“Nothing fancy, just clean”
Review of Super 8 Kelowna BC

Super 8 Kelowna BC
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Calgary, Alberta
“Nothing fancy, just clean”
Reviewed 6 August 2006

If you're looking for a place that's just clean, then this is the place for you. It's not fancy and the price reflects it. We stayed here one night, and only for the reason that the room is older I would not stay again.

We paid $90 Canadian which was one of the cheaper rates in the area. The hotel has wireless internet (though I think are room was too far because it didn't work for us, but when we drove up closer to the lobby it was perfect), has an outdoor pool with patio and jacuzzi, and a free continental breakfast.

The bathroom is quite old as was the mattress. The location is awesome, right off the main road, restaurants and shopping galore.

All in all, nothing bad to say about the place, but just a basic, clean motel.

1 Thank PB69

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2006

close to everything i was looking for. love to shop in kelowna, love the price. found deal in local paper. hot tub ready for the kids to use. pool not up and running yet hope it is ready for may, we will stay there always from now on. the kids loved the wild rabbits every where. i am sure if they could get one they would want to bring it home. thank god they are fast. great morning coffee also.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Oliver
Reviewed 31 January 2006

I was there for on night and I loved it.. Very clean!!!!! Very nice staff!!!! Very nice rooms!!!!! I enjoyed my visit.. Will I go back... Why yes I will

Stayed January 2006
1 Thank Dustin H
Chicago
Reviewed 2 August 2005

I stayed in the Super 8 in July, 2005.

I usually avoid Super 8's, but I was trying to save a little money and it was the cheapest place in town. I wish now that I would have spent the extra $20 and stayed in a better place.

This motel is located on the main highway 97, a few miles east of the lake and downtown. A few miles seemed insignificant when I booked the room, but the traffic in town and all of the stoplights made it a nightmare to get back and forth. When I was driving into Kelowna from Vancouver, it took me 90 minutes to drive the last 10 miles across the bridge and into town, and then another half hour to drive to the hotel. Bumper to Bumper! I couldn't believe it.

There are all of the big box stores and franchise restaurants on Hwy 97, and also it's a major highway and truck route, so add the tourist traffic and that's why it's hard to drive around in the summer.

The motel itself is pretty much the standard Super 8; small and very basic. It was clean, but that's about the best thing I can say about it. It was hard to get into the parking lot from 97; coming from town, you have to drive past it to the next stoplight and then turn around.

If you are planning a vacation in Kelowna, which is a very nice little town, I would seriously recommend that you stay somewhere close to the downtown/lake area. I drove down by the Siesta and the Sandlewood, and it was a much quieter and nicer area close to the lake and without the traffic. I can't comment on the motels there, but they can't be any worse than the Super 8, and the hassle that it will save you is worth any sacrifice.

• Stayed July 2005