“Continues to be absolutely amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Zabb Thai Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 610 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Description: Zabb Thai Restaurant is conveniently located on 3009 Pandosy St, close to the corner of KLO and Pandosy across from SOPA Square in Kelowna Mission. Zabb offers a relaxed casual environment in a modern look and feel atmosphere specializing in authentic Thai cuisine. The menu is simplified so the focus can be placed on the quality and taste of each dish while keeping a friendly price.
Victoria, Canada
“Continues to be absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Mon and her crew continue to deliver amazing food with a smile. Every time you come in, if you're willing to embrace Thai friendliness cuisine, you'll be treated to an amazing experience and food.

One of the few Thai restaurants I've visited since living in Thailand for a year that recreates authentic Thai flavours while cranking up the quality and portions for North American tastes. Bar none, the best Thai food I've had outside of Thailand.

The basil pork, especially with the heat cranked up to "Thai spicy", remains one of my favourite flavour profiles in any meal. The texture of the pork and vegetables are the perfect vehicle for the savoury goodness of the seasoning and make sure to add a fried egg for the best texture experience. My wife's favourite is the masaman curry. The potato-based curry is a perfect recreation of the complex flavours of southern Thailand and has a smooth, potato/peanut/coconut milk taste.

Beers are reasonably priced and the coconut flan is the only flan dessert my baker wife is willing to eat (it's amazing).

We try to get to Zabb at least once every two weeks and always ask ourselves why we don't come more often after every meal.

2 Thank BigDingo

West Kelowna, Canada
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went here with my sister for my birthday dinner. Read reviews and they were pretty good. It is smallish and cosy but our experience was excellent. I chose a green curry and thought wrongly) that medium hot would be fine for me. Unfortunately after only the first mouthful I realised I had made a mistake and my mouth was on fire! (What a wimp I know). While I was wondering how I was going to eat this much looked forward to curry the server came up and took away my plate and offered to make me a different dish that I would be able to eat and I agreed happily. However she returned to the table and said that the chef said he could recreate the green curry but at a temperature I could tolerate! It was fantastic and I loved it. I think that was wonderful service and a sure fire way to keep customers returning as we will. Highly recommend.

2 Thank catloverSotogrande
SumofSupa, Owner at Zabb Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I was so glad to see such review and had to share it with all our staff! It is our main mission to make sure that everybody has a great experience when they come to Zabb and your message conveys that we must be going in the right direction. We hope to see you again soon and hopefully will be able to help you build up the spice tolerance :)

BC
“Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Zabb is a great place for a delicious lunch. Service is quick if you are in a hurry and the food is fantastic. And very inexpensive. We've been twice for lunch and once for dinner, I find the atmosphere is best for lunch, it is not a lingering sort of place.

We really enjoyed having the Thai iced coffee. Yum, it is like having a dessert and your caffeine fix all in one.

Zabb can accommodate a gluten free diet for those with celiac; not all dishes but enough to have a great selection.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review and thank you for mentioning the gluten free options! We definitely don't advertise this enough but most of our dishes can be made gluten free with exception to the appys and a few dishes. We hope to see you again soon!

Sum
“Excellent food, great prices ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Fresh ingredients, delicious and authentic. Service was a bit slow due to multiple groups arriving concurrently. Once our turn in queue came up things followed along promptly. Final bill was a pleasant surprise - more reasonable than all the other highly rated restaurants in town. Worth a visit.

It definitely can get a little hectic in our little restaurant during rush hours and so we try our best to accommodate everyone. I’m glad you had a great experience and thank you so much for the review!

Cheers,
West Kelowna, Canada
“Great food, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife attended here for dinner and had a wonderful meal, the food is fresh, well prepared and hot. The spring rolls are excellent, so is the green curry chicken and drunken ginger chicken. Out meal for two with a single beer was reasonable at $40.00.
Our server was very pleasant and on the ball.
Not many tables and restaurant can get quite busy

• 4 of 5 bubbles
SumofSupa, Owner at Zabb Thai Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for the review! We are glad to hear that you and your wife had a wonderful dinner at Zabb and we hope you see you again soon.