We recently spent a weekend at Lake Okanagan Resort (LOR) attending a family wedding. We were in a 3 bedroom villa and it was fabulous! We had 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, washer & dryer, full size well equipped kitchen, diningroon, livingroom, and a balcony with table and chairs. Our villa looked out over the lake and the balcony was the ideal location for morning coffee or afternoon cocktails.
The grounds are fairly well maintained and we enjoyed our mornings at the pool. The pool area isn't fancy, one pool is shallower for youngsters and the other is larger and has a deeper area, but both ares have lots of loungers and tables & chairs. There is also a hot tub, large chess set and walk-up bar.
We had lunch both days at the deck restaurant and both the food and service was excellent! Servers were very friendly and attentive. The meal as well as the late night snack for the wedding were excellent as well.
The "little things" added up to be somewhat annoying and I believe are all a result of poor management.
We tried to make coffee in our villa Friday evening and the coffee pot kept quitting. Phone call #1- The front desk said they would have maintenance bring us a new one, didn't happen; Phone call #2 - maintenance couldn't find one that worked and would have housekeeping bring one first thing the next morning; housekeeping never brought a coffeemaker but with perseverance we did get ours to work although we did borrow one from other wedding guests as a back-up.
Another guest called the front desk with a request and was told someone would be right there. When the guest made a second call 1 1/2 hours later, the front desk said, oops, they forgot.
Housekeeping is never seen, I don't mean they are stealth like in their work, I mean they don't seem to get to the rooms. Our towels were finally replaced sometime between 3:30 and 4:30 although the sign was on the door most of the day. Family members didn't have their room done at all during their 3 night stay.
By the way check in is 4pm and checkout 10am. The key won't work after 10 am even if you've arranged a late checkout such as we did.
Beautiful location but needs to take care of the little things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Okanagan Resort is located on 300 acres of mountainside parkland on the West Shore of beautiful Okanagan Lake, just 20 minutes from downtown Kelowna.Lake Okanagan Resort is the Kelowna's "true destination Resort. The resort has its own 9 hole executive par 3 golf course, lit tennis courts, hot tubs, resort store, renovated meeting space, restaurants, lounge, seasonal pools, spa, upgraded suites (all with kitchen facilities) and premier villas, beach and brand new marina.The resort welcomes families, couples, groups, conferences, retreats and is perfect for beach weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Lake Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Okanagan Hotel Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, Canada