“Had a GRAND experience at the Delta Grand Okanagan”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Had a GRAND experience at the Delta Grand Okanagan”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a beautiful resort with breath taking views, all the luxuries you would want and great accessibility to everything. The staff were very warm and welcoming, the shops are a nice bonus, the room was stylish, clean, comfortable. I must say my bed was one of the MOST comfortable I have ever slept in. It was hard to get out of it in the morning but then all those wineries were waiting. The 'smart desk' is a sweet feature with the techno world we have become accustomed to. Only irk I have is that the heating system in room was loud and couldn't get it to go to low so clicked off the fan completely. This didn't matter though as the room did not get too hot. I had an amazing time and love, love, LOVED this hotel !

Room Tip: I just had the basic room and it was great and we ended up with a view of the marina and bridge and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest

I'm thrilled you had such a GRAND experience with us! Yes those beds are something else aren't they? I'm glad you were able to utilize the smart desk with ease and had the chance to do a little shopping in our lobby during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Warm Regards,
Allison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Thai first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I went there in April! The weather was unseasonably cold. But we rented the 2 bedroom suite. The room was very outdated. The tvs needed to be upgraded, but other then that it was acceptable. The resturant is so overpriced I would not recommend. The hair salon is also overpriced. It's best to venture out and see all Kelowna has to offer in the way of restaurants. The pool is small but I imagine would be better in the summer. The valet service was decent. I would recommend bested on the views and walking location. Was there on business but would go back in the summer!

Room Tip: A 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen can save you in the long run!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I'm glad the location of the hotel with views of the mountains and Okanagan Lake were to your liking. It's unfortunate that you experienced poor weather as come spring time, us Kelownians look forward to the warm days as well! I will pass along your comments to the hair salon that leases the space in front of the hotel and I apologize that you found the restaurant in the lobby overpriced. I do hope you try us again as our culinary team prides themselves in flavourful cuisine that incorporates fresh local fare and our staff want to ensure you to have the best dining experience possible.

Please come visit us again. The summer months are definitely lively in Kelowna and at the hotel. Many beach weather days for you to enjoy and lots going on around the city and at the hotel.

Kind Regards,
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Front desk staff pushed their Club rooms with a view of the lake and "we could watch the beautiful sunrise" Due to the placement of the lake and the pesky insistence on the sun rising in the east, it is one or the other. We pony up an extra $30 for the club room, it is ice cold when we get in; heater was so loud; only one towel; the fire alarm goes off at 6 am and stays on. I travel a lot and I understand this kind of thing happens. Where the problem lies with this hotel is that the staff just doesn't care. "would it be possible to get a second towel?" "There should be one in your room" "Wow that alarm made sure I was up for the sun rise" "Yes it did" "Is there a trick to getting the heater to turn on?" "No just turn up the temperature" All of these comments given with the look of "don't go away mad, just go away"

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony P
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Tony,

Thank you for your feedback and I am disappointed to read of your stay. At Delta Hotels we strive to exceed your expectations during every interaction through engaging service and I do apologize that this was not your experience. I will be sure to follow up with my Front Office team and use your comments as a training opportunity as I know we could have handled your interactions and concerns much more effectively.

I do hope that you will visit us again as my team and I would love another chance to demonstrate that our service matches our fantastic property.

Warm regards,

Jeff
Kamloops
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The reception staff was very kind and helpful. Newly renovated room with a high tech work desk with built-in USB charger, cabled internet, and more. They advertised fast Internet, but I could only get fast Internet by plugging in my computer to the cabled network, as their available Wifi was slow.
It was a delightful stay and their indoor/outdoor pool and sauna was a great addition.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
DGOFOM, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Zarako,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your fabulous stay. I was pleased to see you enjoyed our new smart desk and that you found the service to be helpful. The wireless internet is typically very fast, however I have asked our technical team to take a look at the various routers in the resort. I also appreciate your comment about our team, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another great experience!
Cedric
Oliver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I didnt have a single thing to complain about . The front desk staff was incredible as was the service in the restaurant and the valet service. Attentive, and quick to respond to our needs. Watching how they dealt with other guest as well I was impressed. This is not a 5 star Hotel so if you demand the very highest of excellence like in big resorts Vegas and Florida you should stay somewhere else. This hotel was an excellent value in the price range and was clean and the staff was great. Breakfast was very nice ( continenal buffet). The fitness center and pool are really nice! Nothing beats the sunset over the lake...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Karren

Thank you for your review! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with our staff. It's great you were able to utilize several of the amenities at the hotel and I'm thrilled to see that everything exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon,

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Delta is a very beautiful property, with exquisitely renovated rooms. However, while they may boast of their beauty they are burdened by an extremely weak front desk staff, unable to fulfill the most basic of requests. When we were informed that our room had only a shower, we requested a room with a tub.

"Unfortunately, not on the 'club' floor," was the response. We were moved two floors down, only to discover that we'd now not be permitted to enjoy the amenities of the club floor, such as lounge etc. The people we were in town to meet were staying on the club floor, and we'd now be unable to meet with them on their floor, we'd have to make alternate meeting arrangements.

How complicated can a King bed, Jetted Tub on the club floor be?

Pretty tough - and when they couldn't accommodate this simple request, we asked if we could PAY to enjoy the club lounge/restaurant, to join our travelling companions, who were staying on the club floor. "Nope," said Shalan, the most incompetent and snooty front desk manager we've ever encountered.

"And why not? We asked, incredulous at her inability to even attempt to accommodate.

"There are Hors d'oeuvre's being served up there."

Exactly. Which we'd be happy to pay for.

I echo a previous reviewer, very poor, inept young front desk staff, unable to accommodate simple requests, even with guests willing to pay for these minor adjustments. Communication is key, and these guys may need to take a refresher course.

Unbelievable. We had extremely poor service when we stayed here five years ago, and it only gets worse. Avoid the Delta!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Travis-and-Veronica
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I do apologize that we did not have a room available to suit your needs..It is true that all our Club floor rooms have showers. Our Lounge was designed to accomodate only a certain amount of guests at once, basically those that are staying on the floors, so to ensure that we do not overload the experience of the Club Floor guests we do not permit access if not staying on that floor. It is not a question of the money or paying for the service.

We do have a wide variety of rooms on our resort and I am confident that we would have one to suit your needs. Please feel free to give me a call at the hotel to discuss your stay further.

Warm regards,

Jeff Kennedy
Director of Operations
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed at The Grand for a girls get away. The room was set up well, with coffee, wine glasses and a mini fridge. We booked a room with a lake view and the view was gorgeous. The beds however were very squeaky! Anytime someone rolled over another person woke up.
We ate dinner at the Grand Bay cafe and despite their lack of customers (we were 1 of 2 tables) service was lacking. Our server actually started talking to us, then left in mid sentence to talk to the other table, with no sorry, excuse me or anything. The food however was very tasty.
We went to the casino attached to the hotel, it was great to be able to do everything and not have to leave!
Probably wouldn't book another stay, for the price they need to do a bit more!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and thank you for making us apart of your girls getaway. I do apologize for the loud beds as it certainly should not impact your sleep. I am surprised to read of your dining experience as we pride ourselves on welcoming and engaging service and it is unfortunate that this was not your experience.

I do hope that you will come back to our hotel as I know we can do much better.

Jeff