“Day room for delayed flight”

Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff at this hotel could not have been lovelier, or more helpful! The rooms were very nice, the bed was super comfortable. The food from room service was delicious, but a bit overpriced. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed on our way home as we had a very early flight. Can't say enough good things. Great price super clean many amenities friendly staff nice on site restaurant and they really try to be green. Free airport shuttle

Room Tip: We had a great room on the third floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I went to Kelowna for a trip to see my family and it was suggested that I visit this hotel. It is located by the airport right on highway 93, so optimal for travel into and around Kelowna. The entrance to the hotel is beautiful - the lobby very warm, welcoming, and opening. The front desk staff greet you with a great smile as soon as you walk in the doors. The check in process is seamless and the information provided very thorough. The staff make you feel at home and remember you throughout your stay - a feat I can say from experience, is difficult. Dined in the restaurant with great service and selection. The rooms are very well appointed and clean. The look of the rooms make you want to move in and never leave! I look forward to using this as my go to home away from home when visiting my family! See you on my next visit!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cara U
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and over all experience was great!!
The facility is the newest one in the area. The room was very clean and has modern decor. I like it very much. Airport shuttle, internet access, and coffee/tea available in the lobby area, all complimentary. The on site restaurant, Ric's Lounge and Grill, served distinctive foods with local ingredients and drinks including a wide selection of wines. I had dinner once and breakfast twice during my stay.
BUT what I would like to mention mostly is the receptionists. They were super friendly and helpful. I wanted to take a look at Summerhill Pyramid Winery but I had no car, so asked them how to get there. They gave me detailed information such as bus route, fare, where to transit, and wrote them down on a sheet of paper. In addition to that they drove me to the closest bus stop (complimentary of course!!) Otherwise I would have ended up paying a lot for taxi. The receptionists were very enthusiastic to help the guests.
Definitely an option to consider!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel served our travel purposes before and after coming to the area on business. Great staff and very helpful. The hotel is all modern and very new and sits up on a hill overlooking the airport. It was an easy car rental return from the hotel at 4:30 in the morning. It was a luxurious and I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Kelowna.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the airport or elsewhere; not the vacant lot next to the hotel which i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport as we had an early flight out the following day. It's a little way out of Kelowna and is situated in an area which is obviously being developed so there's not much in the way of landscaping etc. It is probably the best airport hotel I've ever stayed in. First impressions were of a clean, modern, airy, spacious building. One of the check in staff was very helpful- a second a little grumpy, but we had a dog with us and maybe she didn't like dogs.
Our room was fabulous. Huge, clean, quiet and bright with a big picture window. The bed was comfy. My husband found the A/C a little noisy but I didn't have a problem with it. The bathroom was spanking clean- just one small criticism is that it had a white shower curtain which was already showing signs of wear. I wondered why tub enclosures hadn't been used instead.
There isn't much around in terms of shopping/ eateries etc. within walking distance so we tried out the hotel bar/ restaurant. It was fab! The staff were really helpful, friendly and efficient. Our meal was delicious and very reasonably priced.
There is a spa etc but we didn't have time to try it out. Although the airport is so close there is a shuttle service which was efficient.
I'd certainly stay here again. it was wonderful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were staying here overnight as we made our way from Calgary to Vancouver. At first I wasn't certain if I liked the location, which is a bit away from town, but was happy to find that this made it quiet, relaxed, and easy.

Parking is free, they offer complimentary tea and coffee, and Ric's grill offers room service for all meals. The room is spacious, feels pretty new, and I loved the 'shut-out' shades, which can be closed all the way if you want complete dark.

The TV system (which we did use, as we were tired from our drive - we opted for room service and a movie) is fantastic. Large screens, lots of channels, even local radio stations are available.

Food from Ric's was really quite decent, though I found everything a touch salty.

The only downsides I can mention are the A/C, which seems quite dated, and very loud. Even with the fan turned down as low as it would go, it was pushing a lot of air, so we turned it off for the night.

The other thing is that the rooms are NOT sound proof. I was woken by the stomping from the guests above us, and a few doors (which are heavy, by the way) slamming in the hall.

All in all, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family