“The food and the first server were excellent!! The second... Not so much.”
Review of The Greenroom - CLOSED

The Greenroom
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“The food and the first server were excellent!! The second... Not so much.”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I'm from out of town and stumbled upon this place, with a little help from TA. I was coming for a late lunch and dining solo. My original waitress was fabulous- offered me a few local magazines (so I didn't feel awkward being alone) made small chit chat, recommended some different menu items that fit my dietary needs. She appeared to enjoy her job, even singing quietly to the music occasionally- with a lovely voice. I would have easily tipped her 20+%. Food was great- chicken ciabatta with Brie and strawberry salsa- cheese melted, bread still crisp and fresh. Very good! Atmosphere was chill, clean and unique.
I will say, I was disappointed when my original waitress was done her shift... The second waitress was brutal. Ignored me for most of the time and was pretty clueless. I didn't want to leave her a dime...

Kelowna
“Love The Greenroom”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband and I have been to The Greenroom a few times now - just the two of us and with friends. It is a cozy, busy and delicious little spot with fresh food and great local wines. It reminds me of the little bistros you can find in major European cities - a real hidden gem!

I should note that part of the reason I'm writing this is that my husband and I were in the restaurant the night the reviewer jwf67, who wrote "Stay away at all costs", was and quite frankly her review is totally unfair and a total exaggeration. I would think after making such a drunken fool of herself publicly at the restaurant she would move on, but apparently not. jwf67 made a huge scene that night, she gave her poor young waitress an absolute verbal lashing in front of the entire room, went around telling fellow customers to leave and then refused to let her husband pay the bill before storming out. The entire staff (who were just lovely) looked mortified. I suppose it's just as well that she didn't like The Greenroom, now future quality customers will be able to enjoy themselves without someone so tacky making a totally unecessary scene.

• Visited November 2012
BC
“Stay away at all costs.”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We waited 20 minutes from when we sat down to when we got our waitress to speak to us. When we finally ordered, we ended up leaving after an hour and fifteen minute wait. No entrees ever appeared and the manager argued with us over how busy they were. We eat out often and thought we would try the green room. Big mistake. Worst customer service that we have ever experienced. The management was so rude I am still in shock.

Vernon, Canada
“A cosy place for dinner”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We visited the Greenroom on Saturday October the 27th. 2012 We decided on the restaurant because of it's close location to the Actors Studio.
We ordered the Sizzling Shrimp appetizer which was excellent. For dinner we had a Rock fish and a special which was a pasta dish with shrimps and calamari. The rock fish was well presented and tasty. My special was good but not enough seafood. Too expensive for a dish of pasta. We had a 1/2 l of house wine which was delicious, unfortunately it was served with glasses that are more suited to stick flowers in it then drink wine from. They are also very hard to clean. For dessert we had a cheesecake and a Spanish coffee.
We expected a better selection of desserts, Factory made cheesecake just does not do it for me.
The coffee was good but not hot. It was served from a Thermos. For reference they do not keep the coffee hot!
The chairs and benches were not very comfortable for a leisurely dinner.
Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. All in all not a bad evening

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank swissboy43
Canada
“Hidden Gem in Kelowna”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This beautiful restaurant is tucked away from the main downtown area in Kelowna and it is a treasure. The patio is surrounded by plants and it is so very quiet! After fighting patio crowds in the loud, busy waterfront area, we were thrilled to find this place thanks to Urbanspoon. The menu is delicious, service is very pleasant and they cater to gluten free. A perfect oasis away from the crowds.

• Visited August 2012