“disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Greenroom - CLOSED

The Greenroom
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
West Kelowna, Canada
“disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

My wife and I had dinner there for the first - and the last - time.
My chicken souvlaki had absolutely no taste at all. The chicken breast was clean and white with no sign of any seasoning or grill marks.
My wife's steak was not much better. Very sad.
If you like pretty presentations, you'll love this place.
If you are looking for tasty food, search on!
The live music was very good, though.

• Visited April 2013

Kelowna, Canada
“Great way to being in the spring...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Two girlfriends and I enjoyed a lovely lunch here in March. We sat outside, had great food and service and took in some much needed sun. Thanks for a nice afternoon. Delicious food, lots of variety.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“The food and the first server were excellent!! The second... Not so much.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I'm from out of town and stumbled upon this place, with a little help from TA. I was coming for a late lunch and dining solo. My original waitress was fabulous- offered me a few local magazines (so I didn't feel awkward being alone) made small chit chat, recommended some different menu items that fit my dietary needs. She appeared to enjoy her job, even singing quietly to the music occasionally- with a lovely voice. I would have easily tipped her 20+%. Food was great- chicken ciabatta with Brie and strawberry salsa- cheese melted, bread still crisp and fresh. Very good! Atmosphere was chill, clean and unique.
I will say, I was disappointed when my original waitress was done her shift... The second waitress was brutal. Ignored me for most of the time and was pretty clueless. I didn't want to leave her a dime...

Kelowna
“Love The Greenroom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband and I have been to The Greenroom a few times now - just the two of us and with friends. It is a cozy, busy and delicious little spot with fresh food and great local wines. It reminds me of the little bistros you can find in major European cities - a real hidden gem!

I should note that part of the reason I'm writing this is that my husband and I were in the restaurant the night the reviewer jwf67, who wrote "Stay away at all costs", was and quite frankly her review is totally unfair and a total exaggeration. I would think after making such a drunken fool of herself publicly at the restaurant she would move on, but apparently not. jwf67 made a huge scene that night, she gave her poor young waitress an absolute verbal lashing in front of the entire room, went around telling fellow customers to leave and then refused to let her husband pay the bill before storming out. The entire staff (who were just lovely) looked mortified. I suppose it's just as well that she didn't like The Greenroom, now future quality customers will be able to enjoy themselves without someone so tacky making a totally unecessary scene.

• Visited November 2012
BC
“Stay away at all costs.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

We waited 20 minutes from when we sat down to when we got our waitress to speak to us. When we finally ordered, we ended up leaving after an hour and fifteen minute wait. No entrees ever appeared and the manager argued with us over how busy they were. We eat out often and thought we would try the green room. Big mistake. Worst customer service that we have ever experienced. The management was so rude I am still in shock.

• 2 of 5 bubbles