“Chop Steakhouse”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Chop blends the fine dining experience with a casual setting to bring you "fine casual dining". With an extensive wine list, prime cuts of meat and fresh seafood, Chop is the restaurant to choose when you're looking for a night of indulgence.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Chop Steakhouse”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We ate here while visiting Kelowna on holiday. The service was good, the only comment being one steak which was asked for medium/rare had only been flash fried and extremely rare. My steak was also not medium/well done as requested and was rare inside. There is nothing worse for spoiling a meal than sending food back so we didn't bother. Bit dissapointing for a steakhouse to get this wrong but other than that the rest of the meal was good.

• Visited August 2013

Kelowna, Canada
“Chop Steakhouse Kelowna - Service”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

While I wrote earlier, that I had an extremely bad meal in July, I must say, the follow-up I had with the Owner/Manager was outstanding! After numerous caring emails, he not only sent me a gift card for the amount I had spent, but when it went missing at Canada Post, he hand delivered another gift card to me, personally, at my home. I will be trying out this restaurant again in October when I have family visiting.

2 Thank Summerswish
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“group of 6, enjoyed immensely”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

when the 6 of us get together we are rowdy to say the least. we had a fabulous server! the food was amazing, steak and lobster shared having steak done Chicago style, nothing better. we phoned first a brought our own wine, they charge $20 corkage, which i thought was very reasonable. i would definitely go back, just might try the chop steakhouse in richmond. worth every penny

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Terri W
Kelowna, Canada
“Fine restaurant, but over-priced”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The ambience is great, and staff were friendly and helpful. Between us we had prime rib, baseball sirloin with lobster topper, lobster stuffed haddock, and lobster fettucine - along with a few beer and desserts.

Overall the food was good, steaks seem to have a bit too much fat and gristle, and the seafood and a couple of sides had a bit too much garlic.

All in all would have been close to perfect, except the pricing was high compared to similar restaurants in the Okanagan.

“Worst Food Ever”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Went to the Chop Steakhouse in Kelowna last night and it was the worst experience I've ever had in a steakhouse. I order the large cut prime rib meal. The French onion soup was so full of beef gravy and very thick, you couldn't even tell there were onions in it. The stuffed tomato was nice, but that was all. The mashed potato was very spicy with wabasi in it, and the large cut of prime rib was so marbled and grizzly I couldn't even get my knife through it. I did eat one bit and there was NO beef flavour whatsoever in the meat. Took the rest home to my dog. Gave her a handful of the beef and within minutes she threw it all up, and this is a dog who eats everything! That evening, I was awake all night with severe indigestion and pain. I would never go here again.