“Southern charm in Kelowna”
Review of Hotel Eldorado

Hotel Eldorado
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Eldorado in Kelowna and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. From the look and feel of the hotel to the warm and welcoming staff. This hotel feels like what you might would find in the warm southern US. A beautiful deck overlooking the lake, modern room and great pub that is apparently over-flowing with fun guests in the summertime. We enjoyed our meal in the pub and the recommendations of the bartender who explained that they offer a beer that has limited distribution. This place must be good if they are on the list of places great enough to serve it! I didn't have time to enjoy the pool and hot tub but I could see them from my cozy room. I would love to come back and enjoy the summer season at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 March 2014

From the moment we checked in to the moment we left the service was over and above! I could live in the suite we had for the two days. I still dream about it :) Walking along the boards walk was so relaxing. The food and service in the dining room bar none the best! I am a lover of all things antique and around every corner there would be a nice surprise ' antique piece'. Like little vignettes reminding you of it's history but yet not feeling as if you were in an old run down hotel but a crisp clean and classy home.
Thank you for the stay we will certainly come again even though we actually live in Kelowna.

Room Tip: It's worth the
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was a second stay at the El Dorado and it was fabulous - which was great as the previous stay had a few 'bumps'. Gorgeous vista suite (with incredible jacuzzi tub overlooking the lake) and the restaurant was excellent. Wouldn't necessarily be a great restaurant for kids - bit too slow for short attention spans and menu choices quite sophisticated. Will definitely go there again - well worth it!

Room Tip: Vista suite on the lake side
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great view of the lake and a lovely pub! Stayed for one night and it was one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. Would definitely come back!!!!!!!!! Woohoooooooo! Thanks again for a wonderful time!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Well located, well appointed room, food and beverage selection pricey but good solid value. If we return to Kelowna we will try to stay there again. They said we had to have 200 characters so we added this sentence

Room Tip: We were told not to stay in the main building so we didn't.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was our fifth stay at the El. We stayed their on our wedding night 2 years ago and always make a point to go back when we're in Kelowna. The romance package for 99 in the winter time is a real treat! On our first night they actually forgot the romance package :( as soon as we informed them, they offered us complementary breakfast (room service or in the restaurant) we went down and had breakfast at the restaurant which was delicious. The server was an absolute gem! We just loved her! The f&b manager was also quite nice, Spencer.

The real problem started when we got back to our room at 3:00pm, to discover there were renovations happening in the room above us. We were warned when we booked that the heritage side if the building can be noisy with restaurant noise. We have stayed on this side before and it's never been a problem. Well this was NOT restaurant noise. The pictures were shaking on the wall as the crew were nailing things into the floor, using an electric saw etc... I called down to the front desk to ask what was happening and if this would continue into the evening, I said that it didn't bother us if they would be finished by about 5:00pm (normal work hours) We went to dinner and when we came back... The renos continued until 10:00pm.
We got some rest, but then at 6:30am... It all started again, with vacuuming in the lobby (right below our room) and some very loud music as well. My husband went down to check it out at 7:00 am and there was no one in the restaurant... So not restaurant noise.

We went to check out at 10:00am and voiced our displeasure... The girl at the front desk was very nice and apologize but seemed to disagree with us that this could have actually happened. She did mention that we had been told about noise which I agreed and said we weren't told about renos. She did confirm that the renos were in the room immediately above us.
She apologized, offered us breakfast again... We had already eaten since we were up at 6:30am.
Overall disappointing, don't know if we'll be back for quite a while after this.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jnorrisgolf
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel_Eldorado-Kelowna_Okanagan_Valley_British_Columbia

My wife and I decided to go to Canada for for our vacation. Just a few months before we left we started asking everyone for recommendations of places to stay and great restaurants. We stayed in Vancouver, Victoria, Lady Smith, Kelowna, and Vernon. There were some great restaurants and hotels we stayed at, but none even came close to the Hotel Eldorado. We lucked out and got the last room available for the evening. The bed was the best and the room got a 10 from me, as I lounged with my soft robe that was waiting for me in the room. We took a walk around the area and out on the dock of the hotel and really fell in love with this place. I would like to give a little background on my quest for great food. For 20 years I wrote a cooking column and restaurant reviews for an entertainment magazine in the San Francisco Bay Area. The restaurant was really lively, as there was a wedding going on and everyone was in great spirits. We were greeted like we were family and taken to our seats which were overlooking the water. The windows open wide to enhance the dining experience and this place is beautiful inside and out. The waitress came to the table with a big smile and full of energy and then the fun began. You can see I was totally blown away by this whole experience, but the best was yet to come. My wife and I ordered the same meal, because of the recommendation by our waitress. The steak we ordered came with baked crab piled high on top of the steak. I can honestly say this was one of the best meals I have ever had the pleasure to eat. This place should be on your list of best places to stay and eat!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple