“Nothing fancy, but clean.”
Review of Super 8 Kelowna BC

Super 8 Kelowna BC
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
“Nothing fancy, but clean.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for one night while wine touring. The staff were very friendly. The room was small and older but was clean. The complimentary breakfast was good too. The only downside was the pillows. Woke up with a sore neck.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelley W, Owner at Super 8 Kelowna BC, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible, I di apologize that the pillow was not to your liking.

Have a Super day,

Kelley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Vancouver
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at the Super 8 for two nights while in Kelowna visiting.

I have stayed at Super 8's before and like them for short stays because they are clean, comfortable and include a Continental Breakfast. (which we find convenient) However, I couldn't help but feel this hotel fell short in a few areas.

The downside: the beds, (ordinarily quite comfortable at this chain), left us tossing and turning. (way too soft, so maybe a personal preference) The pillows were flat and the air conditioner quite loud.

The room was small with very thin walls. (we could hear the TV next door and the pipes "knocking" when water was used in other rooms) We were also awakened by a group of young work men in the room next door at 3 am when they came home. (out for the night? all I know is the the woman they were with couldn't have been any louder!) Not the hotel's fault, but the parking lot had several work trucks parked there, so be prepared to share the hotel with younger work crews, (and in our case), inconsiderate. A shame because the room itself was located in a quiet area of the hotel and the first night reflected that.

On the plus side: The staff were friendly and did deal with the noise complaint right away. In fact they went to the room and the noise ceased immediately! A big thank you to the staff for that, although it was next to impossible to get back to sleep after all the ruckus.

The breakfast was good, continental, but more then enough for us. (it included hard boiled eggs, which was a nice bonus for continental)

The pool/hot tub area was quite pleasant. Surrounded with trees and shrubs it offered a private little oasis in the middle of the hotel. (outside, so seasonal) The location is convenient, right on Harvey, (which is Hwy. 97), and close to shopping, restaurants etc. A short drive and you are downtown.

The room was clean, and the showers hot. There was a coffee maker, (one cup at a time, which could be improved on), and also had a small fridge, which was great for cold drinks. It included free WiFi.

All in all I suppose you get what you pay for, however I have definitely stayed at much better Super 8's for the price. (we paid over a $100.00 a night, but summers in Kelowna don't come cheap!)

I don't like to give poor reviews, but I doubt I will be going back anytime soon. If you are on the road and passing through, it may be okay, but if you plan on staying longer, pay a bit more and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet. The front of the hotel faces the Hwy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelley W, Owner at Super 8 Kelowna BC, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for your feedback. Your comments are our most important tool in running a good motel.

I am sorry that you didn't find the bed comfortable, we have some beds that are firm and some that are soft and we do try to match people up with the correct mattress. A call to the desk and we could have moved you to a room with a more firm mattress. As for the noisy neighbours, I apologize for that and I am happy that we were able to silence them for you.

I am glad that you enjoyed our pool, we do get guests back year after year to sit by the pool.
Kelowna is a very busy spot in the summer and the rates do increase, if you ever have the chance to come to Kelowna between October and April, we offer great off season rates. We also have ski packages too.

If you decide to come back, book with me directly and I will make sure you have a wonderful stay with us.

Have a Super week,

bed and our breakfast,
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location, clean comfortable hotel with good breakfast. The staff were helpful and efficient. The room was the last available and was right next to reception. It was fine. The wifi was good. We were able to explore Kelowna by car, and walk to restaurants. The swimming pool was nice, with pool towels available.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelley W, Owner at Super 8 Kelowna BC, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thanks for your stay at Kelowna Super 8. We do our best to provide a comfortable, clean and friendly experience at a fair and competitive price. I am glad you were able to make it in time to get the last room and I really hope we can welcome you again soon.

Thanks again,

Saskatoon
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel gets a positive 3 star based on my stay. Our room was very dated (32" flatscreen hasn't made it to this room yet, though I saw it in others) Generally small and well used room. Clean upon arrival, and for the first couple of days. Housekeeping took a dramatic downturn on day 3 which we ignored, but I invited the manager in on day 4 to see what the situation was. He was very apologetic regarding the inexperienced staff member and redid our room personally. The pool and hot tub area was very nice and extremely well maintained, as were the grounds and lobby. Staff were very nice. Bluetail Sushi restaurant next door is fantastic!

Room Tip: We were ground level near the pool entrance which was convenient.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kelley W, Owner at Super 8 Kelowna BC, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hi, Thanks for choosing to stay with us while in Kelowna. I am pleased that you found the grounds and pool area well maintained, Richard works very hard at keeping things tidy. We only have 2 rooms on the ground floor that haven't got the 32" tvs installed yet and after today there will only be one. If you come back next year we will have them all in. Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about housekeeping, we did have 3 new girls that didn't get trained properly and speaking to you helped us pinpoint it and make sure they learned what they were missing.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it really helps us run a better business!

Have a Super summer,