“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Country, Canada
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I spent four nights and had a great stay. The rooms were quiet, clean and staff were pleasant everywhere. Not just an efficient staff who have to be pleasant as part of their job. The staff seemed genuinely happy in their work envirnment and seemed proud of Kelowna and were happy to share information to assist hotel guests. We had many of our meals at the hotel and they were very good. The restaurant patio was a nice place for a drink after a long day out and about.

The hotel is convienent to the airport and close to everything.

We were lucky enough to join the hotel's one year anniversary party. Food, drinks and a band. What a great time.

As with any review minor gripes and constructive criticism should be pointed out. The flimsy plastic glasses in the room should be replaced by glass or at least a higher grade plastic that does not collapse in your hand. I aggree with a previous reviewer who suggested a mirror outside the bathroom would help as the bathroom is small.

Our last day and night at the hotel a very large group of children and parents (sports tournement) took over the hotel. The restaurant staff seemed overwhelmed and we received poor service in the restaurant as a result, both dinner and breakfast. We were seated for breakfast and after a very long wait we had to approach a waitress at the bar and ask to be served. She had been serving the tables all aournd us but would not make eye contact. She seemed very annoyed however did serve us. Each time we entered an elevator children were inside going floor to floor stopping at each floor. Not cool when parents let children run free in the hotel disturbing other guests. Perhaps hotel management can address the issues of large childrens sports goups vs the comfort of other guests. Issues such as the elevators, lobby computers were inaccessible, restaurant staff were overwhelmed.

These are minor gripes and I will return to this hotel while staying in Kelowna. Well run hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marmy5050

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The property is nice and new. However our bathroom had black hairs on the wall on check in. Also they seem to be minimizing supplies/amenities. Eg: only 2 bath towels for 2 pax and only one box of Kleenex in the whole "Deluxe King" room. The hotel is trying to appear eco-friendly but have paper coffee cups and plastic glasses. The only option for Sunday breakfast was a buffet of brick-like old waffles, rubbery scrambled eggs, and a disinterested and incompetent waitress, for $12.95 each (not including tea, coffee, or juice). Other patrons were offered made-to-order options but we were not. A written review was left but there was no attempt at any apology or remediation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very pleased with this new hotel from the very competent and pleasant check-in staff to fresh and bright, clean rooms. Especially loved the bright, white bathroom. A very comfortable bed and nice to large sized rooms. I think it is advertised as an airport hotel but we heard nothing in the way of airplanes. Very quiet rooms. We just stayed one night on our way out to the coast but would definitely recommend and stay again. The only 'wish' I had was that there was another mirror within the room besides the bathroom vanity one - there were 3 of us getting ready in the morning at once and having the additional mirror would have been very welcomed. A very nice stay and for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The staff at this hotel could not have been lovelier, or more helpful! The rooms were very nice, the bed was super comfortable. The food from room service was delicious, but a bit overpriced. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed on our way home as we had a very early flight. Can't say enough good things. Great price super clean many amenities friendly staff nice on site restaurant and they really try to be green. Free airport shuttle

Room Tip: We had a great room on the third floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Banff, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I went to Kelowna for a trip to see my family and it was suggested that I visit this hotel. It is located by the airport right on highway 93, so optimal for travel into and around Kelowna. The entrance to the hotel is beautiful - the lobby very warm, welcoming, and opening. The front desk staff greet you with a great smile as soon as you walk in the doors. The check in process is seamless and the information provided very thorough. The staff make you feel at home and remember you throughout your stay - a feat I can say from experience, is difficult. Dined in the restaurant with great service and selection. The rooms are very well appointed and clean. The look of the rooms make you want to move in and never leave! I look forward to using this as my go to home away from home when visiting my family! See you on my next visit!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cara U
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and over all experience was great!!
The facility is the newest one in the area. The room was very clean and has modern decor. I like it very much. Airport shuttle, internet access, and coffee/tea available in the lobby area, all complimentary. The on site restaurant, Ric's Lounge and Grill, served distinctive foods with local ingredients and drinks including a wide selection of wines. I had dinner once and breakfast twice during my stay.
BUT what I would like to mention mostly is the receptionists. They were super friendly and helpful. I wanted to take a look at Summerhill Pyramid Winery but I had no car, so asked them how to get there. They gave me detailed information such as bus route, fare, where to transit, and wrote them down on a sheet of paper. In addition to that they drove me to the closest bus stop (complimentary of course!!) Otherwise I would have ended up paying a lot for taxi. The receptionists were very enthusiastic to help the guests.
Definitely an option to consider!!

• Stayed June 2014