Wow! Visited the resort for a friends wedding. Her area where she was supposed to get married was under construction and she was in tears, the staff yelled at her mother. We had to clean our own rooms. There was cereal found in the pull out bed, the king felt like sleeping on cardboard. The spiders ran the place. The shower was most likely installed in 1920 and was never cleaned and you would have had more water pressure from standing under a sprinkler.
A group of us had to ask where the wedding was taking place and no one in the office or restaurants knew where it was to be held. Finally I got ahold of a wedding party member who told me it was at the beach only to find out that its the walk from hell! it's a 90degree angle for about 200 feet. No easy path, no stairs and when we got to the office they told us they were too busy to shuttle us......yes even if we were in heels. We were instructed to walk a dirty goat trail down to the beach, and when we got there were all sweaty and had to wash our feet off in the water. The area where they said their vows was pretty, and this is the only thing that got them a point here! The beach had an old barge with graffiti on the side (very pleasing to the eye! - ya right). The food was mediocure, and the later at night you ordered food the worse it got along with the service.......I had to ask 3 times for dressing for my salad and was told "well it has cheese". Room service didnt' even show up during our stay - which explains why it's so dirty. This place has alot of potential, but is old, extremely over priced and riddled with teenage workers that all have a I dont' give a S*** mentality, and the resort reflects it everywhere.
Was happy to see my friend married, but would never return to this dump.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Okanagan Resort is located on 300 acres of mountainside parkland on the West Shore of beautiful Okanagan Lake, just 20 minutes from downtown Kelowna.Lake Okanagan Resort is the Kelowna's "true destination Resort. The resort has its own 9 hole executive par 3 golf course, lit tennis courts, hot tubs, resort store, renovated meeting space, restaurants, lounge, seasonal pools, spa, upgraded suites (all with kitchen facilities) and premier villas, beach and brand new marina.The resort welcomes families, couples, groups, conferences, retreats and is perfect for beach weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Okanagan Hotel Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, Canada