Lake Okanagan Resort
US$107
US$385
US$321
  • Pool
The Royal Anne Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$134
Hotel Eldorado(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$365
US$321
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$208
US$179
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$156
US$142
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$200
US$178
All reviewswater trampolineolder resortbedroom unitthree bedroomwasher dryeroverlooking the laketennisbbq
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My fiancé booked a 2 day stay at the resort for a much needed get away. He had also booked a massage in the spa for me which was excellent. We were hungry at this time and there was nothing open. The poolside bar had closed for the day and the restaurants weren't open. We then went to the lounge and was told that we would have to wait as the chef's weren't there yet. I purchased some nuts at their very limited store inside building you check into. Later we were able to have some dinner, there was one other couple in the entire dining room. The food was pretty good. My Fiancé had purchased the Jacuzzi suit,, so looking forward to a that, but it didn't work. We called down to the front desk, where only young people work and told us they would put in a work order for it on Monday. The next morning we had breakfast and went down to the pool to relax, we were just thinking that this might not have been such a bad experience when before we knew it we were literally inundated with many many sets of parents with young boys, The parents and kids were completely dressed for dinner but ran for the lounge chairs around the pool, having kids sit on them to hold them for more parents coming. The 4 couples who were actually using the pool since we had stayed at the resort were suddenly swarmed. reducing one older couple to have to sit away from the pool and another 2 couples having to sit in upright hard chairs while these mom's sat, in their dresses on the pool lounge chairs. I asked the young female bar tender what was going on, and that I didn't think this was right. She told me they were paying guests too. I found out later that they were a bunch of hockey kids and their families who had paid to use the amenities for the time they were there?? It was a gong show! We decided to leave, but before doing so, I made sure our lounge chairs went to the couples staying at the resort, I told the sales and catering coordinator as she met us coming up the stairs, that I was so very disappointed in this stay. She told me that this is the way they do things. We suggested that in the future they let us know that this is happening, but I can see why they don't since we wouldn't have booked there. We also considered this place for our upcoming nuptials, but now that is not going to be a place we choose to get married or stay!

Room Tip: Ask if Jacuzzi is actually working, and bring your own food
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barb B
DOS001, Director of Sales at Lake Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Good Morning,

I hope your travels home went well. I was happy to see that you did follow up with me via email, thank you for this.

Once again I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the resort. I did follow up with our Front Desk Agents as well as our Front Desk Manager and I am happy to hear that they gave you 50% off of your accommodation rate for the inconvenience of the unexpected Jacuzzi maintenance issue. I also was happy to hear that they offered to move you into one of our beautiful five star Three Bedroom Villas whose rack rate is $449 plus tax per night. I am sorry that you did not take them up on this offer but I do understand that you probably would not want to move your things to another room. In our Manager’s Meeting today we will be discussing the purchase of brand new Jacuzzi’s for these suites.

I also would like to address the fact that you felt that I was only telling you “the way we do things” in regards to the busy amenities situation. That was not my intentions at all. In fact I really appreciated the discussion we had on your idea of having a whole separate pool area for leisure guests and a separate pool area for event or group guests. This idea of yours would allow us to continue to meet our paying leisure guest’s expectations of a relaxing weekend while also meeting our paying event/group guests who are rewarding themselves for a long hard dedicated year towards their career goals. As I had mentioned to you on Sunday I will be proposing this great idea in our Manager’s Meeting today for us to put on the schedule for our three year renovation plan.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arrived in the middle of may and played spot the other guests , lunch was an affair with 2 couples having lunch which was pretty ordinary ,bad ambiance poorly maintained resort that took ages to get to on a very bad road...given a 2 star room and not any information about the shuttle service that apparently runs ...wont be going back any time soon do yourself a favour and drive a bit further to the summerland resort that one was amazing...!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for the new building not offered to us at all
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane G
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had originally booked to go here with my parents, but due to my father unexpectedly passing away a few days before we went, we had to cancel. I had booked my room through Expedia and had no troubles cancelling. My mom who had booked through a timeshare was not treated with the same respect and the lady at the resort who she talked to made her feel bad for not calling sooner (?!?). Given the situation I would expect the person to be at least courteous, but she made an already bad situation awful and was rude. My mom was not trying to get money back, but calling the resort as a courtesy to let them know she would not be checking in. I would encourage management to talk with their reception/customer service about this and how to deal with emotional situations in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ExcitedforCuba789
DOS001, Director of Sales at Lake Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am very sorry that you did not have a very good customer service experience regarding your timeshare reservation. With that being said while currently all timeshare reservations are handled by the individual timeshare company, such as RCI for example, we are looking forward to soon handling all of the timeshare reservations our self and on site. We hope that in the future you will have a much nicer experience when communicating directly with the resort regarding your timeshare reservation.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here for a week as timeshare exchange. Lovely location IF you want to use it as a destination resort (bring groceries, long way to stores) but if you want to go anywhere e.g. wineries, shopping it is a tiresome 36 km return trip to Kelowna's only bridge into town on a long and winding road. Unit in condo bldg we stayed in had the absolute cheapest of everything, bare minimum kitchen, cobwebs galore in the light fixtures and nobody had touched the top of the fridge for some months to clean it apparently as there was an astounding variety of food particles living there. Minimal to no insulation between units so we were at the mercy of the next door neighbours who were happily quiet (apart from the snoring that can be heard through the bedroom wall between units) until our last day when a new lot arrived whose speciality appeared to be running up and down the stairs, slamming cupboards and boards such that our side was literally shaking, and it sounded like a thunderstorm. This went on long past the quiet hour of 11 pm. - had to keep doors closed due to gathering out on the patio basically right outside my window - glad they were having a good time but I had a long drive the next day and wanted some zzzz's. When I called the front desk I was told to call back after 11 pm. and security would handle it - as there is only one phone this necessitated a return trip downstairs the next time I was awoken, which cemented being awake for the next hour....
Fitness room very basic indeed for the size of the place and unusable as no ventilation - like exercising in a sauna.
In summary, this felt like an old style motel that has been minimally looked after, not worth the exchange or anything near the rates charged per day. Front staff were mostly pleasant and helpful and one hopes for their sakes the recent ownership change will result in much needed physical improvements. For a start, demolish the condo blocks and start again on this site.
Loved Kelowna and surrounds but will NOT be back here.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN THE CONDO UNITS unless you are hard of hearing or you will share everything with your neighbours.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
DOS001, Director of Sales at Lake Okanagan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I will most certainly follow up with housekeeping with the issues that you have had. Unfortunately, we were not aware of your concerns during your visit for we could have best accommodated them.

Thank you for your review, your opinion is important to us as we will do our best to improve the quality of your future stays at our soon to be upgraded resort.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our place of work booked the Okanagan Lake Resort for a staff retreat. At the time it was off season and the restaurant was closed. This did not stop the Chef and the catering staff from going above and beyond to provide us with amazing meals and service. Kaitlyn Bolder, the Sales & Catering Coordinator was a pleasure to work with, she went above and beyond to work within our budget. She was very flexible and accommodating in not just matching but actually beating a special rate offered by a nearby competitor and even threw in 9 holes of golf for 10 of us!. The accommodations offered great services, a breathtaking view and the rooms were clean, fresh and had very comfortable beds.! We made great use of the spa services and were impressed with their ability to fit us all in addressing our individual needs. We would not hesitate to use this venue for future personal or business ventures.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business