“Hotdog Heaven”
Review of Swankies - CLOSED

Swankies
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Delicious mystery meat in a tube, good bun, topped with a very creative choice of toppings, from perogie to chilli, what's not to like? For serious hotdog gourmets! Oh, got kid's dogs too.

1  Thank Likestoeat1234

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hot dogs here are the stars. Awesome franks, creative presentation, great flavours. Paired with fresh-made soup everyday, and you have a great late-night haunt or quick lunch.

That said, it's still a hot dog joint, so don't expect anything more and you won't be disappointed food-wise. Service, when we were there, was friendly, but seemed to suffer from a lack of experience or training. Food was slow, orders were made wrong. Still, I like it!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

A hotdog shop opened up close to us, so we thought we would check it out. While I'm not sure if we'll be going back (some sticker shock . . . but maybe we are cheap?), the concept is certainly interesting. I'd recommend for them to bring in some more traditional kinds of hot dogs and a better price point, and we'd likely be back. I guess I'm too used to steamies and toasties in Montreal that can be had for a couple of bucks . . . . For now though, it still remains a nice place for tourists to check out if they are looking for a different kind of hot dog.

1  Thank OgopogoGuy