“OK for a stop-over”

Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here in a 3rd floor room for 7 nights in August. Room was pretty basic but clean.
We really only needed it to sleep as we spent very little time at the Hotel. Our big problem was very low sleep quality due to the old air-conditioning units in the rooms. It was really hot so you needed them to run all night but because they are so old, they are really noisy and really didn't work very well. I queried the front desk and they sent somebody up straight away, but he said that it was normal for all the rooms there. They are apparently in the process of replacing them with newer units, but it was of no good to us.
Proximity to shops over the road was very convenient and we ate at Milestones which is directly across the road several times.
Staff were friendly and as helpful as they could be.
The property could do with a facelift as it is showing signs of age as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an new air-conditioning unit
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that you were disrupted by the air conditioning, but they all make a certain amount of noise when they cycle on and off.
I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly helpful staff. We hope to see you back in Kelowna soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently stayed a couple of nights at the Ramada in Kelowna. Overall, it was a good experience. It's in a central location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is showing signs of wear (i.e. worn carpet, stains on the walls) but it was clean for the most part.

I found this hotel to be a little bit pricey for what we actually got ($220/night for a room with two queen size beds). But I guess in a touristy city like Kelowna they can get away with charging these kinds of prices. Also, the bottled water that they leave in the rooms is not complimentary. It's $2.50 per bottle.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. I will follow up on the items that you mentioned. You are correct that we are a tourist town and prices in the city reflect demand. Our prices will vary based on this. While we do provide good value at any time, you can get exceptional value by traveling on non peak days and less busy months. You can check the Ramada website for pricing.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Used for a stop over during a tour... room was clean and tidy and served the purpose. Unfortunately well out of town which was a shame as would have liked to see lakeside but time was tight. Breakfast was good and hotel staff were helpful. Adjacent to a very busy highway and road crossings are an "experience"... Mention as a problem if not that sprightly or have kids that aren't street wise! This is obviously an issue outside of the hotel's control.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Although we are not on the lake, we are actually in the center of town within walking distance of a movie theater, dozens of restaurants and hundreds of shops and stores. A light controlled pedestrian crosswalk is located right on the east side of our property, so crossing the street is actually quite easy. The countdown timer on the crosswalk also makes it extremely safe.
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in Kelowna and hope that you take the opportunity to return and spend more time exploring our beautiful city.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Aug 10 2014 my Wife & I were Guests of The Day. The up-graded room, Loft Suite, was very impressive. The only aspect of the room (352) was that the king size bed [Really Comfy] is on the upper level and the bathroom is on the main level. The next morning when Nova asked how we enjoyed the upgraded room I was quite satisfied however my Wife, although she really appreciated the up-grade, asked if we could have a room that had the bedroom and bathroom on the same level. Nova was on the request in a heart beat and had a room and a baggage cart to our room to facilitate our request. I also wish to extend an expression of gratitude to Jeremy at the front desk on Wed. Aug 13 approx. 12 noon. We were checking out and Jeremy was dealing with a group of 5 or 6 people. As I overheard the conversations, this group seemed to have booked only one large room and then expected to get 2 or 3 rooms at the last minute. I was standing off to the side when Jeremy explained that the group would be patient he would find them the extra rooms they expected while he checked me out. It was better that Jeremy was dealing with these arrogant individuals rather than I, for after listening to their self-centered attitude I would have very cheerfully told them to take their attitude and baggage to down the street to the Sandman or Dilworth. I do hope you extend my appreciation to Nova, Jeremy and the housekeeping staff of the 3rd. & 2nd. floors of the tower. I will also be posting a review on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for your glowing review! I am very proud of our team and the great work that they do.I appreciate you taking the time to post your compliments. I will definitely pass on your praise to all of the individuals involved.
Thank you again and hope to see you back at the Kelowna Ramada again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

They were great for accommodating us! We went to "Boonstock" before kelowna and we ended up showing up before check-in. They knew we were just dirty and tired from camping and they found us a room right away. The room was clean and we were on the ground floor so we also had a back door and parked right in front. The ramada is directly across from the orchard park mall, and they have a pool and hot tub! I'd definitely stay here again! No complaints.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SMartindale, General Manager at Ramada Kelowna Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm sure you were tired after Boonstock. I heard it was quite an event. While we cannot guarantee a room when you arrive early, my team will do what they can to accommodate your requests. We are happy that we could make your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Arrived here as part of a large tour group, hot and tired as temperatures were high 80s. Queuing for the lift, I jokingly asked a travel companion to line up a cold beer for me at the bar. Two minutes after putting my bag down in my room, there was a knock on the door. It was the manager bringing two ice cold beers on a tray. When I said that I hadn't ordered them, he said we looked hot and thirsty, he'd overheard my joke and was bringing them for us to enjoy. THAT'S customer service! This would have been a five star review even without this lovely surprise. The hotel is very friendly, with good size, spotlessly clean rooms and bathrooms. Wonderful comfortable beds with super comfy pillows. Super fast free wifi, no nonsense, no silly passwords on scrappy bits of paper. All amenities to make life easier - fridge, coffee maker, kettle, iron, super hairdryer etc. We ate in Mickies pub and had an excellent, very reasonably priced meal. There is a supermarket just across the road for supplies. A super hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Wow! What a fantastic review. Thank you for your positive comments. I agree that we have a wonderful team here at the Kelowna Ramada. I'm glad that we could provide the product and service to make your stay memorable. That is our ultimate goal.
Thank you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Located 5 minutes east of downtown on route 97 makes this a great spot, close enough to the center, and far enough to have peace and quiet.

There's plenty pf parking the staff was friendly and efficient, check in was a breeze. Our room was large and clean with a separate restroom and sink area. Your typical chain hotel.
Hint:
A room facing the parking lot will be a bit quieter that on the main road, but it's probably not much of an issue. Decent on site restaurant and outside pub type eatery as well..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your glowing review. We are situated on Highway 97 in the center of town and this makes an ideal location with easy access. None of our guest rooms face the highway, so highway noise is seldom a factor.
I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy Mickies Patio during your stay. It is one of the nicest patios in the city and the flowers are all in full bloom at the moment. (and the food is fantastic)
Thank you again for your comments.