“The nicest hotel on our whole trip”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had never stayed at this motel chain before, and were so surprised by what they gave us for the price. It was the best stay ever and we are telling everyone,,all motels should learn from this one,,,,nice renovations to the place. We were able to cook our own meals and after having been on the road for close to 3 weeks restaurant food was getting to us...thanks for the beautiful sweet

Room Tip: we never really specified anything but that we had a small dog, and got more than we asked and were...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 August 2014

If you consider going to Kelowna this summer, Sandman Kelowna is the one to avoid. Or maybe avoid staying in Room 316.

The hotel "looks" decent. But please don't get fooled by the look of the lobby.

It is a disaster once you walk into the corridor. There is NO, absolutely NO air con. Portable big fans are setup to cool down the corridor.

My first impression of the room is actually positive. Until I found out there was a Haagen-Daz ice cream bar stick lying on the floor, right behind the TV set. I believe it could be still lying there. **Time for treasure hunt** (It tells you how detail the housekeepers are cleaning the room)

I was thinking well, it's just an ice cream bar stick. So be it. UNTIL.......

I was walking the air-con, trying to turn up the AC.. my feet is ALL WET... I strongly believe the hose was leaking. Since it was late at night and I had just finished unpacked all my luggages, I did not bother getting a new room. I just place two big towels on the carpet and avoid walking bare feet.

Wifi signals in the room is so-so. FaceTime got cut off numerous times within a 30 minute period.

TV channels selections... wide variety.

In terms of the security of the hotel, I will give it a 1 out of 10. The side doors are wide open. Basically strangers can easily get accessed into the hotel.

PRICING.. This hotel ain't cheap. It cost $180-200 per night. I'm lucky to get a good deal, which cost be around $140, from a third party website. If I were paying $180, I will definitely consider Ramada!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mangoCooper
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We must have picked the wrong time to go to this hotel. We just wanted a quiet night away in Kelowna, just the two of us.. no kids. We were just there one night. Parking was a nightmare.. very busy. We mentioned we were trying to get away and were given a room in the new tower by the Chop restaurant. The room was very clean and modern looking.. quite nice! We decided that we wanted to go for a swim after dinner.. but there were kids everywhere! I think that there were sports teams visiting from out of town for a tournament.. because the pool area was crawling with teenagers having a lot of fun! Great for them, not so great for our "getaway." The hallways were busy with kids roaming.. didn't seem to be any parents anywhere!! With the exception of a few polite kids.. they were very loud! We ended up not using the pool at all.. kind of disappointed in the lack of care and consideration for all the patrons.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if there is any large teams expected!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was looking for a room last minute for a Saturday night in Kelowna, not an easy task, this was the only room I could find for under $300 a night, and I wasn't really expecting much based in the reviews and the look of the hotel from the outside. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the room, like I said, this place doesn't look like much, but the lobby and check-in was great, and my room was great! I had a room in the tower, on the top floor, so I had some nice views from the balcony. There was a kitchen area, I didn't end up using, but was a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was very cool. My favorite part was the big comfy chairs in the living area, I could have spent days there with a good book, but since it was Kelowna, I was out enjoying the wineries! There was a washer/dryer for laundry, also a nice addition. My only complaint, the AC unit was a little loud, woke me up a couple times in the night when it would turn on. This will be my go-to place in Kelowna now, stayed a few different places and the amenities and the location won me over.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

A one night stop over so not too much problem. Room very basic with noisy AC. We had a good night in the bar and the food was plentiful and good, not sure how good location was as we flew in flew out next day

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is my favorite to stay at when coming to Kelowna for a weekend trip. The rooms in the tower are modern and beautiful. The maids are very friendly and the room is always clean. Very comfortable beds. Hotel is quiet with lots of parking and is nicely situated across from the Orchard Park shopping center. Very central location. Also has a Denny's and a great restaurant called Chop for dinner which can be accessed directly from the tower. Definitely recommend staying at this hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in a pool walk out room, absolutely the worst hotel room I have every stayed at, but I was too tired to change hotels. Hallways have peeling outdated silver wallpaper, are narrow, very worn old dark carpets with 7 foot ceilings, you have to slam your very old room door to get it to shut. The bathroom was small with 6 1/2 foot ceiling, the tile grout line started at one end of the tube at over an inch wide down to 1/4 at the other end with some nasty looking stuff growing in the corner. The room smelled, was VERY old looking, poor wifi, the bedspread was the old rundown cheap motel type. With all the dark colors, low ceilings and smell i thought I was in a cave. At best a $60 room I paid almost 3 times that for. The hotel staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family