“Experience of a Lifetime”
Review of Okanagan Stables

Okanagan Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE... Horseback Riding at it's best since 1987! From novice to advanced rider, for children as young as 2 years old to seniors all are welcome! Whether you simply would like to meet the horses, learn about the grooming and saddling, improve your horsemanship skills or just enjoy this beautiful area on horseback, we can create the right experience for you. Riders of different skill levels can be accommodated in the same group. OUR MOST POPULAR PROGRAM IN JULY AND AUGUST IS THE RIDE AND SWIM AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO RIDE OR SWIM!!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Experience of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is the third year we have ridden with Peter. Oh sure he can be rough around the edges but really, people need to get over that. My four year old daughter had the time of her life. She received nothing but kindness and respect from Peter and all of his staff. It was the perfect amount of time in the ring, on the trail and in the lake. We will be dropping in again and again and again as long as Peter keeps working. The smile on my daughters face was evidence enough for me. Thanks also to Carla who led Gracie through the afternoon.

Visited July 2014

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our girls had a great time! Loved it! A highlight our our trip!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We weren't sure what to expect when we booked swimming with the horses for our daughters as part of our family vacation in Kelowna. Ends up it was great! My girls had a great time. We found the staff and owner to be knowledgeable and friendly. There initial training helped both my girls feel comfortable on the horses before taking them on the trail ride and swim in the lake. My daughters said swimming with the horses was "FANTASTIC", "AWESOME" & "AMAZING". This was definitely a highlight of our trip.

Visited August 2014
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Marissa's 15th Birthday Day Party”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my very first real horseback riding trip. Peter made it amazing for my friends and I. We had a amazing time. Peter's personality was entertaining which made it even better. I would for sure come back again and we are planning to sometime soon. Thank you Peter for making this the best. We will see you soon!

Visited August 2014
Sherwood Park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Save your money...”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We had called ahead to make reservations for our ride. Was told it would roughly be a 2hr trip. The 1st hr was mostly spent on the owner training his staff. His unique fowl mouth way of training was entertaining, but I felt bad for the staff. The pamphlet was miss leading... It says horseback riding. It was actually horseback leading. A instructor guided each horse from the road, down to the lake. Have done horseback riding in the past with similar terrain, so was expecting horseback riding, not leading... That's when we realized, it's time to go. We did watch a bit of the horse swimming. We thought it would be more of a walk through the water on our own horse, not holding onto a horses tail. Thanks Peter for your time, but not what we were looking for or expected...

4 Thank GenePeter
PeterO695, Owner at Okanagan Stables, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
you know Gene i was not going to respond to your comments but i cant help myself . The lady with you had not ridden much and she was quite pleased about the leading part when i discussed it with her ,i do not have an extra staff leading horses ON FOOT cause they like hiking ..."walk through the water on our own horse " that is not swimming with horses and if you would have stuck around for the whole demo you would have noticed the tail swim is a practice move for the mane swim and much more ,all of which you missed . We don't charge up front ! you pay after for a REASON!!!! In your case i wish otherwise and have gladly send you on your way with your money in my pocket after you gave my staff the B,S. about some boat reservation . hope you had a nice hike back .
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Thank You! for the great experience! The trail ride wasn't anything special but swimming with the horse was spectacular! Owner was great and knew exactly what he was doing.

Read a lot of the reviews before we went. For anyone who reads these, the owner is not rude in anyway to his customers or staff, he is firm. He has to be firm since he is working with 1000+lbs animals that can endanger his staff and his customers.

And he does train his staff while with his customers. What's wrong with that? If he doesn't train them, they will never learn!

All in all, A FANTASTIC experience!

4 Thank Justin C