“Great BDay Getaway Close to home”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oliver, Canada
“Great BDay Getaway Close to home”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the Grand Okanagan for only one night ( May 15/14) but it was well worth the 1 1/2 hours derive from the south Okanagan where we call home. I have stayed at the hotel in the past as a convention participant and always wanted to go back. The hotel is in the downtown area of Kelowna thus making it so appealing when you wish to do some downtown dining and pocking about. The staff are all very friendly , helpful and courteous. The reception clerk, I believe her name was Jessie was aware that the occasion for the stay was an advanced birthday celebration and later when we went back to our room a lovely gift of refreshments and sweets were awaiting us. The room was well decorated, clean and neat albeit a bit toned down with no view as no doubt due to the price. Thank you Grand Okanagan for a GRAND stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side or the east side overlooking the mountains and city or in the later case woul...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DGOFOM, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort as your destination for your birthday! I am pleased to see our team exceeded your expectations and helped create some lovely memories for you. I agree it’s nice to be able to only drive a short distance to truly feel on vacation, my family and I do the same when we come down to the south Okanagan. We hope to see you again soon, hopefully sooner than your next birthday!
Cedric

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Thai first
Calgary
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We decided to try something a bit more "fancy" on our last visit given the likelihood of uncooperative weather (read: more time in room). We were not disappointed!

The hotel lobby, bar/restaurant, reception areas, etc are rather nice and were very clean. The casino is attached and looked decent but we were too lame to check it out (and thought it would be only slightly more exciting than setting $50 bills on fire).

Because the jetted tub in the large (and modern) ensuite was big enough for two, we didn't bother using the common hot tub. We also chose not to eat at the hotel because the great eateries downtown (on Bernard) were within walking distance.

The service was great and the staff accommodated our request for a view room and sent up plush robes for us. Parking is a total gouge and was our only real complaint. Seriously, parking fees in Kelowna? New York or San Fran maybe but not Kelowna. Oh well.

The room was very spacious, modern, and clean. Plenty of seating and very bright. The bed, linens, and pillows were all very comfy and everything was clean. I am a germaphobe and a bit fussy and I wasn't even a bit grossed out. Kinda nice for a change.

As I said, it is a bit pricier than most other hotels in town but it was a nice departure from the Cedar City Motel 6 type place with old puke stains on the mattress (for reals).
I would recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DGOFOM, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,
I like the fact you described us as snazzy! I am also pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities, even though the weather wasn't cooperative, just the more reason to come back right? I do appreciate your comments regarding the parking; upon your next visit we would be pleased to offer you alternative options in the downtown core if you wish. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
vancouver
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have not stayed here for several years but decided to return for 3 nights. Probably some of the most helpful, courteous , and customer friendly staff we have encountered in some time. From the security person who graciously accompanied me and my Sheltie to the hotel wine store, stood outside holding the leash while I went in to pick up a bottle of local wine to the front desk receptionist, Stephanie?, who went the distance to ensure we could stay the extra nite in our room.
Not to forget the dining staff receptionist and supervisor who, when I mentioned a small problem with the breakfast room service, undertook to correct the problem next morning! First class!
Beds good, dog friendly room very satisfactory, clean , bright. Great burger in cafe. Room attendants very friendly and did a very good job.
We travel a lot and have learned to expect some problems with our accomodation. This one was a wonderful experience.
Mind you, it helps to have a great looking pooch along as she certainly brings out the best in people.
Definitely will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your generous feedback, I am certainly pleased to see our team had such a great impact on your stay. We pride ourselves on our genuine customer service therefore it is always so nice to see these kinds of comments. We look forward to welcoming you and your Sheltie back soon. You're right about the pooch comment, we love dogs!
ladysmith, bc, canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at the Grand Okanagan for three nights from April 27th to 30th for the BCAHA Conference. I had booked our rooms a year in advance and made room requests at that time. One request is that we be placed in the South Tower that is closest to the Conference Centre. Other requests included that we be on the same floor and close to an elevator. We were all on the 7th floor and close to the elevator in the North Tower so a bit of a walk to the Conference facilities. I had also been in contact with the Hotel – giving all the pre-registration information for room assignments so that we would have an expedited check in. We arrived on a bus with 45 occupants after a 12 hour journey and I knew we would be very tired.
I was assured that our keys would be done and in one package for me to hand out. This was not done and check-in was not as easy as I had tried to make it. We arrived at 5:30 and two of our rooms were not available…… another little hiccup.
Once we got to our rooms we were happy and settled in for the next three days.
We all were very pleased with our rooms and were well taken care of for the next three days. We mostly ate at the hotel – Grand Bay Café – and were very pleased with the food. Our waitress for breakfast and lunch each day was Diane and treated us all like princesses. The hostess, Irene, made sure we had our table in Diane’s section each day and treated us like family. Those two are treasures and we all said we hope to go back to the Okanagan just to see them.
The conference facilities were some of the better ones we have had and the banquet dinner was excellent.
Check out was a breeze and the hotel manager came to the bus to say goodbye and bring our little group water and treats for the way home. We left the hotel with fond memories of a very good time and a comfortable stay.
The only negatives were the check in process and the wifi kept kicking me off every hour and I had to keep signing in.

Room Tip: If you are travelling for a conference ask for South Tower room...... You will save a lot of walking
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the highlights and concerns of your stay. I do apologize if we were not able to meet your demands in terms of room location, I can only imagine it was due to room type availability as we can usually accommodate most requests. I am, however, pleased to see you enjoyed your conference and overall stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cedric Younge
Vancouver Island, BC
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was here for 3 nights, and I have to say that from the reservation desk, servers in the dining room, to housekeeping every one was pleasant,and very accommodating. it was great to have specials for lunch and dinner for the delegates...good marketing !! The meals were excellent with great presentation...The cauliflower soup was awesome. The chef is a keeper...the servers went out of their way to make sure that our group was looked after. I especially appreciated the extra security with the elevators. Thanks Delta for looking after us so well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nadi B
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Nadi,

Thank you for your comments. We loved hosting your conference and it sounds like you made the most of your time, I hope you didn't work too hard. I will tell the Chef his job is safe.

Thanks

Jeff
Keremeos
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We usually stay at Deltas in Canada for our personal travel but had to attend a conference that was held at the Delta Grand Okanagan and I am was impressed that their business clients are treated with the same superior customer service that is shown to their tourism clients. All of the staff from the valet to the caterers were the utmost professionals. Other chains would be well served to take page from Delta. The rooms are exceptional in this particular Delta, especially the massive bathroom and the desk designed for the business executive. Inviting, meticulously clean and modern. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for making our hotel your top choice while staying in Kelowna! We value all of our guests, whether they are staying with us on business or leisure and I thank you for recognizing that. It should be that way no matter where you stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon, perhaps for a leisure trip where you can experience more of what the hotel and Kelowna have to offer.

Kind Regards,
Allison
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If your heading to the Kelowna area, this hotel is amust stay, from the beautiful building, to the great staff which go out of their way to help you, to the stunning backdrop of the lake and mountains, this place is a must stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DeltaDGO, Social Media Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Rob

I'm so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to have some great interactions with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Allison