“My Favourite Indian Restaurant in Kelowna”

Da Tandoor Fusion Indian Cuisine
Ranked #172 of 612 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Kelowna BC Canada
“My Favourite Indian Restaurant in Kelowna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoy dining at Da Tandoor for a number of reasons, maily because I really like their food and the price is reasonable. Their Indian couisine is a style that I particularly like having lived in the Middle East where Indian restaurants are plentiful and usually very good. The style is not gourmet, more like casual dining, so if you like this style you will definitely like Da Tandoor. The owner also owns Dawat and Chutney restaurants in the city which offer, respectively, gourmet Indian and Asian food.

Da Tandoor also has a pub next door so that beverage offerings can include draft ale which is always appreciated with Indian food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank no_to_rain

Kelowna, Canada
“Re: Poor Service and Food Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I find it necessary to write to the manager of the establishment about the abysmal service my friend and I received on Monday, May 19, 2014 around 1:00pm. To begin, there was only one server working this afternoon during a statutory long-weekend, while the restaurant was supposed to be offering a lunch buffet. We noticed that the buffet never actually came to fruition, although other unhappy customers were inquiring about it. There was indeed a notice on the entrance door stating that it would be available that afternoon.
This one server was not able to bring our table a fountain pop within 30 minutes of ordering it. Furthermore, when my friend and I were attempting to order our meal, he repeatedly interrupted us to deal with a customer at the front counter. Because of this inattention, he punched in our meal wrong and brought me the incorrect dish. I sent it back and he brought my correct dish out within ten minutes or so. Due to this rush to fix his mistake, the chicken in the Chicken Methi was not completely cooked and resulted in food poisoning, which made me physically and violently ill for approximately 48 hours directly afterwards.
All in all, my friend and I were in the restaurant from 1:00pm to 2:45pm. I had to leave the restaurant twice to put more money in the parking meter. I was extremely disappointed in the service and presentation of the restaurant and shocked that there was no discount of the late and tainted food.
Although this was previously my favourite Indian restaurant to attend and have recommended it to countless friends over the past couple years, I am afraid that it will be a long while before I return. I was embarrassed to bring my friend to this restaurant while she was visiting from Montreal. I suggest reviewing your staffing during busy weekends and times such as statutory holidays and proffered buffets.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Mhalston
“Excellent Indian Buffet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited here twice to enjoy the lunch buffet. Included was a selection of several main dishes (butter chicken, chana masala, potatoes/spinach curry, tandoori chicken, etc.) with some salads and pudding for desert. Thoroughly enjoyed the quality and it's great to have a buffet available in Kelowna offering good food!

• Visited December 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Great food, excellent service, reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have eaten at Tandoor numerous times but never have written a review of experience. This is our favourite Indian Cuisine restaurant. We always order the Vegetable Pakoras, Lamb Korma and Basmati Rice. This time we decided to try a vegetable dish(Vegetable Goa Curry) instead of a chicken entree. They always get the spice level right no matter what we order. Every time we have eaten here the food has been very good and tonight was no different. And their Nan bread is the best in town. We have always had excellent service no matter who we get--friendly, knowledgeable, always there when you need them and that includes the one we had tonight who was new to the restaurant. And they have never been rude.
Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gregory54
Lake Country, B.C.
“Great food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have eaten here many times. The food is always good to excellent. Their vegetarian dishes are excellent, and their tandoor is really tasty. Their fish dishes are not my favourite, although we recently discovered their prawn dish.

I have also eaten at their buffet lunch which is really good value.
I love their Chai - its very authentic.

The service is always good.

• Visited November 2013