“Beautiful restaurant, Fabulous food”
Review of Ora Restaurant - CLOSED

Ora Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“Beautiful restaurant, Fabulous food”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

An amazing restaurant, tucked away beside the Best Western in Kelowna. Very quiet, a truly amazing 12 foot long fireplace in the center, with the tables all around. This would be a great place for that "romantic" dinner.
Service was spot on. No hovering, just always there. Menu is very upscale, and prices are a bit on the high side.........but....well worth the money. One dinner was a steak. One was a shrimp and gnocchi. Both were perfection, presented well, and mouth watering edible. Try a coffee. It comes presented on its own special plate, with cream and sugar on a cloth napkin. You wont want to spoil the picture by drinking it.
Well worth the money. If you want a "really nice Place" Ora is it. I will happily return.

• Visited November 2013

Kelowna, Canada
“Great Service in a Relaxed Atmosphere. Fantastic Food.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This place is great. Such a nice laid back atmosphere with staff who are real people and not just chain restaurant robots. It's a good versatile place to eat out as well. Or just to have a few drinks and watch a hockey game. I've taken the wife's parents here for a fancy dinner, but I've also been in for after work drinks with the guys. I've had the Tuna Tataki so many times I think I might be growing gills :) I would say that I'm a regular here and to anyone who has never been before, this place is truly a hidden gem in the Kelowna dining scene and they do the full menu for take out as well.

• Visited October 2013
Lantzville, Vancouver Island, BC
“Convenient to Best Western, Kelowna”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Excellent service, good food. Across from Lobby of Best Western (may be part of it). Very accommodating when there was a misunderstanding about vouchers we had.

Visited September 2013
Kelowna
“Good atmosphere but pricey and etc”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I really cannot understand why one gets charged for salad dressing! I did not want the house vinaigrette as I do not like that as a dressing and asked for ranch instead and got charged 50 cents, (money grab!) The server could not even bother to tell me so I thought lowly of that aspect and when I questioned it, it could not be taken off the bill. I find that quite petty of a place that wants to get a good reputation and with so much competition in Kelowna. I was already charged an extra $1 to replace salad with fries and that I was okay with even though fries is more in price to make than just some greens and no carrots/tomatoes etc, again petty to do that to customers. Atmosphere is nice but I cannot understand the pettiness and the money hunger ways of Ora. May or may not go back, undecided.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nolpreen
Las Vegas, NV
“Not Very Good”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Four of us had meals that were of cheap coffee-shop quality. The soup tasted as if it came from a can. Service was good, however.

Visited August 2013