“Christmas get away”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Christmas get away”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Great location for walks in the area including water front .Enjoyed watching the skaters at close by outdoor skating rink . Brought a visit to the Casino . Nice to have a visit with Santa on December 24. . Heating/Fan system a bit of a challenge to set to our liking . Telephone retrieval message system not clearly defined , as the system was recently updated ...eventually figured it out .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to spend your Christmas get away with us at the hotel. I'm so glad you were able to join us for our Christmas Eve guest reception with Santa and had a chance to try your luck at the casino!

I do apologize for the confusion of the message retrieval on the room phone. We do appreciate the feedback. I hope you had a great Christmas here at the hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Allison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I travel here for work several times per year. The staff is always friendly and remember me when I come back! The restaurant is superb. Tip: Get a club room if possible. They have fantastic hor d'oeuvers

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home while in Kelowna. I'm thrilled to hear our staff have been able to enhance your stay each time and you have enjoyed our Club Lounge and restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip out!

Yorkeys Knob, Australia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We arrived exhausted after 32 hours of travelling after flight delays and missed connections, with no luggage! The staff were extremely helpful & it was wonderful to deal with people who did all they could to make a bad situation better! The room was clean & very comfortable especially for a family of 4. Room service was excellent! They assisted in following up on our luggage & the morning staff were aware of our situation & just as helpful as the staff had been the night before. This is our second stay at the Grand and I definitely will stay there whenever we pass through to the snow. Thank you to all the great staff!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sue

It's so great to see that such an unfortunate and frustrating circumstance was turned into a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to make this review and share your experience. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again on your next trip through Kelowna!

Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Was expecting a long wait for check in as the line was long, but the staff was very efficient and we were soon checked in. We were there for a Christmas party, the buffet was excellent and lots of good food and dessert. The room was nice, it was just a basic, nothing fancy, the smart desk would be nice if staying a few days and had the laptop. Although the usb charger wouldn't charge my phone. The heating system was very loud and kept me awake. But for the price it was a good room, we were on the 7th floor with a nice view, I didn't hear any outside noise at all. All in all I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us this holiday season. I do apologize for the noise from the heating unit and the issue with the usb cord. I hope you were able to address this with our Front Desk team in order to have them looked at by our maintenance staff.

Please come visit us again, hopefully before the next holiday season where we can really wow you with every aspect of your stay.

Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is a beautiful resort with breath taking views, all the luxuries you would want and great accessibility to everything. The staff were very warm and welcoming, the shops are a nice bonus, the room was stylish, clean, comfortable. I must say my bed was one of the MOST comfortable I have ever slept in. It was hard to get out of it in the morning but then all those wineries were waiting. The 'smart desk' is a sweet feature with the techno world we have become accustomed to. Only irk I have is that the heating system in room was loud and couldn't get it to go to low so clicked off the fan completely. This didn't matter though as the room did not get too hot. I had an amazing time and love, love, LOVED this hotel !

Room Tip: I just had the basic room and it was great and we ended up with a view of the marina and bridge and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest

I'm thrilled you had such a GRAND experience with us! Yes those beds are something else aren't they? I'm glad you were able to utilize the smart desk with ease and had the chance to do a little shopping in our lobby during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Warm Regards,
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I went there in April! The weather was unseasonably cold. But we rented the 2 bedroom suite. The room was very outdated. The tvs needed to be upgraded, but other then that it was acceptable. The resturant is so overpriced I would not recommend. The hair salon is also overpriced. It's best to venture out and see all Kelowna has to offer in the way of restaurants. The pool is small but I imagine would be better in the summer. The valet service was decent. I would recommend bested on the views and walking location. Was there on business but would go back in the summer!

Room Tip: A 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen can save you in the long run!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I'm glad the location of the hotel with views of the mountains and Okanagan Lake were to your liking. It's unfortunate that you experienced poor weather as come spring time, us Kelownians look forward to the warm days as well! I will pass along your comments to the hair salon that leases the space in front of the hotel and I apologize that you found the restaurant in the lobby overpriced. I do hope you try us again as our culinary team prides themselves in flavourful cuisine that incorporates fresh local fare and our staff want to ensure you to have the best dining experience possible.

Please come visit us again. The summer months are definitely lively in Kelowna and at the hotel. Many beach weather days for you to enjoy and lots going on around the city and at the hotel.

Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Front desk staff pushed their Club rooms with a view of the lake and "we could watch the beautiful sunrise" Due to the placement of the lake and the pesky insistence on the sun rising in the east, it is one or the other. We pony up an extra $30 for the club room, it is ice cold when we get in; heater was so loud; only one towel; the fire alarm goes off at 6 am and stays on. I travel a lot and I understand this kind of thing happens. Where the problem lies with this hotel is that the staff just doesn't care. "would it be possible to get a second towel?" "There should be one in your room" "Wow that alarm made sure I was up for the sun rise" "Yes it did" "Is there a trick to getting the heater to turn on?" "No just turn up the temperature" All of these comments given with the look of "don't go away mad, just go away"

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony P
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Tony,

Thank you for your feedback and I am disappointed to read of your stay. At Delta Hotels we strive to exceed your expectations during every interaction through engaging service and I do apologize that this was not your experience. I will be sure to follow up with my Front Office team and use your comments as a training opportunity as I know we could have handled your interactions and concerns much more effectively.

I do hope that you will visit us again as my team and I would love another chance to demonstrate that our service matches our fantastic property.

Warm regards,