“Brutal”

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Calgary
“Brutal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

Room was tiny and noisy. The toilet was broken, and the air conditioning was a foot away from the bed, and didn't work. Brutal considering it was 32 C outside. The last straw was when my 4 year old found a previous guest's pills on the floor. I complained to the desk staff and they told me "Oh yeah, that room has some problems". I'm done with Super 8's and this hotel was by far the worst I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2008

We had booked two nights and left after the first night.

The hotel is clean, but rooms are small, and noisy being so close to a main road. The noise was very loud in the morning. The continental breakfast was not great.

Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2007

The room was very small , one of the beds was just inches away from a very noisy air conditioner, so close you could adjust the settings from the bed. The staff I found were not willing to work with you. The rooms needed some TLC or someone to check after cleaning staff had finished. It seemed they only did basics and if you don't keep up, you are left with so -so cleanliness. Perhaps we had a bad room. We were to be staying for approx 10 days in the Kelowna area, thats why I said the staff wouldn't work with you, I had mentioned this, one would think a hotel would want to keep two seniors for that duration, but they would 'nt even try to show us another room, maybe a little nicer or roomier would have made us happy. I had a chance to peek at another room it was larger and seemed cleaner.... but they wouldn't move us...so we stayed only one of the 10 nights and found something that satisied us. It was a tad more $$ but well worth it We have stayed in other Super 8's this Super 8 is not up to the standards of a "chain" hotel.
P+S from Ontario Canada.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank soo4you
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2007

My husband and I stayed here on the August long weekend. We had read past reviews and decided to book here. We were not disappointed.

Our room was small but clean and the a/c worked. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was what we were expecting for what we were paying (bagels, toast, muffins, cereal and juice-they had run out of apples).

Thanks to the previous reviews that helped us decide where to stay while we were in Kelowna.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — Ran out of fruit for breakfast
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Westerwald
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2007

The Super 8 Kelowna is an average hotel/motel. It is not bad but absolutely not great. You really get what you pay for. Everything is clean but our room was really really small, very dark and dated. Price was ok, staff friendly and the breakfast really good. Do not expect too much and you will not be disappointed. But don't stay here if you suffer from claustrophobia!

• Liked — breakfast, staff
  • Disliked — room small and dark
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Caledon, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2007

Our room was small, but clean. The bathroom looked recently renovated so very clean and fresh. This motel is an excellent bargain for the overnight or short stay trip. Close to the airport and shopping. The noise from the highway was not a factor. The pool and hottub looked clean and maintained, but we did not have an opportunity to use it. The front staff was very courteous and helpful. Great stay!!

Stayed June 2007
North Vancouver, BC Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2006

This is a nice motel to stay at, has above average rooms at a good price. As a business traveller thats all I could ask for.

I normally stay at a Holiday Inn or a Best Western. This trip I decided to give the motels a try. Having spent the previous night at a substandard motel in Kamloops, I was not sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The Good-
1) The front desk gave a me a better rate than what I had booked at.
2) The room was clean with updated fixtures.
3) The bed had clean and fresh covers.

The Not So Good-
1) The room was a little small, but that wasn't a problem as I was travelling alone.
2) They should change their ironing boards to the full size ones from the little mini ones that you use on top of a table. I find it hard to iron on them.

Over all a nice place to stay and is recommended.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Lack of staff
  • Tips/Secrets — You may get better rate by calling the motel than booking online
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business