Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Karen

A nice central location hotel and great staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Apr 2020via mobile
The royal Anne, were kind enough to allow us to stay during a very difficult time. We had to leave our accomodation on Big White and luck for us The Royal Anne was still allowing guests ,The staff were very friendly and kind. I wasn’t expecting to stay in Kelowna but would recommend this hotel. Central to the lake and hockey arena and very affordable just perfect for short stay Continental Breakfast included in price was a great bonus. Thank you we really appreciated your kindness
Date of stay: April 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 13 Apr 2020
Dear Pankkaren,

Sometimes it's the things we don't plan for, when travelling, that lead us to unexpected & very pleasant discoveries!

As a former travel agent, I thoroughly believe that adding a few days to explore the heart of downtown Kelowna, either before or after a Big White ski vacation, actually gives visitors a more rounded, fuller 'taste' of our beautiful destination. Discovering the incredible winter wonderland on the mountain, in addition
to experiencing the scenic beauty & heartbeat of our city core, is simply the best combination of both worlds.

Although you were forced to leave Big White early, we're so happy for the opportunity to accommodate you & couldn't be more pleased that you sincerely enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your gracious review.

Christa Park
  • Priceline
    £514
0.4 miles from The Royal Anne Hotel
View more hotels in Kelowna
All reviews heart of downtown continental breakfast hard boiled eggs bernard ave perfect location two blocks street noise an older hotel within walking distance city park bit dated yogurt mini fridge stayed one night definitely stay here again waterfront vehicle
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2020 via mobile

Location, location, location...when staying at the Royal Anne downtown Kelowna its easy to see why its one of the most popular hotels to stay at when visiting Kelowna. The location of this smaller hotel is nestled right in the heart of downtown and offers a wide variety of shopping, dining & sight seeing experiences only steps away from the hotels front door.

The Rooms were “older” as to be expected. Fairly clean, comfortable beds, refrigerators in the rooms, etc. We stayed on the 2nd floor facing south (Bernard St.) which to our surprise offered a nice community patio for only the 2nd floor guests. The community patio was a perfect place to spend your morning relaxing with a coffee or your evenings with a drink. The patio had comfortable furniture and umbrellas to beat the +34 heat...definitely a recommended feature to get if you are planning to stay at the Royal Anne is to get a 2nd floor room...sometimes higher isn’t always better. The free till 10am breakfast was decent and offered toast, bagels, boiled eggs, cereal & some fruit...but I would’ve expected more BC fruit like cherries or peaches.

Parking is a little dicey if you’re renting a car, they do have free underground parking but its quite small and limited. However behind the hotel there is more stalls for “overflow” that are accessible and free providing you have a parking pass with the hotel. After a week of staying at the Royal Anne we only once didn’t get parking in the underground lot.

The Staff I would say were average, normally when you’re paying the daily amount you are to paying to stay at a “prestige” hotel location like the Royal Anne I would expect a friendlier staff, walking in, leaving etc. the hotel or asking for advice on dinner locations etc. I would say the staff would be just as good if they were non-existent because that’s the way the front desk came across like it was disservice to offer hospitality in the smallest form to their guests. However, the cleaning staff were excellent, incredibly friendly and inviting. I would say the cleaning staff should train the front desk staff on guest hospitality.

Over all, a little on the pricey side and a little outdated...the Royal Anne is about the location, not the beauty of the hotel. It was still worth while staying at the hotel for its location because after all...you don’t visit Kelowna to stay inside.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank okanaganspirit
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2020

Dear Guest,

As we are often commended for how amazing & friendly our service is....from our Front Desk Agents to our wonderful Housekeeping Team, I'm absolutely shocked to read your email today. I seriously can't begin to imagine how any guest of ours, could stay an entire week & leave, not raving about our friendly service, in ALL departments. It just doesn't happen!!
Oh my goodness!!! We're foodies here....in a BIG way!!! We LOVE giving guests suggestions on where to go for dinner & can't wait for them to give us the 'thumbs up' sign, when they come back from trying out somewhere we recommended.

If you happened to stay with us, when our 2nd floor patio was open....and the weather was 35+ degrees, you would have definitely stayed during peak season, which would explain 'pricier' rates. (I don't think anyone comes to the Okanagan in the summer time, expecting rates to be low.) I can assure you however that our rates would be in line with competitive hotels, fairly priced & I would even go so far as to say, less than many hotels in the city.

We are an older, well established hotel.....with a killer location and a historic, classic charm.
We're not a brand new property, but our rooms are lovely, current & comfortable. We've spent a good deal of money updating the entire hotel in recent years & guests for the most part, absolutely love their stay with us.

I'm really am very sorry, you were disappointed with your guest experience. As your experience is so opposite our usual guest experience, I sincerely hope we have opportunity to welcome you back someday.
Until then.... safe travels & stay well.

Reviewed 23 December 2019

I have stayed here a couple times, the latest about a week ago after having an eye surgery. Needless to say after the eye surgery I needed a good sleep and the beds here were wonderful. The staff are very friendly and they have a terrific included breakfast. The location is great, walk able to the parks and lots of restaurants around. Will definitely stay here again the next time we come to town.

Date of stay: December 2019
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2020

Dear JaneDoe180,

We sincerely thank you for your complimentary review & couldn't be more pleased to know you were comfortable with us. Especially after something like a surgery.... ANY surgery, it's comforting to know you had a clean, well cared for hotel to convalesce in after the surgery, with helpful, caring staff to assist, if you needed help. A great breakfast in the morning, doesn't hurt any either.

Thank you so much for being our guest! We hope your recovery goes well & hope to welcome you back for any other reason than surgery, in future. Warm regards, Christa Park ~ Hotel Manager ~ Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed 6 November 2019

My daughter and I spent the weekend as Guests at the Royal Ann and found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable, and generally most of the staff to be very helpful. The hotel location is well situated close to the waterfront and a number of excellent restaurants, shops, art galleries within easy walking distance.
Unfortunately, parking seems to be an an ongoing issue worth comment. The underground parking has limited space and during check in we were told that parking "in the rear of the hotel" was allowed so long as a pass was displayed. There are two lots to the rear of the hotel, one of which is owned by a pub, the other the CIBC bank. Both are signed, parking by permit only. We parked alongside and to the rear of the hotel, permit displayed and were towed overnight by a local towing company. My error in retrospect, but I did feel as though the check in staff could have provided a more clear distinction between where and where not to park. None the less was fully prepared to accept it as my error, and offer some minor feedback to the staff so that others who are clearly as easily confused as I am, don't make the same mistake.
While picking up our vehicle from the towing company, we were told by both the drivers and the management that ours has not been an isolated issue, and many hotel guests have been towed in the past from the same space we had been. I inquired at the CIBC bank next door and learned the bank has also asked the hotel numerous times to ensure that Guests are not to park there.
What I find unfortunate, is that the management have seemingly had the opportunity in the past to recognize that there is an issue here and take proactive steps to improve their guests experience and have simply chosen not to. My approach to the conversation with them was to ask to meet in the middle, and very specifically didn't asked for compensation, interested in what they might suggest. I did in fact park in the wrong place which is my mistake, but they have also had the opportunity to identify this as an issue for their Guests, and have not done so which I think creates some shared responsibility.
While both the Towing Company, and the Bank next door were willing to have moderate and reasonable conversations. The management of the hotel was not.
Our hotel stay cost a little over $200CDN - The towing bill and taxi costs cost us $360CDN.
I would have been easily satisfied with any acknowledgement of the opportunity to do what they could to help other Guests avoid the same issue. Their perspective however is that we (and I would suppose all the others who've been towed) should have known better.
I offer the review partially as a heads up on the parking, moreso as insight on the standards they hold themselves to with regards to guest experience.
Great hotel, location, etc. But we won't be returning.

Date of stay: November 2019
5  Thank mikecirca1983
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2019

Dear Mike,

As a hotel that is VERY committed to customer service & delivering the best possible guest experience, it's tremendously disappointing when a hotel earns a bad review, due to something entirely beyond its control.

As we discussed over the phone, it's very unfortunate & we do empathize, that your vehicle was towed during your stay with us. We're sincerely sorry you were forced to pay $200 in towing charges, on top of cab fares to retrieve your vehicle.

In regards to our conversation over the incident, despite the conversations you may have had with someone over at the bank, or with the towing company, I was completely honest with you. I'm sure there have been multiple random vehicles towed from behind the bank over the years, but maybe one or two vehicles at the very most, have been guests of the hotel & that is the gospel truth.

We attempt to be as clear as possible with guests checking-in, that it is safe to park behind the hotel in OUR overflow lot, that has large signage stating the lot is for guests of the Royal Anne Hotel. As well, guests have access to our parkade. At time of check-in, when our onsite parking is limited, we even outline other parking options, like street parking or parking regulations in nearby parkades for guests, so they're aware of options.

I am not certain why you thought that having a Royal Anne parking permit, meant it was safe to park behind the CIBC next door, because the CIBC is an entirely separate business from the hotel & is clearly posted with warnings that parking behind the CIBC is for customers of the bank, and unauthorized vehicles that do not display a valid permit, will be towed.

It truly was an unfortunate error in judgement, but not one the hotel should be responsible for. Furthermore, if truths are being told, compensation for that error, is exactly where our conversation, took a turn.

In respect to your observations about the poor standards we or I personally hold ourselves to, in regards to guest experience.... I can only say, we/I strive for the best possible guest experience we can deliver, based on the things we can control here at the hotel. We are forthright, courteous, considerate, caring & do our very best to provide helpful information to all our guests. We will do whatever we can to ensure our guests have a great stay & leave with a positive impression.

To all future guests that might read this review, please DO NOT park behind the CIBC next door! We want you to be clearly informed that you may be towed & the hotel will not be meeting you half way with towing charges, or discounts on your room rate, to compensate for the negative experience. We trust you understand our position & sincerely hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Christa Park ~ Hotel manager ~ Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed 21 October 2019

Downtown hotel providing good value. Limited parking underneath the building feels safer than the back alley parking. Wonderful buffet breakfast included with the room booking. Their premade frittata’s to warm in the microwave are good.
We stayed in the basic room. Larger and nicer rooms are available for a little more cash. Beds are comfy. A few minor maintenance issues that only the user would notice, but as we didn’t bother to bring them to anyone’s attention either. A bit of fiddling and jiggling solved the issues temporarily.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank YuccaBC

Dear YuccaBC,

Many thanks for being our guest!

We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us! That breakfast & our yummy frittatas, hit the spot. That our beds were comfy & that you found good value overall, in your stay with us.

As I think you may be a returning guest YuccaBC....(I think I recall your 'nick' from a previous stay), I would love to ask you (and all our guests) to bring any minor maintenance issues to our attention. A little twist on the old saying.....if we don't know it's broken, we can't fix it. And we need to fix it!!

Reviewed 19 October 2019

Nice balcony overlooking town, and friendly staff. I have to give the hotel only an average rating because of two issues - one was noise at 5:45 am - which may have been the result of a guest moving furniture on the common patio. Second was because the room adjoining ours (the common door) was not locked. I did not notice until morning and the management immediately fixed the concern, but .... I was not happy. They did compensate us $$ for the error so I must still recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Barbara8211

Dear Barbara8211,

As the connector doors between guest rooms, were in a state of construction & replacement during the period of your stay, I clearly recall the incident with your connector door being unlocked & deeply apologize for our oversight with the lock Barbara.

i absolutely appreciate your perspective regarding the unlocked door & agree 100% that your guest room was not as secure as it should have been, on the evening of your stay. Furthermore, I'm deeply thankful the family in the connecting room had no cause, nor curiosity to open the doors between your guest rooms.

Not that it changes your previous experience, but I hope to assure you that every connector door has been replaced & is fully functioning with new dead bolts, firmly in position.

Thank you for being our guest Barbara...and again, please accept our heartfelt apologies!