“Nice Place”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed here because it had a kitchen suite. The room and kitchen were small but we were still pleased with the amenities. Very clean and the staff was friendly.
The kitchen had everything we needed, free internet (quite fast actually!) and the place was very clean. They have an indoor swimming pool which looked well taken care of. They also offer a free continental breakfast.
A little pricey for what you got but it could have been because it was a long weekend holiday when we stayed there.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a short term stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miss_HolidayGirl2

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We had a kitchenette-convenient for our family. Our rooms were very clean, and cleaned & made up every day, even though we stayed 4 nights. All staff that we interacted with were friendly and polite. The kids loved the pool-which was also clean and in good condition.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie N
Reviewed 13 June 2011

There was a big concert in town (Supertramp), so not a lot of rooms were available at other properties when I booked at the last minute. While the rate wasn't exactly cheap, the room did come with a microwave, fridge, and a coffee maker so I felt I got what I paid for. In addition, there was a free limited breakfast, and a nice indoor pool so this was a motel that would be worth staying at for anyone wanting more than just a place to sleep for the night. The flat screen TV actually included the original remote meaning you could adjust the picture to the correct aspect ratio! Unbelievable, as these days you almost never have the option, and the picture is usually stretched to fit the screen, even at expensive resorts. The bed was very comfortable as well.

Adjacent to the motel was a strip mall with a supermarket and a couple fast food restaurants, also a liquor store as well. Thus, you could park and walk if you were done driving for the day. It is possible to walk to the center of town - which I did - but it will take roughly 20 minutes. Traffic in Kelowna is notoriously bad as the city is poorly laid out so at least you have the option of parking and walking (except maybe during the heat of summer).

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows looking onto a hallway.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ydnar
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We booked last minute, so this is about all we could find. I was not expecting much, but a standard, clean room. The room was super small, and one bedroom had no window or exit leading outside, seemed a bit dangerous if a fire occurred. Each day I had to request more towels, as there was not ne for each person in the room, and also had to go and get a new key card each day, as it kept expiring, a bit of a hassle to make multiple trips to the front office each day. At night, it was so loud, cars, people parting, not restful at all. The parking was a nightmare, we witness a couple of people bump other cars while trying to park or back out. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank littleworld
Reviewed 7 March 2011

The hotel Manager is a de-ranged psycho-path. He woke us up, ignoring the Do Not Disturb sign and literally forced us out of bed so the maids could clean our room. Although we were outraged at the fact that we wanted to sleep we were compliant and got up and started getting dressed. That is when the manager attempted to open our door! My boyfriend slammed the bar lock quickly to avoid an old man seeing his girlfriend half naked. We immedietly stated we were checking out and he said it was 3hrs past check out so he would be billing us for a whole day. Even more angry we said we would not pay for a room and not stay but we immediatley wanted our $ back 4 upcoming Sunday as we would definitley be leaving. He refused saying it was a deposit even though he had a credit card for that. We decided that if he would not give us our $ then we would stay. Sunday came and he asked if we were leaving. We said we paid until mon, we stay til mon. He then says he's evicting us for being upset that he woke us up to clean room and he refuse to give me a written notice for my lawyer.(I wonder why) I threatened to call police because of his illegal behaviour and he got scared and HE called police. We spoke to them and explained the situation. They had expressions on their faces that the manager-made call was ridiculous. The room was immaculate even though the manager told the police he was scared it was damged. There was nothing wrong. This man should lose his licence to run a business and should be jailed for the invasion of peoples privacy. It would not surprise me at all if ther are hidden video cameras in these rooms. I strongly suggest staying as far away from this place as possible.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank angry154914
Reviewed 13 July 2010

First off this place is way over priced. I stayed at Toronto airport for cheaper price. The continental breakfast was muffin and bagel with juice. We got a noise complaint and instead of the owners coming and politely asking us to go inside they came and very rudely asked us to leave. When you come and lip off drunk people you what do you think they will do back. Not very classy at all. 3/4 of the hotel were baseball teams since we were there for a ball tournament. They told us to go to our rooms and do what ever we want there so we did. Then they come threaten us. Not cool. If they would learn to be polite we would have cooperated with them and turned the noise down. I would not recommend staying here at all. I was staying with another guy and they gave us one bed (don't even think it was a queen). We asked for another one and wanted to charge us another 40 dollars. I travel a lot working for an airline and this place is the most expensive Ive paid anywhere in Canada considering what we got for it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank bluejays17
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Stayed with my family here who were visiting for my grad. stayed 3 nights first 2 4 of us shared a suite with a kitchen. The suite was decent sized newer furnishings and cabinetry. Oven, stove and fridge were all newer and the nicest ive seen in a hotel kichen, sitting area with couch/sofabed as well as dining table. kitchens featured all cutlery and pots and pans, plates etc as most hotels wont do. sofa bed could of been more comforable. third night i had a room to myself which featured double bed and room had microwave fridge, mini balcony and couch and sitting area. and LCD tv which the other didnt have. rates are very very good for kelowna in the summer

• Stayed: June 2010