We like going to LOR during the first week in May - Spring Okanagan Wine Festival. Stay for a week and always book room #561 in the Terrace building. It is one of the older buildings. The main reason we like LOR is that it is very quiet and peaceful at that time of year. Some folks may complain about the road to the resort, the last three years it was voted/ranked the worst road in BC, but hell we are on vacation and not in a hurry. Only 20 minutes from the nearest winery!
It was a nice surprise to walk into our room this year and see that there was new living room furniture, flat screen TV and DVD player. As well as new outdoor furniture and BBQ's on the patio. We choose the same unit each year because it's entrance is on the ground floor and the terrace gives lots of outdoor space and fabulous views of the lake.
The par 3, 9 hole golf course will EAT YOU UP. It is in decent shape and you will get your exercise, especially on the last three holes. Daily we would walk the trails and get a good cardio workout. Pool & restaurant were not open yet, but we ate in our room as it has a fully equipped kitchen and we did enjoy the hot tub.
Overall the resort is "tired", but there is some money being spent on upgrades. However, the peace and quiet and tranquility offset any issues. Finally .... always comfortable beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Okanagan Resort is located on 300 acres of mountainside parkland on the West Shore of beautiful Okanagan Lake, just 20 minutes from downtown Kelowna.Lake Okanagan Resort is the Kelowna's "true destination Resort. The resort has its own 9 hole executive par 3 golf course, lit tennis courts, hot tubs, resort store, renovated meeting space, restaurants, lounge, seasonal pools, spa, upgraded suites (all with kitchen facilities) and premier villas, beach and brand new marina.The resort welcomes families, couples, groups, conferences, retreats and is perfect for beach weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Lake Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Okanagan Hotel Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, Canada