Booked this resort on RCI points and upgraded to the 'pointe beach villas' for $100 more per night (3 bed/3 bath). The Pointe Beach Villas were gorgeous, brand new with all the high-end finishes and phenomenal views. Free internet was good and well used by our entire party (a bit glitchy now and then but no major problems). I toured villas that we would have rented with the RCI points and they were fine.. updated flooring and new beds. Definitely not the 'executive' type accomodation of the Pointe Beach villas however. The upgrade was well worth the money.
The resort itself is very large and you can tell it is an older resort. There is a lot of upkeep here and you can see that there is quite a bit of effort being made to keep things up and maintain the property. There are a few rough edges here and there - but nothing that took away from our enjoyment of the facility.
We visited during the beginning of June and the resort was probably only 1/3 full. We felt we had most of the facilities to ourselves, which was wonderful. Not sure if we would have enjoyed it as much if we were there in summer months when the pool/hot tub was more crowded. The marina was nice and had a few rentals at a fairly reasonable cost. Bring your own tennis racquet as they do charge for rentals.
Many in our party enjoyed the hiking trails and seeing wildlife such as deer, marmots, bald eagles and loons. The views from all over the resort to the lake are stunning. That being said it would be a difficult place for any older or guests with mobility issues to get around as there are extremely steep hills everywhere - ie, to get to the beach, restaurant, pool. We enjoyed getting a bit of exercise going from place to place so this didn't bother us.
We tried the restaurant on the last night of our stay and it was fairly decent, though a bit pricey.
Overall we found this to be a perfect family resort with interesting activities for everyone from kids to grandparents. Early June was a perfect time to visit as we had the benefit of nice weather and no crowds.
I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Okanagan Resort is located on 300 acres of mountainside parkland on the West Shore of beautiful Okanagan Lake, just 20 minutes from downtown Kelowna.Lake Okanagan Resort is the Kelowna's "true destination Resort. The resort has its own 9 hole executive par 3 golf course, lit tennis courts, hot tubs, resort store, renovated meeting space, restaurants, lounge, seasonal pools, spa, upgraded suites (all with kitchen facilities) and premier villas, beach and brand new marina.The resort welcomes families, couples, groups, conferences, retreats and is perfect for beach weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Okanagan Hotel Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, Canada