bad points: Parking is a total joke. There is a underground parking, fine, but we have a big truck. So for those who can't park on the undergroun parking, you have this little place behind the pub in the alley where everybody parks like a jerk. It was a mess to park and a stress to leave your truck parks in a back alley where people park like if they were all drunk. When we arrived the first day I told the guy at the front desk that the parking was full, he said to park on the street (where we have to pay to park) until it emptys out. Wow!! Maybe they should get a bigger parking then.

If I would go back? Probably. I have to say that their room were super super clean and the location is more than perfect for the price. That's the most important thing to me so I would say yes I would go back.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Marie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Perfect downtown location. Good parking in the basement, less convenient on the on-street plot, but both free. Large clean and well equipped room, good wifi and breakfast included. The management are very upfront about street noise, the first thing you see in the elevator is a note warning about the rooms on the Bernard St frontage. The warning is well placed, on a hot Friday night in July the downtown entertainment spots directly around and opposite the hotel were raucous until 3.00 am.
So, fair enough, ask for a back room if it's going to be a problem, or better still just join in!

Room Tip: Avoid Bernard St frontage unless you can accept late night/early morning noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teflonted
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel, paid almost $200.00 for the room. The room was nice, but at night time there was such a noisy air conditioner across the alley that it sounded like a drill all night. The air conditioners in the room also so noisey had to shut it off. The continential breakfast was not good. Parking is terrible, staff at not very nice it seems they are over worked. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pauline E
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed 2 midweek nights here recently having originally booked for one. We found the hotel clean, comfortable ,great location,decent breakfast, free parking and wifi so we decided on an extra night to see more of Kewlowna and area.The evening receptionist was particularily obliging and gave us good advice on restaurants etc.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hikerire
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Not the prettiest building in town but clean and comfortable. Large rooms. Friendly service. Free parking in the basement. Really good wi-fi (even from the bar across the road).

Buffet breakfast was ok but no hot food.

Only downside was the noisy air-con but luckily it was not too warm so we could switch it off at night.

Room Tip: Get one on a higher floor away from the air-con generator at the back
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DaveCardiff_UK
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Very nice hotel with polite staff. Rooms have been updated with 42" LCD tv's, and bathrooms are nicely finished.

My room faced Bernard St which is a main pedestrian shopping strip. I found it very enjoyable to people watch from balcony.

Just a couple blocks from the lake, and surrounded by restaurants.

Street noise may be a concern for some travelers due to proximity to the Kelowna strip, but not a Robles for me.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Mojo-Mohambo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Spent a lovely long weekend here with my girlfriends to celebrate my 30th birthday. We were upgraded to a spacious King suite on the top floor, where we had two balconies to admire gorgeous views of the water and mountains. The suite was pristine, the included breakfast was substantial, and all staff members were consistently friendly, informative, and professional. The best part was the central location in downtown Kelowna, allowing us to walk to several highly reviewed cafes, restaurants, and the picturesque seawall. Best value for reasonable prices - I plan to stay here every time I come back to visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends