“Really nice place to stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Traveled to Kelowna for an overnight stay. Econo Lodge was great.
Staff were friendly and accommodating. Rooms quiet and comfy, the best part is they were super clean. I slept very well and really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank robinfrombc

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here on the August long weekend in 2013, so this is a bit dated.

First of all the hotel is nothing special. It is a very basic hotel and the room meets the most common needs. Bed, bathroom, TV, mini fridge. The room itself wasn't overly spacious considering the price we paid. I'm in the hotel industry so I understand long weekends in Kelowna are going to be pricey. This I can accept.

The hotel had lots of young people staying there and it was most likely because of the time of year. Parking is limited for the number of rooms they have. If you come back late, you might not get a spot. For the most part, the hotel did a decent job of keeping the young people to a dull roar late at night.

My daughter arrived the day before us and because she didn't have a credit card of her own, I had to provide a credit card in order for her to check in. Sounds reasonable, however the gentlleman on the desk was less than courteous to her. He made repeated comments that if she couldn't get a credit card authorization signed, it was going to be a BIG problem. I assume he was taking the necessary precautions due to the amount of young people in the hotel that weekend. This is fine, but you don't have to be a jerk about it. He went so far as to tell her that he could do whatever he wanted as he was for all intents and purposes the Manager on duty. Nice first impression. She offered to pay cash upfrnt for the room, but he refused this citing the fear of holding cash at the front desk. Because he wouldn't accept her deposit, my credit card had to be authorized to cover the full amount of her stay plus their incidental deposit. This is unacceptable....he should have accepted her deposit and only authorized my card for the incidentals. He would have covered his bases. What hotel doesn't accept cash?

They stay was ordinary. The room was clean and the facilities were operational. The amount of young people at the hotel left all kinds of bottles and garbage stren around the patio area, so when we wanted to use this (after they left) we had to clean up because the houseperson had not cleaned it up yet.

I don't think I would stay here again. I only chose this hotel because it was a Choice Hotel and I was hoping to get an employee rate, but due to the time of year that was not possible, In the end I paid the equivalent of a 3.5 star price and got a 2 star experience. But this is Kelowna and you pay for location. Keep that in mind when you are travelling here on busy long weekends. Next time I am going to stay a little further out of town and suck up the cost of driving in to stay in a condo. Some family of mine were able to socre one that was $30.00 less than this place and it came with a modern kitchen, living room and balcony with 2 bathrooms.

Lesson learned.

Room Tip: This is only good if you're looking for a place to crash and have most of your activities off si...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We went in the off-season so it was cheap, and we got exactly what we were hoping. I'll admit that the continental breakfast was pretty tiny (we just bought groceries while we were there though, non-issue for us) and that it isn't the prettiest hotel ever. The room was a bit small and noise came in from the road a bit much. That being said!--the manager was excellent and accommodating, and allowed us to check in several hours early. The room was exactly what we wanted and needed, and was perfectly clean. The location is good and the pool and hot-tub are nice if you get a chance to relax and go for a swim. Overall, I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Good location, But the Motel intself needs a LOT OF TLC. Inside stair by Pool area , railing is in bad shape, the outside stairway has rotten steps, The whole building needs a good face lift. The cont. breakfast Sucks, Poor variety of everything, no place to sit inside,except to be out side with the WASPS. No one to give you a receipt when checking out early morning. Very expensive for what you receive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the location and price. Didn't stay for the breakfast (there are plenty of options over the road). Spa pool was clean as was the rooms. I didn't have any issues with the lamented crazy owner. Everything just seemed like a normal motel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We booked through expedia for $133/night on Aug 5 for 2 star motel. The location is good , it is in downtown Kelowna. It does have an indoor pool. Other than that, there is nothing to recommend. The owner is cutting corner on each service. For example, the ice time is from 11AM to 7PM, when most of people will not be in the hotel. The free breakfast only has bagel, muffin and juice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rockyviewmd
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Terrible service and management. Will not, under any circumstances, stay here again. The hotel owner is disrespectful, uncaring, and unkindly. It would be in your best interests not to stay here. We were respectful to their property but the management continued by invading our privacy. Went into the hotel room while we were gone.

• Stayed: August 2013