“Awesome Stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I took my husband away for a romantic getaway and we couldn't go out of town so I booked a stay here. The staff were cheerful and helpful in making this a special occasion for my husband and I especially Michelle. The rooms were comfortable especially the beds. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back again for sure. What a nice getaway while still at home! I recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is absolutely perfect for a short stay near the Kelowna airport. I would recommend arriving a day or two earlier than you need to so that you can enjoy some "down time"....at the pool, in the restaurant, outside at the patio, drink in the lobby by the firepalce or just in your beautiful room. And it's only a 10 minutes drive to many other Kelowna attractions....downtown, the lake, golfing, wineries,and fabulous restaurants to name a few.
The rooms were very modern and loved the big walk-in shower, big screen T.V. and as always the Sherton hotel beds are heavenly!!!
All this and very friendly service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank good2go2
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We only stayed at this hotel for one night. It's so lovely to stay in a new hotel! Everything is so clean and new! The pool is cute, on the small side though...don't expect to swim laps. The slide...according to those that were trying it... is crazy fast. The lobby is very nice, lovely fireplace. As others say, not the best view around, but it was built to be near the airport...so it certainly fills that need. The hotel had a "business" feel to it. Not really a "family" feel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brandylcat
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was immaculate and the bedding was very comfortable. What set this hotel apart for me was the service. I had an issue with the phone in my room, and the fellow at the desk resolved it immediately. Later that same fellow offered to print me some directions to a local winery. The next day, I wanted a quick breakfast. Unfortunately there was not much left in their fridge. Sarah offered to have the kitchen prepare me a yogurt with fruit and I was able to have it in about 5 minutes. She was very friendly and accommodating. Upon checkout, the front desk knew we were in a hurry to catch my plan. Julie recognized that, arranged for our luggage to be placed in the shuttle quickly, and then drove us herself! She was also very friendly. They staff at the front desk were so incredibly helpful and they looked like they really enjoyed helping out their guests. Always a smile!
Note: the hotel is really very close to the airport. Don't take a cab - it is literally a 5 minute drive, and not worth the cab driver's time. The shuttle runs frequently.
In terms of location, I was there for a conference so it was very convenient. If you want to explore, however, it would be best to rent a car. Taxis into town run about $40 one way, and even more to get to a winery.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BrianandNaomi
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are simply delighted to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations, we take a great deal of pride in providing the best experience! We hope to see you again in beautiful Kelowna soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Love this new addition to Kelowna! Right beside the airport - almost hit it with a rock is this new Four Points by Sheraton. Everything is new, service is great, rooms are perfect! Best part is the restaurant - great food, great screens for sports in the lounge, awesome Kelowna wine offerings!
Rooms are exactly what a Four Points traveler expects! Parking is right out front and easy! Love staying her for business or pleasure - not sure where to stay? This is your safest bet!

Room Tip: Its brand new so all rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 49Charlie
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We greatly appreciate our loyal guests and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Smart hotel with handy location to airport, but built in an industrial park - hence, not much of a view when on patio, etc. Needs ? fencing, visual barrier to empty dusty areas of unattractive land. Plant large trees to screen? Staff excellent in all areas of hotel. Food excellent. Bathroom a little too bright! Need some colour to tone it down, almost clinical in decor in bathrooms. Beds awesome, guarantee a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel - very good location for UBCO access and or airport access.
They do have an airport shuttle for those requiring a ride to the airport. It is a ways out of town, so if you are doing things right in Kelowna, this would not be the place for you.

The rooms are very tastefully done, comfortable beds and well equipped. I always appreciate an empty fridge that I can put things in to keep cool. Lots of easy access to plug ins for electronic devices - sometimes hard to access in rooms. Black out blinds are nice for naps and early nights.
There is a bottle of water in the room that is free, not $$$$ like some other hotels.

Staff are very friendly and helpful, for a fairly new hotel, it seems to be going smoothly.
In the lobby there is complimentary tea and coffee 24hrs which I really like.

Some things that are not so nice are noise levels that carry through to the rooms. I am on the side of the gravel pit and the work starts up very early in the morning. I suggest asking for a room facing towards Kelowna - the view is nicer also. This area is an up and coming area, so still lots of construction. You do not hear the planes from the nearby airport though. Another disadvantage of this side of the hotel is there is live entertainment downstairs in the lounge and it carries right up into the rooms on this side - I do like live music, but only when I am in the lounge.
The room doors are set to close hard when closing also, I am not sure if they can be adjusted, would be a wise thing for the hotel to look at as they are very loud.

Would I stay here again, yes, just on the opposite side of the hotel for the above reasons. With this being my first time staying here, I now know. It is good value and convenient for what I needed.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the side facing Kelowna for the noise factor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate feedback as it helps us to continually make hotel stays great for each guest. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our amenities, like free bottled water and a fridge in your room! We will share your suggestions about guestroom doors with our engineering team so that our future guests are comfortable. We hope to welcome you back again soon!