“Oysters Consistently Great”

Ranked #20 of 648 Restaurants in Kelowna
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Japanese eatery bringing a West Coast feel to BC's interior. Reservations are recommended!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Since my first discovery of Blue Tail back in October, I now come here for lunch at least once every two weeks. I always order the oysters 3 ways because they are ALWAYS fresh and delicious. I'm a pretty good regular for their protein roll. Service is sometimes a hit and miss and the décor could use some clean up and repair (club chairs for sure) and the booths, sides and bottom of tables need a good scrub down etc.

Time to clean guys - hope someone mentions something soon. I hope they work a bit on their service (friendliness and attentiveness) and appearance of the booths, chairs etc. as Kelowna REALLY needs a nice restaurant with a cool vibe. Please don't let this one get run down, it would be SUCH a shame....

1  Thank zorka3500

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I have gone gluten-free for health reasons. Not only did we get gluten-free soy sauce, but they went out of their way to ensure that all the ingredients were also gluten-free (for example, imitation crab has gluten in it). Best service ever! And the sushi...fantastic!!!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. I ordered various types of sushi. It was far better then other restaurants I have had in past !! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stopped in for a late snack and was extremely impressed that the service and more importantly the food was beyond the recommendations that we had received from friends. You must try the oysters 3 ways, not to be missed. Can't wait to return with more friends to try even more of the unique items. The only complaint that I had was that I would rather have a pot of tea on the table and not have to wait for a refill each time.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stopped in here a few times and repeatedly enjoyed it. Nice variations of items I was already familiar with, as well as new twists