“The best reasonably priced airport hotel I've ever stayed in”

Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport as we had an early flight out the following day. It's a little way out of Kelowna and is situated in an area which is obviously being developed so there's not much in the way of landscaping etc. It is probably the best airport hotel I've ever stayed in. First impressions were of a clean, modern, airy, spacious building. One of the check in staff was very helpful- a second a little grumpy, but we had a dog with us and maybe she didn't like dogs.
Our room was fabulous. Huge, clean, quiet and bright with a big picture window. The bed was comfy. My husband found the A/C a little noisy but I didn't have a problem with it. The bathroom was spanking clean- just one small criticism is that it had a white shower curtain which was already showing signs of wear. I wondered why tub enclosures hadn't been used instead.
There isn't much around in terms of shopping/ eateries etc. within walking distance so we tried out the hotel bar/ restaurant. It was fab! The staff were really helpful, friendly and efficient. Our meal was delicious and very reasonably priced.
There is a spa etc but we didn't have time to try it out. Although the airport is so close there is a shuttle service which was efficient.
I'd certainly stay here again. it was wonderful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were staying here overnight as we made our way from Calgary to Vancouver. At first I wasn't certain if I liked the location, which is a bit away from town, but was happy to find that this made it quiet, relaxed, and easy.

Parking is free, they offer complimentary tea and coffee, and Ric's grill offers room service for all meals. The room is spacious, feels pretty new, and I loved the 'shut-out' shades, which can be closed all the way if you want complete dark.

The TV system (which we did use, as we were tired from our drive - we opted for room service and a movie) is fantastic. Large screens, lots of channels, even local radio stations are available.

Food from Ric's was really quite decent, though I found everything a touch salty.

The only downsides I can mention are the A/C, which seems quite dated, and very loud. Even with the fan turned down as low as it would go, it was pushing a lot of air, so we turned it off for the night.

The other thing is that the rooms are NOT sound proof. I was woken by the stomping from the guests above us, and a few doors (which are heavy, by the way) slamming in the hall.

All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I took my husband away for a romantic getaway and we couldn't go out of town so I booked a stay here. The staff were cheerful and helpful in making this a special occasion for my husband and I especially Michelle. The rooms were comfortable especially the beds. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back again for sure. What a nice getaway while still at home! I recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is absolutely perfect for a short stay near the Kelowna airport. I would recommend arriving a day or two earlier than you need to so that you can enjoy some "down time"....at the pool, in the restaurant, outside at the patio, drink in the lobby by the firepalce or just in your beautiful room. And it's only a 10 minutes drive to many other Kelowna attractions....downtown, the lake, golfing, wineries,and fabulous restaurants to name a few.
The rooms were very modern and loved the big walk-in shower, big screen T.V. and as always the Sherton hotel beds are heavenly!!!
All this and very friendly service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank good2go2
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We only stayed at this hotel for one night. It's so lovely to stay in a new hotel! Everything is so clean and new! The pool is cute, on the small side though...don't expect to swim laps. The slide...according to those that were trying it... is crazy fast. The lobby is very nice, lovely fireplace. As others say, not the best view around, but it was built to be near the airport...so it certainly fills that need. The hotel had a "business" feel to it. Not really a "family" feel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brandylcat
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was immaculate and the bedding was very comfortable. What set this hotel apart for me was the service. I had an issue with the phone in my room, and the fellow at the desk resolved it immediately. Later that same fellow offered to print me some directions to a local winery. The next day, I wanted a quick breakfast. Unfortunately there was not much left in their fridge. Sarah offered to have the kitchen prepare me a yogurt with fruit and I was able to have it in about 5 minutes. She was very friendly and accommodating. Upon checkout, the front desk knew we were in a hurry to catch my plan. Julie recognized that, arranged for our luggage to be placed in the shuttle quickly, and then drove us herself! She was also very friendly. They staff at the front desk were so incredibly helpful and they looked like they really enjoyed helping out their guests. Always a smile!
Note: the hotel is really very close to the airport. Don't take a cab - it is literally a 5 minute drive, and not worth the cab driver's time. The shuttle runs frequently.
In terms of location, I was there for a conference so it was very convenient. If you want to explore, however, it would be best to rent a car. Taxis into town run about $40 one way, and even more to get to a winery.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BrianandNaomi
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are simply delighted to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations, we take a great deal of pride in providing the best experience! We hope to see you again in beautiful Kelowna soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Love this new addition to Kelowna! Right beside the airport - almost hit it with a rock is this new Four Points by Sheraton. Everything is new, service is great, rooms are perfect! Best part is the restaurant - great food, great screens for sports in the lounge, awesome Kelowna wine offerings!
Rooms are exactly what a Four Points traveler expects! Parking is right out front and easy! Love staying her for business or pleasure - not sure where to stay? This is your safest bet!

Room Tip: Its brand new so all rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 49Charlie
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We greatly appreciate our loyal guests and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.