“Fun for the family”
Review of Okanagan Stables

Okanagan Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE... Horseback Riding at it's best since 1987! From novice to advanced rider, for children as young as 2 years old to seniors all are welcome! Whether you simply would like to meet the horses, learn about the grooming and saddling, improve your horsemanship skills or just enjoy this beautiful area on horseback, we can create the right experience for you. Riders of different skill levels can be accommodated in the same group. OUR MOST POPULAR PROGRAM IN JULY AND AUGUST IS THE RIDE AND SWIM AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO RIDE OR SWIM!!
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The demo and pre-training was excellent and insightful. Both of my daughters, ages 10 and 12, along with myself, were taken care of by the friendly guides. The horses were very tame and responded well to us beginners. The guides were also kind enough to take pictures of us with my camera and set us up for some nice poses on the horses. After the demo and pre-training (about 45 minutes or so) we went on the 1.5 hour trail to the river, which was very beautiful. A well spent adventure and some great memories for the kids!

2  Thank Rayrock3

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

It was my 17th birthday and my family and I came to Kelowna to celebrate it. Since I have my own horse at home, I decided swimming with horses would be a great idea! It's good because the instructors are super flexible with different levels of riding and they were very friendly and welcoming. Swimming part of the whole ride was the best part! The lake was very warm and the horses seemed to enjoy it quite a bit ! It was very fun splashing around in the water . It would be fun to do it again!

1  Thank VikaSavichev
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband, two dtrs (7 and 10 year old) and myself were pleasantly spoiled by Peter, Christina, Linda, Nicole, and Anja. We had one on one lesson on safety and mounting and postioning for riding. It is quite apparent that the owners are concerned about safety for not only the customer but for the horses as well. They take pride in their work and want to ensure an enjoyable ride. Although Peter mentors his workers - it is in a caring, educational way that both the customer and employee benefit. It was the most enjoyable day of our holiday. By the time we left - it was like we had a new family and we can't wait to return again!!! Well worth the money. Very affordable for what you get!!!!! Thanks so much for a memorable day!!!!

1  Thank Janice A
Reviewed 13 July 2013

When planning our trip this summer, we wanted to go horseback riding. This was a first for the whole family. We chose Okanagan Stables and are extremely happy we did! Safety being a priority, we started by getting to know our horse. Along with our own instructor, we fed, brushed and saddled our horse. We then learned the basics of riding. Peter and the other instructors are excellent!!! The trails are beautiful and the horses are great. Thanks to all for a wonderful experience!