“Very Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Last night my friend & I decided to go for dinner as we were craving a bit of Italian. Usually we would hit up East Side Mario's but since it has now closed we thought we would try the Old Spaghetti Factory. Even though I hadn't heard good things about it, I decided I would give it a shot because I'm not a picky eater and quite easy to please, it couldn't be that bad could it? When we arrived there was a 20-30 minute so we sat at the bar and had a cocktail which I quite enjoyed. We were given a table after 20 minutes so we didn't have to wait too long but it took another 10 minutes for our waitor to appear. By that point we already knew what we wanted to order and he quickly brought us their "famous" sourdough bread and our salads. The bread was warm, but extremely stale, you could tell it had been sitting around for a really long time and my salad was drowning in dressing, almost like a dressing soup with a few lettuce leaves thrown into it. So judging by the quality of the appetizers, you could say I didn't have high hopes for the spaghetti and meatballs coming my way....When the main course arrived I could tell just by looking at it that it wasn't going to be good, and well, that's a first for me. The meatballs looked extremely un-appetizing, they were actually grey in colour and resembled rocks and tasted like s***. The actual spaghetti sauce was the worst I've had in my entire life, it had almost a chemical taste to it, seriously awful. The only redeeming quality about this place is the staff. Our waitor was lovely (even though he was slow to start) and the older gentleman who I assume is the manager was also very pleasant and attentive. Needless to say this takes the cake as the worst meal I've ever had in Kelowna and let me re-iterate to you that I am by no means a picky gal when it comes to eating, I generally enjoy every meal and I am not hard to please. So my advice is steer clear!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ademeyere8721

Merritt, Canada
“Thanks”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The service was nothing to scream about. The bread when we first sat was very good and the different kind of butters was nice also. When the meal came it was at a nice temperature. I hate to say this but my sause was to over powering with baisl that I had trouble tasting chicken. Then my company said that the garlic also was to over powering. I will give them another try for it might of just been a bad day. Thanks Rose

• Visited February 2014
Kamloops, Canada
“Yummy food.”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Oh I love the food here. Reminds me of when I was a kid. :)
Staff is friendly and service is really quick.
Very busy place though.

Visited February 2014
Prince George, Canada
“One of the best Caesar salads I've ever had”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Our sports team and parents went here as a group while in town for a tournament. The restaurant did a reasonably good job of coordinating the arrival of many meals at once for a group of about 30 people. No mistakes between food ordered and food received. There was the usual logjam at the end of the meal where everyone wanted to pay at once but there was only one credit card machine to process the payments.

The Caesar salad was very good. It was not drenched in dressing, like so many places do.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank A K
Kelowna, Canada
“Horrible”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It was my fathers 80th birthday and this is where he wanted to go. The food was horrible and the service was worse....will never go back!! And would tell everyone it is a waste of your money to go there.

• Visited January 2014