My fiancé booked a 2 day stay at the resort for a much needed get away. He had also booked a massage in the spa for me which was excellent. We were hungry at this time and there was nothing open. The poolside bar had closed for the day and the restaurants weren't open. We then went to the lounge and was told that we would have to wait as the chef's weren't there yet. I purchased some nuts at their very limited store inside building you check into. Later we were able to have some dinner, there was one other couple in the entire dining room. The food was pretty good. My Fiancé had purchased the Jacuzzi suit,, so looking forward to a that, but it didn't work. We called down to the front desk, where only young people work and told us they would put in a work order for it on Monday. The next morning we had breakfast and went down to the pool to relax, we were just thinking that this might not have been such a bad experience when before we knew it we were literally inundated with many many sets of parents with young boys, The parents and kids were completely dressed for dinner but ran for the lounge chairs around the pool, having kids sit on them to hold them for more parents coming. The 4 couples who were actually using the pool since we had stayed at the resort were suddenly swarmed. reducing one older couple to have to sit away from the pool and another 2 couples having to sit in upright hard chairs while these mom's sat, in their dresses on the pool lounge chairs. I asked the young female bar tender what was going on, and that I didn't think this was right. She told me they were paying guests too. I found out later that they were a bunch of hockey kids and their families who had paid to use the amenities for the time they were there?? It was a gong show! We decided to leave, but before doing so, I made sure our lounge chairs went to the couples staying at the resort, I told the sales and catering coordinator as she met us coming up the stairs, that I was so very disappointed in this stay. She told me that this is the way they do things. We suggested that in the future they let us know that this is happening, but I can see why they don't since we wouldn't have booked there. We also considered this place for our upcoming nuptials, but now that is not going to be a place we choose to get married or stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Okanagan Resort is located on 300 acres of mountainside parkland on the West Shore of beautiful Okanagan Lake, just 20 minutes from downtown Kelowna.Lake Okanagan Resort is the Kelowna's "true destination Resort. The resort has its own 9 hole executive par 3 golf course, lit tennis courts, hot tubs, resort store, renovated meeting space, restaurants, lounge, seasonal pools, spa, upgraded suites (all with kitchen facilities) and premier villas, beach and brand new marina.The resort welcomes families, couples, groups, conferences, retreats and is perfect for beach weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Okanagan Hotel Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, Canada