“Great Service in a Relaxed Atmosphere. Fantastic Food.”
Review of Ora Restaurant - CLOSED

Ora Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This place is great. Such a nice laid back atmosphere with staff who are real people and not just chain restaurant robots. It's a good versatile place to eat out as well. Or just to have a few drinks and watch a hockey game. I've taken the wife's parents here for a fancy dinner, but I've also been in for after work drinks with the guys. I've had the Tuna Tataki so many times I think I might be growing gills :) I would say that I'm a regular here and to anyone who has never been before, this place is truly a hidden gem in the Kelowna dining scene and they do the full menu for take out as well.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Excellent service, good food. Across from Lobby of Best Western (may be part of it). Very accommodating when there was a misunderstanding about vouchers we had.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I really cannot understand why one gets charged for salad dressing! I did not want the house vinaigrette as I do not like that as a dressing and asked for ranch instead and got charged 50 cents, (money grab!) The server could not even bother to tell me so I thought lowly of that aspect and when I questioned it, it could not be taken off the bill. I find that quite petty of a place that wants to get a good reputation and with so much competition in Kelowna. I was already charged an extra $1 to replace salad with fries and that I was okay with even though fries is more in price to make than just some greens and no carrots/tomatoes etc, again petty to do that to customers. Atmosphere is nice but I cannot understand the pettiness and the money hunger ways of Ora. May or may not go back, undecided.

1  Thank Nolpreen
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Four of us had meals that were of cheap coffee-shop quality. The soup tasted as if it came from a can. Service was good, however.

1  Thank Pattyjo98
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

It was me & my boyfriends first time to Ora, we were looking I find a nice relaxing meal together. First thing we noticed was the atmosphere, it was very well put together and quite relaxing. We had a young red headed server, seemed sweet but she would cut me & my boyfriend off at times as she was taking our order. Also while busy with us she was called by another staff member and completely dropped what she was about to say and just walked away in mid conversation, although we had just finished ordering what food we wanted so at least she didn't walk off before that. Our food was a bit of a wait but nothing to complain about, I ordered the Bone-In pork chop, it was cooked perfectly and all the flavours on the plate went together very nicely. My boyfriend ordered the mango chicken penne, looked very appealing but I was kept busy with my own dish! All in all was a nice place, good food, service could use a little work but not many conplaints!

1  Thank Canadian06