“What the heck”

Prestige Beach House
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 27 October 2012

1: so over priced it will make you cry once you arrive.
Rooms; size is great, BUT: the wall paper is falling off and tapped with masking tape - my my how unprofessional, how cheap can a chain be. Oh yes, I wonder how many dogs had pooped in my room, the carpet had more stains on it then the dive they call a pub attached to the inn.
Service: hummm, everything is closed until five, so don't try to eat or have a glass of wine, before the facilities open up.
Oh yes sleep, - was that the people next door rolling over, no it was the one little heater banging through the night.
the view, ok a back alley filled with the local drug dealers and - I will stop there.. by the way the other side faced a four lane highway.
on a good note, the bed was comfortable, except for the excessive amounts of bleach added to the sheets and pillow slips.
What did i like: Nothing, it was totally over rated and extremely over priced.
OH yes 5 more buck just to park your car at a motel that calls itself an inn. ----- Ya right.
one extremely disappointed client.This place does not deserve a rating.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank archfor
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Our most sincere apologies that your experience with us was below our standards. We are currently working on upgrading our facilities and are pleased to welcome a new General Manager who is working hard to bring our staff training and service levels up to Prestige standards, this includes the operators of our food and beverage facilities. Unfortunately, highway noise is out of our control and many guests appreciate the convenience of our location both to the highway and the downtown area that offers many unique shopping boutiques, dining options, and cultural opportunities. I will send you a private message to request more information and will appreciate your assistance. We always appreciate guest feedback and hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

This hotel has a great location right opposite the park and the beach, and was easy to find. The room was modern, clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. Check in was quick and easy. Nice, helpful lady on reception. The only problem was the noise coming from everywhere! We heard all the noise from the corridor outside (including people running up and down the corridor, shouting, screaming and messing about in the middle of the night. Then there was the noise coming from the room next door every time someone had a shower. The first time it happened I thought our shower had turned itself on it was so loud - expecially when the person next door was having a shower at 1am! Unfortunately it was even noisy from above - every time someone moved in the room above we'd hear it so all in all we didn't get 3 very good nights sleep. The best part of the hotel is the Avenue bar attached to the hotel. Friendly staff, good food and beer. Didn't like the nearby shelter much or the shady characters hanging around just around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhianapritchard
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

We really appreciate your compliments on our location, accommodations, and superb staff. I apologize your stay was disrupted by noise. As a downtown hotel, external noise can be an issue but I will work with our team to modify our systems to better control the internal noise. We hope that on your next stay with us, you will have a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

After (by mistake) leaving behind an article of clothing, I had requested that they mail it out to me ASAP. They replied by telling me that they would send it out to me VIA "greyhound bus" COD .. to the nearest one to me, I had informed them that this would be impossible & that they needed to mail it out to me, that this would be the ONLY way for me to get it back. Just recently they sent me a request that I provide them with my credit card info so they could send out the item to me, well i just had to tell them that it would NOT be happening period‼

As for the over all stay it was acceptable, the food was slow & pathetic in taste (not worth the wait). This place is NOT on my list of *must stays* ~ as a person that knows what "customer satisfaction" IS, they however do NOT ... do not expect ANYTHING from them IF you happen to by mistake leave something behind!!!!

Room Tip: AVOID this place at all costs‼‼‼ Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not satisfied with our efforts to return your forgotten item. I will send you a private message to get more information so hopefully I assist with this misunderstanding. As we are always striving to give good service to our guests, I will work with our management team to review our policies regarding return of lost and found items.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

This hotel was great, didn't need to walk into the lobby to get to our rooms. Swimming pool and hot tub was nice as well. Great for a weekend of partying. Lots of rooms with double beds and a pullout couch. Really close to the nightclubs here as well. Staff was great. Hotel restaurant was overpriced for entrees and drinks. Overall, great place to stay with friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank yummyinmytummy88

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us on your getaway to Kelowna. Our staff will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. They look forward to welcoming back on your visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at the Prestige Inn for 3 nights in the middle of July. We went for a wedding, and this was one of the suggested hotels. For $150/night it seemed like a deal compared to the Delta, which was twice the price, so we booked the Prestige. When we arrived, check-in was quick. My boyfriend had a broken leg, which they could clearly see, and he was on crutches and not all that mobile... and yet when we got to our room, we found out that the room closely resembled a small walk-in closet. I am not kidding. The wall at the foot of the bed was sloped upwards so that to walk around the bed, you actually had to bend over, which is not the easiest for someone on crutches (I have attached pictures to show you). We weren't planning on spending a lot of time in the room, but it would have been nice to have a room which you can walk around freely. Our friends got a wheelchair accessible room and it really was not much better, and since the hotel was full, our chance of switching a room was gone.
They have tried to update the rooms, as the bathroom sink, shower and bed had some modern improvements, but the rooms are still old and small. Besides crawling on the floor to get around the bed, the view from the patio doors was awful. Obviously we didn't book the hotel for a view, but for some reason the entire balcony was covered in some type of fishing net/mesh. It made you feel like you were caught in a net at all times. Not sure if this was to keep out the homeless people from the shelter right beside the hotel, or keep the guests from jumping off the balcony when they realize how awful their hotel room was. You also look right at the strip club the next block over. Parking was $5 per night.
The only positive about this hotel is the location, which I assume is why they can still charge what they do. Its right across the street from the park and beach on Lake Okanagon, and it is in walking distances of all the bars, shopping, and eating you want. If you book this hotel, make sure to spend lots of time enjoying beautiful Kelowna, and very little time in your room. I will definitely be traveling back to Kelowna soon as I fell in love with the city, but I'd book any other hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the corners of the building as the walls are sloped and you can barely move...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

I apologize that you had a challenging stay with us. As a downtown hotel, there are many nights that we fill up. Without prior notice to reserve a handicap accessible room, one may not always be available at check in. We are thankful you appreciated our room updates and our great location. We hope that we will have the opportunity to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed 3 nights here. Very helpful and friendly staff, easy to find, parking provided. Room was clean, well equipped and spacious. The hotel was within walking distance of all the attractions in the city and an easy drive to the Fab Five Winery trail.Even had an indoor swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your compliments. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and all the local sights and amenities that Downtown Kelowna has to offer. We hope that on your next visit to Kelowna we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Our family stayed at the Prestige this past Sunday night. Our kids loved being across the street from the beach, playground and water park. My husband and I enjoyed being so close to great restaurants and shops. The hotel feels modern, the décor nice. The girl at the front desk was polite & friendly. We will gladly be back to the Prestige next time we are in Kelowna.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you so much for your compliments. We love our great downtown location and are very pleased you were able to take advantage of all the local amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Kelowna.