“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Order the crispy crunch roll! Most sushi restaurants make their rolls really fat and the pieces are to large to fit in one bite without getting chipmunk cheeks. Mabui chefs make their rolls thin and long. You get the same amount of delicious filling in a manageable bite, and their rolls hold together after being dipped in soy sauce. I can't say enough about the skill and quality of the rolls!

The other spectacular menu item is the Raftee. Raftee is pork that has been stewed for 24 hours. The pork melts in your mouth it's so tender! You could spread it on toast with a butter knife. Absolutely amazing!

• Visited August 2013

Kelowna, Canada
“Consistently great”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We've eaten here probably 15-20 times, and it has to be some of the most consistently delicious food, on par with our favourite restaurants in NYC. It is the kind of place that you can pick anything on the menu and know it will be a new favourite dish. We don't order from the sushi menu that much, because the rest of the menu interests us more, but the sushi is great too.

• Visited August 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Nothing great.”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I don't understand why this place has such great reviews. I found the food to be quite greasy and not great quality. There are better Japanese places in Kelowna. I was unfortunately disappointed.

5 Thank OkanaganTraveller_12
San Antonio, Texas
“One of the best Japanese restaurants outside of Japan”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I spent two years living in Japan, and after living in Vancouver, Kelowna and the US, I can honestly say this is one of the best Japanese restaurants I've been to outside of Japan. The food is sublime, the service is wonderful, and the staff even take the time to make scrambled eggs with ketchup for my picky 4 year old. Every bite takes me back to my time spent in Japan. It's addictively good and so authentic. No other Japanese restaurant in Kelowna even comes close.

West Vancouver, Canada
“Wow!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal here last night. The spicy dynamite rolls, chopped scallop sushi, albacore tuna sushi, orange scallops and prawn gyoza were succulent. If we lived here, we would be frequent diners! The decor is modern, clean and the service was charming. The only negative comment I have is that the wooden bench seats were mucho uncomfortable. Suggest you reserve in advance. Great value in this overpriced wine capital!!!